[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

Dome North and South wall nodes are placed incorrectly (model is ok, but the construction node for north is placed on the south and vice versa). West and east nodes seem to function well.

Edited by MrFancyPL

14 minutes ago, MrFancyPL said:

Dome North and South wall nodes are placed incorrectly (model is ok, but the construction node for north is placed on the south and vice versa). West and east nodes seem to function well.

Oh my goodness gracious me.  I didn't realise we were getting DOOMs  <ahem> domes!  Looks like 5 meter jobs too!  I assume that they aren't just transparent fairings, but can we walk inside them?  Is there an airlock, hatch type facility like the NearFuture LV do coupler or cargo bay or something with the opening hatch?  No wonder we aren't supposed to post pictures all over the interwebs.

8 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Oh my goodness gracious me.  I didn't realise we were getting DOOMs  <ahem> domes!  Looks like 5 meter jobs too!  I assume that they aren't just transparent fairings, but can we walk inside them?  Is there an airlock, hatch type facility like the NearFuture LV do coupler or cargo bay or something with the opening hatch?  No wonder we aren't supposed to post pictures all over the interwebs.

I don't really know how Nertea wants it to function, but currently:

-You can walk inside them, but in some places collider stops you from going near wall.

-There is no other way to get inside them other than some clipping stuff with airlocks, or place inside seat and spawn kerbal inside. I think it would be nice to add hatches on the inside and outside, and add crew capacity 1 as a buffer.

That's what I can tell for now.

Edited by MrFancyPL
error

3 hours ago, MrFancyPL said:

He told you specifically not to post images...

On 6/19/2021 at 7:43 PM, Nertea said:

Don't post screenshots all over the internet

@coyotesfrontier I think he stated it for people that would immediately start posting creations with this on e.g. Reddit. I posted it for bug catching purposes. But nonetheless I will delete it and post it again if @Nertea will say so.

Edited by MrFancyPL

25 minutes ago, MrFancyPL said:

You can walk inside them, but in some places collider stops you from going near wall.

-There is no other way to get inside them other than some clipping stuff with airlocks, or place inside seat and spawn kerbal inside. I think it would be nice to add hatches on the inside and outside, and add crew capacity 1 as a buffer.

Awesome.  I keep look at where to download 2.0, to get in ahead of release for my TechTree updates, but can't find it.  So, this has made me more excited for release.

22 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

He told you specifically not to post images...

*... all over the internet, but this is on the forums?!

I appreciated the opportunity for hype though.  As excited for this as I am for the 1.12 release.  No really.

Just now, theJesuit said:

Awesome.  I keep look at where to download 2.0, to get in ahead of release for my TechTree updates, but can't find it.  So, this has made me more excited for release.

*... all over the internet, but this is on the forums?!

I appreciated the opportunity for hype though.  As excited for this as I am for the 1.12 release.  No really.

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/StationPartsExpansionRedux/tree/2-0-0

Here you go. Click green "Code" icon, then "Download as zip". You still have to get all the depedencies tho.

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

believe me, we are getting amazing things, though I don't want to ''spoiler''

You can post images here, I just don't want them filtering out onto reddit/etc so that people come looking for an unfinished mod, download it and complain. That's the motivation here. 

13 hours ago, MrFancyPL said:

Don't think that'll be happening. Honestly the 'empty' dome is a bonus that I made only because it shares > 90% of its texture space with the kitted out domes.

Couple dome images for those who don't want to download the alpha:

unknown.png

unknown.png

15 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Don't think that'll be happening. Honestly the 'empty' dome is a bonus that I made only because it shares > 90% of its texture space with the kitted out domes.

With an empty dome, are there attachment nodes inside that allow for internal construction? 

Hey @Nertea I think the new SSPXR textures and parts are phenomenal. I know your general thoughts about user requests but I figured I’d throw this one out as it seems like it would be a pretty light addition using assets you’ve already got.

Would it be possible to include the external stowage racks from the 5m lab as a standalone part? Simply a structural component, nothing fancy. And if possible, the ability to toggle the racks on and off of the lab?

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

With an empty dome, are there attachment nodes inside that allow for internal construction? 

It's just surface attachable throughout.

2 hours ago, lemon cup said:

Hey @Nertea I think the new SSPXR textures and parts are phenomenal. I know your general thoughts about user requests but I figured I’d throw this one out as it seems like it would be a pretty light addition using assets you’ve already got.

Would it be possible to include the external stowage racks from the 5m lab as a standalone part? Simply a structural component, nothing fancy. And if possible, the ability to toggle the racks on and off of the lab?

This would significantly degrade the uniqueness of the lab. 

10 minutes ago, Nertea said:

This would significantly degrade the uniqueness of the lab. 

Okay fair enough. I just really like the model and wish some sort of part with a similar looking lattice design was available for general station stowage, other than stock structural panels. 

Though I’m sure that sentiment could apply to literally any of the art from any of your other mods, so I can understand why you don’t want to start piecing out models.

Same size as it appears on the lab, essentially if you were to just take the rack and remove it from the lab (yes I know this is a gross oversimplification of what the process  entails but I mean for visualization purposes only).

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

That's understandable. This part has great design and potential, so I was suprised this was a 'bonus' part. Also sad that there is not very much things that you could stick into this dome (from any mods).

19 minutes ago, MrFancyPL said:

That's understandable. This part has great design and potential, so I was suprised this was a 'bonus' part. Also sad that there is not very much things that you could stick into this dome (from any mods).

you can make a campfire in there, @Spaceman.Spiff made a great one!

34 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

you can make a campfire in there, @Spaceman.Spiff made a great one!

Links please?  

I was thinking of exercises or even trees.  Ideally i would have habitat parts,  but it is probably a little small for that.  Simply being able to walk around without helmet off would be a big bonus!  But that would require some additional coding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.