Jump to content

[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow


Nertea
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, rocketman525 said:

How do I know when a mod is updated? I never heard of there being a new update to it. 

If you use CKAN to install your mods, you'll see an option to "Add available updates" when new updates are, well, available. If you install manually, you'll have to pay attention to the threads / Spacedock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

@Nertea, I've downloaded the dev repo as usual, but the new parts don't appear to be there once I've loaded the game. Is that intended?

Yeah this happened too, it seems the master version was downloaded, not the dev version. I can't seem to download that version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

@Nertea, I've downloaded the dev repo as usual, but the new parts don't appear to be there once I've loaded the game. Is that intended?

I've encountered that problem downloading alternate branches of other mods on github. Seems to be a global issue with github, however downloading the files that were created / updated in the recent commit has worked for me to get around this issue (though it is rather tedious).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jcking said:

I've encountered that problem downloading alternate branches of other mods on github. Seems to be a global issue with github, however downloading the files that were created / updated in the recent commit has worked for me to get around this issue (though it is rather tedious).

The way I’ve gotten around it is by forking the repository and then making the dev branch the default branch. GH is having an issue where it downloads the default branch no matter which one is open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Somehow i consider making another electrical powered propeller plane (have already done some (solar-only and also fuelcell powered for the climate caring kerbals) ).

Now it's time to do another one: this time with one of these little reactors. That's what the whole Kerbal world waited for: A flying propeller nuke, that should better not crash ... :cool::D So much fun ahead. Thank you, Nertea. Already kinda laughing, when I think of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where does this sadness come from?
Yes, modding KSP1 is gradually pushing B.
But what I saw inspires more optimism.
The materials available on KSP2 show that it is possible that the new KSP will be friendly to models for KSP1. I think that the colossal long-term work of Nertea and the entire community of KSP modders will not be lost, and it may be useful for the new Kerbal - if the authors have the motivation to do this.
Moreover, the creativity of the community still looks muuuuuuuch better than what I saw for KSP2.
Speaking of "new Nerteaa mods for KSP1" ... What new mod can you still want?

Don't panic !!!

Edited by Cochies
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cochies said:

Where does this sadness come from?
Yes, modding KSP1 is gradually pushing B.
But what I saw inspires more optimism.
The materials available on KSP2 show that it is possible? that the new KSP will be friendly to models for KSP1. I think that the colossal long-term work of Nertea and the entire community of KSP modders will not be lost, and it may be useful for the new Kerbal - if the authors have the motivation to do this.
Moreover, the creativity of the community still looks muuuuuuuch better than what I saw for KSP2.
Speaking of "new Nerteaa mods for KSP1" ... What new mod can you still want?

Don't panic !!!

Nertea is also working on the actual KSP 2 now!:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cochies said:

Where does this sadness come from?
Yes, modding KSP1 is gradually pushing B.

Where? Nah, this is the great time for mods, as they have now a stable KSP code base to compile against. No breakage due to KSP updates anymore. No reason for the modders to reserve bugfixing timeslots in their workcycles. Now they can concentrate on new stuff - given that they still want to do stuff in their free time.

 

Ksp2 around the corner? Maybe... maybe not. It got already delayed more than once. So i believe it, when I see it. At the moment i don't have the highest hopes for KSP2. They need to convince me, that KSP2 is better gameplay than my highly modded KSP 1 install.  We'll see, when it drops. KSP 1 might have a much longer life, than we all expect. If KSP2 fails, KSP1 will live almost forever until it's killed by incompatibility with Windows 11, 12, 13... 20... :D.

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Where? Nah, this is the great time for mods, as they have now a stable KSP code base to compile against. No breakage due to KSP updates anymore. No reason for the modders to reserve bugfixing timeslots in their workcycles. Now they can concentrate on new stuff - given that they still want to do stuff in their free time.

 

Ksp2 around the corner? Maybe... maybe not. It got already delayed more than once. So i believe it, when I see it. At the moment i don't have the highest hopes for KSP2. They need to convince me, that KSP2 is better gameplay than my highly modded KSP 1 install.  We'll see, when it drops. KSP 1 might have a much longer life, than we all expect. If KSP2 fails, KSP1 will live almost forever until it's killed by incompatibility with Windows 11, 12, 13... 20... :D.

Where is a slightly wrong question.
A good question is why?
Because no matter how much you like KSP1, she is not a curable patient.
Because many players are waiting for KSP2.
Because there is, if not confidence, but hope.

2022 is coming soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Ksp2 around the corner? Maybe... maybe not. It got already delayed more than once. So i believe it, when I see it. At the moment i don't have the highest hopes for KSP2. They need to convince me, that KSP2 is better gameplay than my highly modded KSP 1 install.  We'll see, when it drops. KSP 1 might have a much longer life, than we all expect. If KSP2 fails, KSP1 will live almost forever until it's killed by incompatibility with Windows 11, 12, 13... 20... :D.

Sounds like what people said when Musk founded SpaceX.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dr.Lxweei said:

Sounds like what people said when Musk founded SpaceX.

Hey, everything in life has to convince me to buy it. I am not the pre-order guy. I watch, if things are good, and than I buy / install etc.  I am not Elon with tons of tons of money and time to spend it. :D (At least somehow I'd like to work for a company like spaceX, since I'm engineer irl, but naaah... don't know if the working conditions for his employees are nice...:D)

Same goes for mods. I hesitated a long long time and played KSP purely vanilla until Waterfall as my first mod convinced me, that Nertea's Mods are goooooooood stuff. So I installed more and more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...