[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

26 minutes ago, rocketman525 said:

How do I know when a mod is updated? I never heard of there being a new update to it. 

If you use CKAN to install your mods, you'll see an option to "Add available updates" when new updates are, well, available. If you install manually, you'll have to pay attention to the threads / Spacedock.

42 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

@Nertea, I've downloaded the dev repo as usual, but the new parts don't appear to be there once I've loaded the game. Is that intended?

Yeah this happened too, it seems the master version was downloaded, not the dev version. I can't seem to download that version.

2 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

@Nertea, I've downloaded the dev repo as usual, but the new parts don't appear to be there once I've loaded the game. Is that intended?

I've encountered that problem downloading alternate branches of other mods on github. Seems to be a global issue with github, however downloading the files that were created / updated in the recent commit has worked for me to get around this issue (though it is rather tedious).

16 hours ago, Jcking said:

I've encountered that problem downloading alternate branches of other mods on github. Seems to be a global issue with github, however downloading the files that were created / updated in the recent commit has worked for me to get around this issue (though it is rather tedious).

The way I’ve gotten around it is by forking the repository and then making the dev branch the default branch. GH is having an issue where it downloads the default branch no matter which one is open.

Somehow i consider making another electrical powered propeller plane (have already done some (solar-only and also fuelcell powered for the climate caring kerbals) ).

Now it's time to do another one: this time with one of these little reactors. That's what the whole Kerbal world waited for: A flying propeller nuke, that should better not crash ... :cool::D So much fun ahead. Thank you, Nertea. Already kinda laughing, when I think of it.

Where does this sadness come from?
Yes, modding KSP1 is gradually pushing B.
But what I saw inspires more optimism.
The materials available on KSP2 show that it is possible that the new KSP will be friendly to models for KSP1. I think that the colossal long-term work of Nertea and the entire community of KSP modders will not be lost, and it may be useful for the new Kerbal - if the authors have the motivation to do this.
Moreover, the creativity of the community still looks muuuuuuuch better than what I saw for KSP2.
Speaking of "new Nerteaa mods for KSP1" ... What new mod can you still want?

Don't panic !!!

Edited by Cochies

1 minute ago, Cochies said:

But what I saw inspires more optimism.
The materials available on KSP2 show that it is possible? that the new KSP will be friendly to models for KSP1. I think that the colossal long-term work of Nertea and the entire community of KSP modders will not be lost, and it may be useful for the new Kerbal - if the authors have the motivation to do this.
Moreover, the creativity of the community still looks muuuuuuuch better than what I saw for KSP2.
Speaking of "new Nerteaa mods for KSP1" ... What new mod can you still want?

Don't panic !!!

Nertea is also working on the actual KSP 2 now!:D

1 hour ago, Cochies said:

Where? Nah, this is the great time for mods, as they have now a stable KSP code base to compile against. No breakage due to KSP updates anymore. No reason for the modders to reserve bugfixing timeslots in their workcycles. Now they can concentrate on new stuff - given that they still want to do stuff in their free time.

Ksp2 around the corner? Maybe... maybe not. It got already delayed more than once. So i believe it, when I see it. At the moment i don't have the highest hopes for KSP2. They need to convince me, that KSP2 is better gameplay than my highly modded KSP 1 install.  We'll see, when it drops. KSP 1 might have a much longer life, than we all expect. If KSP2 fails, KSP1 will live almost forever until it's killed by incompatibility with Windows 11, 12, 13... 20... :D.

Edited by Rakete

50 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Where? Nah, this is the great time for mods, as they have now a stable KSP code base to compile against. No breakage due to KSP updates anymore. No reason for the modders to reserve bugfixing timeslots in their workcycles. Now they can concentrate on new stuff - given that they still want to do stuff in their free time.

Ksp2 around the corner? Maybe... maybe not. It got already delayed more than once. So i believe it, when I see it. At the moment i don't have the highest hopes for KSP2. They need to convince me, that KSP2 is better gameplay than my highly modded KSP 1 install.  We'll see, when it drops. KSP 1 might have a much longer life, than we all expect. If KSP2 fails, KSP1 will live almost forever until it's killed by incompatibility with Windows 11, 12, 13... 20... :D.

Where is a slightly wrong question.
A good question is why?
Because no matter how much you like KSP1, she is not a curable patient.
Because many players are waiting for KSP2.
Because there is, if not confidence, but hope.

2022 is coming soon.

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Sounds like what people said when Musk founded SpaceX.

10 minutes ago, Dr.Lxweei said:

Sounds like what people said when Musk founded SpaceX.

Hey, everything in life has to convince me to buy it. I am not the pre-order guy. I watch, if things are good, and than I buy / install etc.  I am not Elon with tons of tons of money and time to spend it. :D (At least somehow I'd like to work for a company like spaceX, since I'm engineer irl, but naaah... don't know if the working conditions for his employees are nice...:D)

Same goes for mods. I hesitated a long long time and played KSP purely vanilla until Waterfall as my first mod convinced me, that Nertea's Mods are goooooooood stuff. So I installed more and more. 

21 hours ago, Rakete said:

Is NFE 2.0 complete or are further feature increments in development? Just a curious questipn :D

I didn't really get any feedback in terms of what is on git right now, so I'm not sure. 

Not really feeling the KSP development these days though. I guess here are some pictures of the almost completely finalized 1.875 reactor mesh (based on JIMO project Prometheus design). 

yaay.png

shroud.png

32 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I didn't really get any feedback in terms of what is on git right now, so I'm not sure. 

So I didn't find the 2.0.0 branch on github to test anything... so silence might be due to people didn't find any bugs? Or not finding it on git (like me)... :D Maybe the other guys just wait for new reports from your dev workbench... ?!

At least I am looking forward to the upcoming mainrelease of NFE ! I have recently tried some mods from other mod makers and none of them reaches the quality and low bug level, that your mods do. Keep up the great work.

Edited by Rakete

7 minutes ago, Rakete said:

So I didn't find the 2.0.0 branch on github to test anything... so silence might be due to people didn't find any bugs? Or not finding it on git... :D Maybe the other guys just wait for new reports from your dev workbench... ?!

It's not as large as other things so work is just occurring in dev

8 minutes ago, Rakete said:

At least I am looking forward to the upcoming mainrelease of NFE ! I have recently tried some mods from other mod makers and none of them reaches the quality and low bug level, that your mods do. Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

Also keep in mind: My reported bugs were just the last 1% to perfection. So... others struggle to make their stuff even work. So today I uninstalled some of the WIPs, that were sold as finished, from other mod makers... :-)  Some where so much bugged, that I wasn't even in mood to report all the not functioning stuff... So yeah! Somehow I feel a mod from your workbench can be installed without thinking about it - it will be a good experience.

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Not really feeling the KSP development these days though. I guess here are some pictures of the almost completely finalized 1.875 reactor mesh (based on JIMO project Prometheus design). 

yaay.png

shroud.png

So i guess no inline variant? (No offense)

Edited by ra4nd0m

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.