[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

9 hours ago, Nertea said:

This fix is embryonic and in my opinion should be built into a community fix pack, I will monitor and see what happens. 

Pausible approach. Just wanted to give you a hint, that there is interessting stuff going on around the docking ports, that might be of interest for you. Maybe this fix thing will not live long anyway, depending on what Squad will or will not do to stock. Upon this issue the situation is more than foggy to me at the moment.

[Offtopic]Anyway, I'm kinda surprised, that fixes are deployed by use of mods by KSP devs... strange things going on. :confused: Somehow it's unclear how the KSP basegame minor update strategy really looks like in the weeks (?) and months ahead. Especially with this mod fix things from official KSP Team members... this is confusing.  [/offtopic]

Is there a community fix pack already? Seems to be a great idea for when squad finally abandons ksp 1.

Have had a look at the 2.0.0 SSPXr WIP branch. Amazing. Really looking forward to the stable version to be applied to my mainsave at some point in the future. The new models are... mindblowing! Can't say how much i am impressed.

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Seems to be very... to quote Nertea: Embryonic. 

Looked up, what fixes are in there... could be a start of something, but at the moment... naaah... the one "fixed" relevant bug is "copied" code from Jplrepo without asking... mhhh. I will watch what this thing will become - if it grows or dies.

@NerteaSome bugs I've noticed:

-The doors on the PPD-TRUSS and PPD-TRUSS-S modules are permanently open and cannot be closed

-This might be intentional, but the 5m observation dome has no command ability. Feels kind of strange for the 1.25, 1.875, 2.5 and 3.75 cupolas to have command ability but not the 5m one, especially considering the IVA has full piloting instruments.

-The PPD-24 Panorama Observation Module lights do not correctly turn from blue to yellow when enabled, being a weird combination of the two

-Most of the 3.75m parts' hatches do not turn from white to grey when selecting a metal exterior.

-The 1.25m airlock is missing its IVA

Edited by coyotesfrontier

Latest push added internal for centrifuge. Some parts of it suck but it's what you're getting. 

This makes things pretty much feature complete. If you have screenshots you want to share for an update album, you can post them!

23 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

-The doors on the PPD-TRUSS and PPD-TRUSS-S modules are permanently open and cannot be closed

-This might be intentional, but the 5m observation dome has no command ability. Feels kind of strange for the 1.25, 1.875, 2.5 and 3.75 cupolas to have command ability but not the 5m one, especially considering the IVA has full piloting instruments.

-The PPD-24 Panorama Observation Module lights do not correctly turn from blue to yellow when enabled, being a weird combination of the two

-Most of the 3.75m parts' hatches do not turn from white to grey when selecting a metal exterior.

-The 1.25m airlock is missing its IVA

Should all be fixed. 

On 8/8/2021 at 10:36 AM, Rakete said:

Looked up, what fixes are in there... could be a start of something, but at the moment... naaah... the one "fixed" relevant bug is "copied" code from Jplrepo without asking... mhhh. I will watch what this thing will become - if it grows or dies.

I'd argue that the inventory fix and the part cost fix are very critical too. Regardless, patching the stock module is the 'correct' way to do it IMO. 

Edited by Nertea

I will not talk about 1.875 and 5 meter parts - they will say a lot about them without me.

I was pleasantly surprised by the renewal of cargo parts (very nice! I use them often), greenhouses, and in general old parts.
They already seemed a little old-fashioned.
I will not hide, until the end I believed in updating the geometry of the service compartments PPD-TRUSS and PTD-C. But if you didn’t do it, then you didn’t do it.

(No, this is not a criticism, not a request to redo it, just a thought out loud. I hope it doesn’t work like it did last time)

I've finished RU localization of the new parts.  Dunno why it was so tiresome I almost forced myself to do this. Best Nert's project to translate so far was FFT but still i've managed to do this. Have fun playing on russian at release!

On 7/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, Nertea said:

Not going to lie, really disliking this project right now, and still a ton to do. 

4 days before my deadline, enough for one more part :P
(might still try to do the stairs too)

Clearly a complicated relationship! :D

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

4 days before my deadline, enough for one more part :P

unknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.png

(might still try to do the stairs too)

Just one word: AWESOME !

Kerbals are plants, aren't they? Nice place to do some photosynthesis while munching some snacks or fertilizer. :D

Edited by Rakete

2 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

Clearly a complicated relationship! :D

I was really dreading the centrifuge IVA. Now that I'm past that, things are better...

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Are the chairs their own part? 

Nah.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.