[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

I didn't really get any feedback in terms of what is on git right now, so I'm not sure. 

lack of feedback could be because of that issue github is having with downloading the correct branch, i had to install the app just to get the dev branch.

as for feedback, i don't really have any constructive feedback about what's there, everything works and it looks fantastic

it would be nice if the smaller reactors made more power, but i don't really know much about balancing

You became part of the KSP2 Team? Really?! Wow... Seems I missed that info somewhere along those lines... thought it was kinda a joke. Thought you were into some space agency things and not into game development in real life. 

Anyways, I highly appreciate your work.  This gives me a much better feeling about KSP2. And I think many of us would still love to see some Nertea-Stuff for KSP 1. So don't feel put under pressure - but there is still a market for all your great stuff. :D I have already many usecases for your NFE expansionnat hand, that wait to be turned into vessels :P

Edited by Rakete

3 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Nertea is almost certainly to be under an NDA preventing him from commenting on KSP 2 development.

Well I know about an NDA but i'm not asking about anything that can actually be forbidden to tell just about overrall feeling of developing an entire GAME it's not just mods you know it's whole next level!

27 minutes ago, Rakete said:

This gives me a much better feeling about KSP2

Yeah having Nert as a team member is both a really wonderful news and a safeguard from having awthul artstyle).

Edited by ra4nd0m

On 9/28/2021 at 9:30 AM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Is this likely to be your last major mod project for KSP1?

Yes.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:39 AM, ra4nd0m said:

Is KSP2 so much better than this?

Let's just say it's tough to do one thing the whole workday and then come home to do... generally the same thing.

Understandable. Take your time. Burnout or even the potential of it is a real you-know-what. Your job takes priority. Good luck out there and I hope management treats you well and that you're not pulling super long hours; both of those are distressingly common in the game development realm.

22 hours ago, Nertea said:

Let's just say it's tough to do one thing the whole workday and then come home to do... generally the same thing.

Fully understandable, but also kinda sad for all of us as fans or your stuff, that the stream of new Nertea stuff will come to a stop until KSP2 will be in stores and running... I expect a bumpy start for KSP 2 as any new software has nowdays.

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

So the roadmapped agenda of HeatControl Expansion is scrapped from the agenda after completion of NFE 2.0? Or delayed to "some not further detailed point in the future"?

6 hours ago, Zaffre said:

Understandable. Take your time. Burnout or even the potential of it is a real you-know-what. Your job takes priority. Good luck out there and I hope management treats you well and that you're not pulling super long hours; both of those are distressingly common in the game development realm.

Well no, I'm literally retiring. I don't intend to make any more content beyond continuing to fix bugs and hopefully pushing the NFE thing out the door. Anything that might have been on a roadmap is probably not happening!

Always could change but....

As they say... 

Don't cry because it's over... smile because it happened. 

Thanks for all the added enjoyment you've provided the KSP1 community, Nertea. Looking forward to your work in KSP2!

Edited by Zelda

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.