[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

On 6/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, NiL said:

It could work as a heatshield, for aerobraking large vessels. Current biggest heatshield, I believe, expands to 10m? 3.75 or 5m flat-ish shield could expand to like 20m (I would suggest a 3.57m form-factor with toggleable 5m grid mech around it), which is insufficient for aerobraking 5m or evel long 3.75m vessels. 
Edit: I suggest doing only one part, of course, with one extension animation

wx6PDiK.png

So it actually is a heat shield, along with a radiation and possibly dust shield.

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

I just got this bad boy all baked and animated! It was an extremely long and frustrating road!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Oh that is absolutely gorgeous! Even all folded up, it looks like something you'd see on a ship - the ring segments look like radial habitation sections or something when tucked up like that.

22 hours ago, Nertea said:

Sorry, no plans to do this.

I just got this bad boy all baked and animated! It was an extremely long and frustrating road!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Wow ! What's the diameter of the central structure? 5m?

23 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

how much G-force will it have? (when it spins)

I haven't set the rotation rate yet, but you can set that in the module configuration and it calculates it (as in the current stuff)

30 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Wow ! What's the diameter of the central structure? 5m?

The endcaps are 5m.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Yes. That’s one of the new station part sizes for this update. :)

12 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I haven't set the rotation rate yet, but you can set that in the module configuration and it calculates it (as in the current stuff)

The endcaps are 5m.

That ... is.... huge....  really looking forward to. 

Is there a roughly scheduled E.T.A. for the expansion of SSPXr ? This year?

2 hours ago, NiL said:

12 minutes ago, Rakete said:

roughly scheduled E.T.A. for the expansion of SSPXr ? This year?

You can get some of the stuff now from that link

7 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

You can get some of the stuff now from that link

Isn't this an unstable branch? I like stable versions for the sake of integrity of my Carreer saves. So i just dared to ask, when a stable version of this expansion is roughly expected. :cool:

Edited by Rakete

The good thing: After the 1.12 Mod repair stuff, which Nertea will go through, he'll likely never have to do this again - meaning (given that he wants to) more time to feature upgrades to his mods, as no further 'mod repair orgies' (tm) after ksp major releases have to be performed...  long term a win win thing :D 

So I can wait for a stable release. Maybe sooner than expected, after the 1.12 repair stuff.

Edited by Rakete

@Nertea

I am in awe with your multiple high quality mod contributions to KSP.  You are one of a handful of mod creators that create quality work and pay very close attention to details and fidelity to realism as close as you can get in this game.  I have downloaded and installed all of your mods to create ideas that I had for deep space exploration since I was a young boy watching Carl Sagan's TV series Cosmos.   I am aware that you work for the aerospace industry and create these fantastic mods as a hobby.  What motivates you to do so?  Do you have a goal?  Is it a side project for your work or just personal curiosity?  I am asking since I wish to know what drives you to dedicate hundreds of hours to creating these highly detailed mods for free?  I have created mods for other games and understand the dedication, attention to detail and effort to push it thru to the public just to get some thanks and criticism of why it doesn't have a particular option in it.   You have a new fan of your work and I am following closely to your efforts.  They are very much appreciated from my behalf.

Hello everyone! I have a ridiculous idea for a 5m space station part, a mall / hotel module? Where when you send tourists it basically generates free money?  I feel like it would be perfect for a late-game career. 

Edited by funnelton

3 hours ago, funnelton said:

Hello everyone! I have a ridiculous idea for a 5m space station part, a mall / hotel module? Where when you send tourists it basically generates free money?  I feel like it would be perfect for a late-game career. 

I have added the 5m centrifuge plus updates to the two 3.75m centrifuges to the 2-0-0 branch before I head off for vacation. This also disables the docking port revamp temporarily so is useable in 1.12, more or less. 

I only have one more 5m part I want to add, which is a habitation dome. Then I need to look at

• 1.875m/5m base frames (and side base frames)
  • Maybe reviving the stairs part
  • Science rack structural part thing. 

Of course, there's also the IVAs for the integrated domes and the centrifuge to sort out, as well as populating the lab. So we're getting there!

Edited by Nertea

I'm really looking forward to seeing the big 5m-stationparts in a future stable release of SSPXr. 

Are there adapter pieces with windows and handles etc. planned to get seamlessly from the actual 3.75m to the new bigger 5m modules  - as we already have gotten to get from 2,5m to the 3,75m?

Have a good vacation. It's more than deserved.

Edited by Rakete

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.