[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

is this a new mod, or a expansion of the older one?

On 5/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, GigFiz said:

Yeah, It seems like KSP2 is sticking with the questionable modelling choices of KSP1, notably on the 1-3 command pod, where the chutes don't mount flush.

Hopefully the models will still work and the textures will only need mild editing to use the PBR stuff.

I think that those are just stand-ins for the real parts, but i hope they keep an updated version of the old mk 1-3, because i think they ruined it in a recent update with the teeny tiny windows...

52 minutes ago, determinationmaster said:

This is an update which will add parts in the 1.875m and 5m part diameters. It also includes retextures of many "old" parts that were already in the mod.

Just now, Nertea said:

Some early IVA work on the tuna can flat hab:

unknown.png

On that note I am toying with the idea of making IVAs into an Extras feature to help with memory usage. 

A NearFuture Spaces folder?  Or bundled into the NearFutureProps folder?   It is a good idea!

TBH I only use part mods that include IVAs so how would you have the IVAs work if someone didnt install them?  That isnt just for visuals but to find where kerbals are in space stations and such.

Peace.

20 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

A NearFuture Spaces folder?  Or bundled into the NearFutureProps folder?   It is a good idea!

TBH I only use part mods that include IVAs so how would you have the IVAs work if someone didnt install them?  That isnt just for visuals but to find where kerbals are in space stations and such.

Peace.

One thing I've seen done for parts without proper IVAs is to just create a solid black IVA cube inside the part and place the kerbals in there. That way you can at least see their portraits. When mods don't include any IVA at all then the Kerbal portraits won't show up, which is annoying. I've also seen mods reuse existing IVAs from other parts, the Mk3 passenger module could be a stand-in for anything less than16 kerbals. 

35 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Some early IVA work on the tuna can flat hab:

unknown.png

On that note I am toying with the idea of making IVAs into an Extras feature to help with memory usage. 

Loving it. This looks to be more of a living area, in contrast to the sleeping quarters focus on the PXL-2 Shelter (flat 3.75 hab)? 

12 hours ago, Nertea said:

Honestly it sounds like a great idea imo

12 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I would use the black cube of death approach so you'd see Kerbals sitting in a void. With all the new IVAs in this update splitting things like this would literally cut the memory usage in half. 

11 hours ago, TBenz said:

Loving it. This looks to be more of a living area, in contrast to the sleeping quarters focus on the PXL-2 Shelter (flat 3.75 hab)? 

Uh yes the crew cabins are on the bigger hab which is also in a WIP state but slowly getting done

unknown.png

On 5/23/2021 at 7:51 AM, Beccab said:

Minmar Temporary Research Station for my science save:
Screenshot_958.pngScreenshot_959.png
Mission profile:

Reveal hidden contents

The mission starts with two kerbal scientists on the capsule and nobody in the lab.
Screenshot_940.png
Liftoff with a 3.75m rocket
Screenshot_943.pngOrbital insertion
Screenshot_953.pngMinmar injection
Screenshot_963.png
When low minmar orbit is reached, everything gets deployed and the kerbals are transfered to the lab. The station has 3 normal experiments and 1 scansat.
Screenshot_974.png
When all the science has been taken, the station brings itself and the capsule out of minmar orbit and back to low kerbin orbit before transfering the two kerbals to the descent module and undocking. Since I obviously forgot parachutes, a different spacecraft will hopefully come rescue them :P

Looks amazing!

Just curious, do you play with the stock solar system or something bigger like JNSQ?

6 minutes ago, Neebel said:

Just curious, do you play with the stock solar system or something bigger like JNSQ?

At the time I was playing with JNSQ yeah, then since Ad Astra is not supported for 1.11 and the clouds in stock JNSQ are not much impressive I had to switch back to the normal system size to install visual mods (spectra in my case)

On 6/8/2021 at 8:11 AM, determinationmaster said:

I think that those are just stand-ins for the real parts, but i hope they keep an updated version of the old mk 1-3, because i think they ruined it in a recent update with the teeny tiny windows...

Unrelated, but it's kind of odd: I don't know what you did, but the reply thing seems to have wonked out. The thing you replied to that it says was from me, wasn't something I wrote, it was the quote I was replying to in my own post.

Because it should say Spaceman.Spiff as the first thing:

On 5/14/2021 at 5:35 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Yeah, It seems like KSP2 is sticking with the questionable modelling choices of KSP1, notably on the 1-3 command pod, where the chutes don't mount flush.

Hopefully the models will still work and the textures will only need mild editing to use the PBR stuff.

Restock Classic.

And this is my actual reply that I wrote from that post:

On 5/19/2021 at 10:43 AM, GigFiz said:

That's a fair point, and probably best to try and keep expectations low enough to give them room to surpass them; but they keep pushing the release back, and now they are getting more/new artists; so we can maaaaaybe play optimist a little and hope that it will better (and hopefully full awesome /fingerscrossed) by the final release (whatever decade that may be). And if not....well, It'll give Nert more to do :lol::D

Though, really, I'd be super sad if we didn't get any Nert mods for KSP 2

Wasn't trying to get off topic, just never seen that happen before.

On topic: holy hell, Nert; those IVAs....

Just now, determinationmaster said:

is there a beta that i can download?

from what?

there is a beta/alpha/development version of the 1.875m parts and new texture stuff on github, though it's not finished and still indev

though I think that the 5m parts are still to early in a shape to be tested/enyoied by us

On 6/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, coyotesfrontier said:

@Nertea, sorry if this is a bad question, but what are your thoughts on 1.12 being KSP's final update?

I am happy, it's time for it to retire so I can stop wasting time fixing game breaking updates.

So here is the science lab. It is different and interesting! Has a lot of exposed facility space to add experiments to.

unknown.png?width=1610&height=1341

One fun thing is the inclusion of a new science experiment on one side of the thing:

unknown.png

10 minutes ago, Nertea said:

So here is the science lab. It is different and interesting! Has a lot of exposed facility space to add experiments to.

unknown.png?width=1610&height=1341

One fun thing is the inclusion of a new science experiment on one side of the thing:

unknown.png

Looks excellent! This will definitely feature on my stations in future!

Question: what's that round thing poking out the lower back of the lab in the first pic?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.