[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

No, distinctly not, it's more of an alternate form factor hitchhiker. A 3.75m actual crew pod is not really planned at the moment, the Taurus and the Freya are the best candidates to use.

I use both of them, but neither have a 2.5m top. I might just be a crime rider and use it for reentry anyway :)

mk4testing.jpg

Some pictures from yesterday. Rough shape of fuselage and cockpit went ingame for testing. It was pretty fun! I even landed the small one, which is abnormal for me. Parts are big and heavy, handles like a pig. I think I will indeed continue with this project at some point.

I feel like Near Future Construction should be the next mod to be made stock after SP+. It's very stocklike, and very nice. With the stock crew-transfer function, even the little airlock and the tiny cupola with no way in or out will become highly useful parts, in addition to highly visually appealing. ^_^

For the station/surface base parts, could we possibly get a stockalike extending tube to dock base modules, if such an animated part is possible? The only one I know that exists right now is MKS' Extend-O-Tube.

I haven't been following this thread much, so apologies if something like this already exists :)

For the station/surface base parts, could we possibly get a stockalike extending tube to dock base modules, if such an animated part is possible? The only one I know that exists right now is MKS' Extend-O-Tube.

I haven't been following this thread much, so apologies if something like this already exists :)

I don't know if I really want to do that at this point. There's still a couple of iterations to go before my to do list is willing to be expanded again.

I feel like Near Future Construction should be the next mod to be made stock after SP+. It's very stocklike, and very nice. With the stock crew-transfer function, even the little airlock and the tiny cupola with no way in or out will become highly useful parts, in addition to highly visually appealing. ^_^

I am excited to see what this new system entails. One thing it would have to do would be restricting when you can go on EVA from a part. I would like that. You can fake it by going and blocking the hatch, but that's suboptimal. We'll have to see... it's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the next release

They look really nice, great texture, very stock like but more detailed.

download planned for release of 0.25 :D

Idiotquestion: the internals war wip?

They are a sketch, so very WIP. They'll probably be in in a white blocked out form first, as usual. I prefer dealing with complaints about that than a slew of "can't go on EVA, Jeb stuck in module" whining.

On that note, opinions on whether the cupola should be a control part or not? I am ambivalent. It will influence the crew capacity and how I lay out the IVA.

Edited by Nertea

On that note, opinions on whether the cupola should be a control part or not? I am ambivalent. It will influence the crew capacity and how I lay out the IVA.

I'm OK with cupolas being used for observation, not control. Especially if that means more crew capacity.

I'd like them to be usable for command. High crew capacity wouldn't really matter, as they wouldn't be used for habitation anyway. Or am I the only one who always brings at least two seat spaces, where at least one is in a habitat, per Kerbal?

I don't know if I really want to do that at this point. There's still a couple of iterations to go before my to do list is willing to be expanded again.

I am excited to see what this new system entails. One thing it would have to do would be restricting when you can go on EVA from a part. I would like that. You can fake it by going and blocking the hatch, but that's suboptimal. We'll have to see... it's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the next release

They are a sketch, so very WIP. They'll probably be in in a white blocked out form first, as usual. I prefer dealing with complaints about that than a slew of "can't go on EVA, Jeb stuck in module" whining.

Cool, good to know that before I complain again :D

Hmm I would vote for an observation module that provides view into space/planet, where regulary cameras and this kind of stuff would be.

Personally, I could see the little cupola (cupolette?) being a one-seat auxiliary control platform. Something you'd use for docking maneuvers in absence of a hullcam, or for good-view inline cockpits. It'd be one of the few things allowing for neat, non-pointy rovers, or flitters like the Faerie class from Edge of Chaos:

faerie_flitter.jpg

I am still working on getting the WIP IVAs ingame for these parts and making some changes to the shared prop pack. I'll get SSPX updated in a few days, probably. NFT will be later.

Before 0.25 dropped I had been testing cargo bays and an adapter piece, as well as redoing the cockpit model. Here's a teaser:

mk4testing2.jpg

These parts are undergoing pretty heavy testing before they see the light of release or even texturing. To that end, I could use someone who actually plays the game (and preferably builds spaceplanes) to help with balance and such.

Nert,

Do you expect your new spaceplane parts to support any of the following:

1) FAR/NEAR? These days with so many mod packs being configured exclusively for modified aerodynamics (B9...) its practically mandatory to have installed.

2) The new "stock" lifting bodies as seen with the SP+ parts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.