[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

I don't understand. FFT looks quite good already , it perhaps just needs little tweaking and it could be released. Why the delay? Are there any major blocking issues that prevent a release?

You can read my post a few items above, but in short, no, it does not look good enough. Maybe one or two of the engines are close, but that is not sufficient.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:52 PM, Nertea said:

This is probably not all, but will be the main focus of the mod. In addition to this, you can expect some of the following:

• Expanded selection of radial fuel tanks for the basic fuel types
  • More RTGs
  • Interesting science instrumentation
  • Antennae and other useful greebles

I use ProbesPlus to cover that ATM. So... you're probably going to expand on DMagic, aren't you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, Nertea said:

This is probably not all, but will be the main focus of the mod. In addition to this, you can expect some of the following:

• Expanded selection of radial fuel tanks for the basic fuel types
  • More RTGs
  • Interesting science instrumentation
  • Antennae and other useful greebles

Always looking to see what the community wants though, so feel free to put in your requests. Can't say I'll do them, but they'll go into a decision matrix at least.

If you want my 2 cents, I'm all for more greebles!

Just wish KSP wouldn't choke so hard on 100 part count space-craft. Hope KSP 2 does a better job with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

stand by...

Hey some things! I've mostly finished what I intend to do with the smaller probes lineup. This is prototyping for larger probes as well.

First off the buses. These fit the RND (ok that one's mine), the OKTO, QBE and HECS. Available in two sizes for each and a number of surface options (truss not pictured). There's also a switchable end in various surfaces as well.

1.PNG

silvur.PNG?width=1973&height=1340

goldilocks.PNG

Next, small accessories. When I started making some test craft I started seeing missing things... Like small tanks. These are really small but fit in the buses or on surfaces really nicely. 

Available in a number of fuels and finishes (silver foil, lithium, argon not pictured)

tanks.PNG

RCS.PNG

xenons.PNG

foiled_again.PNG

And tiny batteries and reaction wheels:

accessories.PNG

The small antenna selection is also lacking. I will give internet points to those that figure out the source spacecraft for these:

antennas.PNG

I even made a tiny leg

suck_it_in.PNG

When I was drunk. I regretted it shortly after. 

legg.PNG

Edited by Nertea

So far FFT seem to have survived 1.8 rather fine. I don't see any texture oddities, the plumes are all mostly correct (other than some odd behavior on one of the 30m scalable engines), fusion reactors work, the antimatter facility operates and filling the tanks up on the Launchpad also works.
I also don't see any logspam

So unless there's some deep under the hood fire, FFT seems like it hasn't got any scratches from 1.8

On 10/18/2019 at 3:56 PM, GrandProtectorDark said:

So far FFT seem to have survived 1.8 rather fine. I don't see any texture oddities, the plumes are all mostly correct (other than some odd behavior on one of the 30m scalable engines), fusion reactors work, the antimatter facility operates and filling the tanks up on the Launchpad also works.
I also don't see any logspam

So unless there's some deep under the hood fire, FFT seems like it hasn't got any scratches from 1.8

so i assume that means it also works with 1.7.3?

• 4 weeks later...

Oooh!!!!

Very interdasting. 

Should you feel so inclined, It'd be amazeballz to finally get some decent landing legs? The ones in the old AIES mod remain the best looking and most versatile for KSP hands down but that mod died many moons ago. Ha, see what I did there... ha.... ha... I'll go now. :rolleyes: 

:)

54 minutes ago, rextable said:

Oooh!!!!

Very interdasting. 

Should you feel so inclined, It'd be amazeballz to finally get some decent landing legs? The ones in the old AIES mod remain the best looking and most versatile for KSP hands down but that mod died many moons ago. Ha, see what I did there... ha.... ha... I'll go now. :rolleyes: 

:)

Well I have that one leg there for tiny things. I think the current set of legs is pretty good for probes though, don't see much point in adding to them here.

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

looking great!

any chance to get an animated antenna, solar panels, and maybe rcs? :P

I feel like I might have made a mod for solar panels. Can't remember though. 

RS+ has a full set of small RCS for probes as well.

12 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Well I have that one leg there for tiny things. I think the current set of legs is pretty good for probes though, don't see much point in adding to them here.

Hairymuff :D

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

yes, yes you have. :D in my sleep deprived defense, I forgot to include the word 'integrated'.

and there are two nice little landing legs in Transparent (Command) Pods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.