[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

18 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@Nertea those bags in the inside rim look alot like cargo storage, Is it correct this is more of a logistics module or even a radiation shelter?

Nah this is just the endcap detail I'm using. Assume this is part of integral radiation shielding, crew supplies, or similar. 

On 3/28/2021 at 1:09 AM, Nertea said:

For those who haven't guessed yet, these are the 1.875m station core (based loosely on the Mir Kvant module) and habitation module (based loosely on Zvesda and Mir core). The confirmed planned part list now includes:

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen....

:cool:

I kid.  But I am enthused about the prospect of having that size gap filled by this mod when I finally have a chance to revisit KSP to play for a while.

3 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Having wet workshop parts in this mod would be a pretty neat thing imo. I know Bluedog has a wet workshop Skylab module available, but a part in this mod would be cool.

Obviously no demand, Nertea is doing more than enough as it is.

9 hours ago, Nertea said:

Everyone is all 'so big!'. I'm here looking at all the other modules, which are without exception larger.

Good, I was going to mention, this part is really flat and while having a flatter part is good, if they  were all that flat it'd be annoying to build anything normal-shaped with them

3 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Good, I was going to mention, this part is really flat and while having a flatter part is good, if they  were all that flat it'd be annoying to build anything normal-shaped with them

Looks like a command center. I imagine there'll be mega-habitats and mega-labs to go with it.

14 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Having wet workshop parts in this mod would be a pretty neat thing imo. I know Bluedog has a wet workshop Skylab module available, but a part in this mod would be cool.

Obviously no demand, Nertea is doing more than enough as it is.

I can't see a way to make wet workshop parts effectively. It's the thing where the second I do one, there's going to be requests for more (diameters, lengths, functionality). It would be better for a dedicated mod with dedicated scope to handle that. 

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

I can't see a way to make wet workshop parts effectively. It's the thing where the second I do one, there's going to be requests for more (diameters, lengths, functionality). It would be better for a dedicated mod with dedicated scope to handle that. 

Perfectly fine, just keep doing what you're doing :)

This is the larger hab module, versus the smaller one. It has an upper deck with a few rooms and a central core of cabins similar to the 3.75m version of this part. The cargo bags provide radiation shielding and integral storage. If I end up with spare texture space on another sheet I might make a no-bags variant.

unknown.png?width=1238&height=1341

unknown.png?width=1265&height=1339

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

This is the larger hab module, versus the smaller one. It has an upper deck with a few rooms and a central core of cabins similar to the 3.75m version of this part. The cargo bags provide radiation shielding and integral storage. If I end up with spare texture space on another sheet I might make a no-bags variant.

unknown.png?width=1238&height=1341

unknown.png?width=1265&height=1339

Does it actually function like one of the container parts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.