[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

I will release what I have completed by Aug 14th, whatever that may be. 

Why this fixed date? You don't have to put yourself under too much pressure. We are patient enough. :wink:

The latest push should contain all non-IVA features for 2.0.0. Assume at this point that any bugs you see are things I don't know about. You can post them here and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Edited by Nertea

The 5m Centrifuge "Cronus" has the hatch of the center module, rotate with the rest of the ring. It isn't supposed to do it right?

giphy.gif

Also 3 questions:

•  The big 5m cargo modules cargo config is a place holder no? Because it has the same cargo volumes as the biggest 3.75m cargo module.
  • All the new 1.875 and 5m parts  don't have a compatibility patch with TAC Life Support appart from placeholders no? I mean the hydroponics module producing food and such.
  • The Cronus will have 14 Kerbals as the Mercury? The mass is the same also, so I suppose is another place holder.

Thank you so much for the great pack of mods you have made over the years, I love all the new parts, so if you need more time later, after the 14th August, to finish anything, take your time.

Edited by Overlocker96

2 hours ago, Overlocker96 said:

The 5m Centrifuge "Cronus" has the hatch of the center module, rotate with the rest of the ring. It isn't supposed to do it right?

I think I can also see it in Nertea's gif, no? Right at the end of the second one. I would also think it's not intended.

Also very much this

2 hours ago, Overlocker96 said:

Thank you so much for the great pack of mods you have made over the years, I love all the new parts, so if you need more time later, after the 14th August, to finish anything, take your time.

11 hours ago, Overlocker96 said:
  •  The big 5m cargo modules cargo config is a place holder no? Because it has the same cargo volumes as the biggest 3.75m cargo module.
  •  

I'll check it out.

• All the new 1.875 and 5m parts  don't have a compatibility patch with TAC Life Support appart from placeholders no? I mean the hydroponics module producing food and such.
  •  

I don't write these, someone else will have to contribute. 

• The Cronus will have 14 Kerbals as the Mercury? The mass is the same also, so I suppose is another place holder.

I haven't decided on 14 or 16 yet, but yes, will need to adjust mass and cost to account for the lab.

It's a Magical Rotating Door (tm). Special feature!

-edit: last push should solve those. 

Edited by Nertea

44 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

Is a habitation dome still planned for 2.0.0? I realize that it would be quite a bit of work, but it feels weird for there to be a greenhouse one but not a hab one.

It's not planned, I had too much trouble conceptualizing an attractive structure that would go inside the dome and gave up a few times.

Plus it would be another goddamn IVA.

If you have some good conceptual suggestions I can entertain them.

Edited by Nertea

5 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Is it possible to have a part with the IVA on the outside?  Like a picnic table part that then has an iva which is kerbals sitting at it.

Not with any kind of clean integration with the rest of the model, no. 

11 hours ago, Nertea said:

I'm not sure what you mean, that won't solve the IVA question.

I don't like talking for other people, but I think that his idea is something like this:

Rather than making a habitation dome as a part with its own IVA, have a series of (probably very large, but hopefully rather simple) parts which can create the "dome effect" around existing parts from your set. That way a habitation dome can be created without needing IVA views (other than the ones that you've already built).

Perhaps you could use an attachment point in the centre of the dome as the point to which you attach, for example, a multipoint hub and then other station parts.

I'd personally like it if there were also a couple of attachment points around the outside of the dome that are paired interior and exterior to the dome structure, to which your airlock parts could be attached  thus allowing people to "leave" the dome.

[Can I use the opportunity of dropping in here from my e-mail notifications to plug a 8-point hexahub?]

I know you don't normally take part suggestions for mods which are complete, but i'd like to suggest you making Hubble roll-out solar panels. My reasoning is that: there are no worthy mods adding these panels, kitbashing them just doesn't look right either; you've already done Hubble parts for Space dust and Scansat, so panels would be a reasonable addition; from my inexperienced viewpoint it won't be very difficult to make them using your roll-out array assets; and finally, those would be quite useful for many craft, not only Hubble replicas

Not really pushing you towards anything, but it would certainly be nice

New texture look fantastic, but pure white paint for KRDA container feel less 'RDA' . :P

SDV-1 Logistic module's contain indicator is upside down in VAB.

Didn't found the muti join for 1.875m parts, or there is no plan to includ?

Since these parts are can use on interplanetary trip, a large dust shield may be worth to make. :/

12 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Rather than making a habitation dome as a part with its own IVA, have a series of (probably very large, but hopefully rather simple) parts which can create the "dome effect" around existing parts from your set. That way a habitation dome can be created without needing IVA views (other than the ones that you've already built).

That seems just like what the 'empty' dome is though.  you can put stuff inside and toggle attach points on the outside. 

12 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

[Can I use the opportunity of dropping in here from my e-mail notifications to plug a 8-point hexahub?]

Sorry, that's just more work :)

6 hours ago, Alpha512 said:

I know you don't normally take part suggestions for mods which are complete, but i'd like to suggest you making Hubble roll-out solar panels. My reasoning is that: there are no worthy mods adding these panels, kitbashing them just doesn't look right either; you've already done Hubble parts for Space dust and Scansat, so panels would be a reasonable addition; from my inexperienced viewpoint it won't be very difficult to make them using your roll-out array assets; and finally, those would be quite useful for many craft, not only Hubble replicas

I don't generally do specific replicas either, sorry. Sure it's a reasonable addition but I have a lot of other things I'd rather make first. 

5 hours ago, Dr.Lxweei said:

Didn't found the muti join for 1.875m parts, or there is no plan to includ?

It exists, it is called the PMA-MULT Multi-Point Station Connector.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:26 AM, KawaiiLucy said:

@Nertea I've updated the patches for MKS and USI-LS to include the new 1.875m parts, however when trying to pull request on github I get 20k additions and 10k deletions, which means I am certainly doing something wrong.

By looking into the 2.0.0 configs, I've noticed that some of the deployable centrifuges are also missing the module DeployedCrewCapacity, which should be already taken care of in the current release.

Is this why the mks -extras patch gives an error during load when using 2.0.0? (the USILS patch also)

2 hours ago, modus said:

Is this why the mks -extras patch gives an error during load when using 2.0.0? (the USILS patch also)

Yes. You can do some copy-pasta magic from the official 1.11.x compatible release to resolve this issue. Make sure to check your log to see what parts are affected (iirc it's the 2,5m centrifuge that has a cfg snippet missing).

in the 1.12.2 thread JPLRepo (KSP Dev) posted a new mod, to fix the drifting of docking ports, what happens to all docking ports since 1.12 - guess it won't be fixed in the base game anytime soon. He wrote, that this depending on which node a custom dockingport uses, it might be neccessary to do some changes to mods, that come with own docking ports to use the repairfixes he provided.

Maybe adding support for this repair mod from JPLRepo might be worth a consideration for all the fantastic Nertea Mods, that come with new or replacing docking ports... Just my to cents...

Just a proposal for Restock, NF Launch vehicles, NF Construction, SSPXr...

Edited by Rakete

17 hours ago, Rakete said:

in the 1.12.2 thread JPLRepo (KSP Dev) posted a new mod, to fix the drifting of docking ports, what happens to all docking ports since 1.12 - guess it won't be fixed in the base game anytime soon. He wrote, that this depending on which node a custom dockingport uses, it might be neccessary to do some changes to mods, that come with own docking ports to use the repairfixes he provided.

Maybe adding support for this repair mod from JPLRepo might be worth a consideration for all the fantastic Nertea Mods, that come with new or replacing docking ports... Just my to cents...

Just a proposal for Restock, NF Launch vehicles, NF Construction, SSPXr...

This fix is embryonic and in my opinion should be built into a community fix pack, I will monitor and see what happens. 

Latest push has some additional fixes and completes all the IVAs except the centrifuge. Please note it requires NF Props 0.7.0+.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.