Jump to content

[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow


Nertea
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

there are 2 SSPXr 5m-3.75m adapters, a long one, and a short one

In the current ssprx stable branch or in the new WIP-branch? If in the stable branch, i must have overlooked them (you don't know the name of the part to search for?) :wink:. Currently not on the computer. 

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rakete said:

In the current ssprx stable branch or in the new WIP-branch? If in the stable branch, i must have overlooked them (you don't know the name of the part to search for?) :wink:. Currently not on the computer. 

2-0-0 branch. That is where all the new stuff has been for weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spaceman.Spiff said:

2-0-0 branch. That is where all the new stuff has been for weeks. 

Then I'm looking forward to the stable release. Great things on the horizon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously you can't expect everything to work right on pre-releases, but I notice the lights don't turn on on the PXL-E Mercury Centrifuge. Is that just a known thing with the prerelease, or could there be something I did wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 4:33 PM, ForgiLaGeord said:

Obviously you can't expect everything to work right on pre-releases, but I notice the lights don't turn on on the PXL-E Mercury Centrifuge. Is that just a known thing with the prerelease, or could there be something I did wrong?

It'll be fixed for next iteration.

unknown.png?width=1878&height=1340

I need to retire now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

It'll be fixed for next iteration.

unknown.png?width=1878&height=1340

I need to retire now. 

That perspective is confusing the heck out of me! I still don't understand why 3D modeling programs default to an oblique projection. Amazing work though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

That perspective is confusing the heck out of me!

I don't think it's the perspective – it looks like some parts of the model are overlapping others in a seemingly impossible manner. (Seems to be a characteristic of IVA modelling.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

That perspective is confusing the heck out of me! I still don't understand why 3D modeling programs default to an oblique projection. Amazing work though!

Hehe yeah. This is actually in Unity, where I find it easier to look at these inside out IVA views in ortho mode. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last push added internal frames to the centrifuge and two domes, fixed some bugs, and started cleaning up things like kerbal cameras and clickable windows.

Not going to lie, really disliking this project right now, and still a ton to do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nertea said:

Not going to lie, really disliking this project right now, and still a ton to do.

If you're not vibing with it, then take a break. Simple as. You've given so much to the community already, you definitely deserve to give yourself a rest from time to time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe just add 1.12 compatibility to the existing main SSPXr stable branch and delay the release of the big update with the new parts, if the design of big update with alle the bells & whistles is not fun right now. Don't do things, that wear you out. 

You have given so much already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would it be worth just releasing the 1.875m parts and put off finishing the 5m parts until you want to work on them again? IMO giving SSPXr 1.12 compatibility and the 1.875m parts(which seem to be pretty much done and ready to go unless I’m missing something) is easily enough to justify an update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Would it be worth just releasing the 1.875m parts and put off finishing the 5m parts until you want to work on them again? IMO giving SSPXr 1.12 compatibility and the 1.875m parts(which seem to be pretty much done and ready to go unless I’m missing something) is easily enough to justify an update. 

Unfortunately there's still a fair bit of work to do there. Some parts have not been revamped (maybe 3 or 4), I need to build the two 1.875m base frames, and I have not done any of the docking port rotation work that needs to be done to ensure full 1.12 compatibility.

Edited by Nertea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any chance you can make RCS thrusters attached to the Spectra utility module fire uncontrollably after docking until all monoprop is expended?

It would be a nice realistic touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Any chance you can make RCS thrusters attached to the Spectra utility module fire uncontrollably after docking until all monoprop is expended?

It would be a nice realistic touch.

Possibly it would, but Nertea may also decide to wait 17 years for the next release.

Peace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 11:21 PM, Nertea said:

Unfortunately there's still a fair bit of work to do there. Some parts have not been revamped (maybe 3 or 4), I need to build the two 1.875m base frames, and I have not done any of the docking port rotation work that needs to be done to ensure full 1.12 compatibility.

Personally, you should just finish the 2 1.875m base frames and the docking ports (also I thought that was already fixed on restock or is there a new 1.875m docking port I didn't see?) Then release it for 1.12.2 and go relax! You definitely deserve it. ;)

Edited by funnelton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...