[0.23] World Space 0.5a4

Lovad

Have you had any thoughts on whether or not to model the Black Arrow?

it not hard to make, but need this rocket with a payload capacity of 100 kilo?

But if asking for, I will do

Edited by Lovad

it not hard to make, but need this rocket with a payload capacity of 100 kilo?

But if asking for, I will do

I would like to put in a personal request if I may.

I FREAKING LOVE the apollo parts, and the service module is probably my favorite part in the game, but could you make a fix for the rcs? It fires like it is translating side to side when I try to pitch over. I'm 99.9% sure it isn't something I'm doing wrong (no, I'm not in docking control mode :P), and I've reinstalled a few times just to make sure.

Other than that all I can say is great work.

Edited by Walsht9
Forgot something

Sorry there is no mood to finish the model of the lunar module. By myself I know that if I will sit with that mindset model it is nothing good will come. Yet decided to divert and draw these things as well as good looking blueprints Atlas

Black Arrow + Prospero X-3

4zCiE.jpg

fY0C1.jpg

5lBfc.jpg

Proton M/K stage 1

bdlmX.jpg

I would like to put in a personal request if I may.

I FREAKING LOVE the apollo parts, and the service module is probably my favorite part in the game, but could you make a fix for the rcs? It fires like it is translating side to side when I try to pitch over. I'm 99.9% sure it isn't something I'm doing wrong (no, I'm not in docking control mode :P), and I've reinstalled a few times just to make sure.

Other than that all I can say is great work.

RCS engines are placed on the service module according to Drawings or photographs. What problems do you have with them? We spent many of tests on docking and maneuvering never had a problem. And how would you like so that they were located?

I told you, having RCS fused to SM causes issues. KSP not always bugs out on this, but it does it sometimes.

RCS weirdness on the SM is caused by them being fixed on a stack-mounted part. KSP doesn't quite know what to do with this, they sometimes work, but occasionally, they don't.

Edited by Guest

Sorry there is no mood to finish the model of the lunar module. By myself I know that if I will sit with that mindset model it is nothing good will come. Yet decided to divert and draw these things as well as good looking blueprints Atlas

Black Arrow + Prospero X-3

http://gifok.net/images/2014/03/14/4zCiE.jpg

http://gifok.net/images/2014/03/14/fY0C1.jpg

http://gifok.net/images/2014/03/14/5lBfc.jpg

Proton M/K stage 1

http://gifok.net/images/2014/03/14/bdlmX.jpg

Oh god yes!!!!!

RCS engines are placed on the service module according to Drawings or photographs. What problems do you have with them? We spent many of tests on docking and maneuvering never had a problem. And how would you like so that they were located?

The location of the rcs is fine, but they don't fire quite right. For instance, if I try to pitch forward they fire as if I am trying to translate forward. The service module still pitches forward because the rcs is above the center of mass, but you move laterally quite a bit. Ideally one thruster would fire up, and the opposite thruster would fire down. Right now they both fire forward. I didn't really understand what was going wrong until I looked at it in the VAB using the rcs build aid mod.

I think that if the rcs was it's own separate part that we could place onto the service module the game would automatically fire the rcs correctly.

Squad's ModuleRCS has a bug: it uses the part's transform rather than the RCS thrust transform when computing what to fire and what torque to apply. This means that if your RCS part is stack mounted (i.e. in line with the vessel origin or CoM) it will not work, or at least not work reliably.

You can try turning Fine Mode on (capslock); that seems to help sometimes.

Seriously.. i sat around in major anticipation for this dream come true to be finished for a month, to basically be told your going to leave it half done and move onto something else? Major disappointment..

Lovad, your work with the Saturn V and Apollo spacecraft are superior! I have been using them along with the FASA LEM to simulate Apollo missions and they look simply spectacular together. I go through the whole mission and it looks so awesome and realistic until I get the the end of the mission when the Command Module jettisons the Service Module and those red and blue tanks are revealed. Perhaps you could do a quick re-model to eliminate the tanks and place a nice looking texture behind the CM mount to simulate wires and stuff. The actual thing looks like this... sorry the picture is so big; couldn't find a smaller one like it.

sm_top.jpg

Seriously.. i sat around in major anticipation for this dream come true to be finished for a month, to basically be told your going to leave it half done and move onto something else? Major disappointment..

That's how I felt, I mean how can you make 3/4 of the Apollo missions and just quit on the most important part? Looks like Frizzank and Denny will win the Apollo race.

Are you guys sure Lovad is saying that he's totally giving up on the Apollo recreations? It sounded to me more like he was giving up on the LEM, perhaps because FASA already has a good one. Lovad, anything to say here?

Honestly If he had help he sounds like he would finish it, and FASA did not create the LEM Denny did. I just wanted a mod where I could reproduce the apollo missions without needing two or more mods.

Honestly If he had help he sounds like he would finish it, and FASA did not create the LEM Denny did. I just wanted a mod where I could reproduce the apollo missions without needing two or more mods.

Thats what i am saying man... Basically the most legendary part of the whole US space program, and not a single person has even fully replicated it... either its just the Saturn V, or the LEM, or the CSM. but never a complete Apollo pack.. If i even had the slightest idea of how to do any of this i would spend every free moment i had (which, sadly, is quite alot) making the best Apollo mod i could..

Maybe its like the real Apollo program and we got to wait almost a decade for it to be finished.. =P

Isn't the FASA Lem modeled to a different scale than this mid?

Yes it is...BUT if you head over to the Realism Overhaul thread you can find my FASA RSS/RO configuration which scales the entire FASA to real-life, I believe there is a config for this mod to do the same, if not let me know and I can start it next.

Not sure if anyone has done this yet but made your Apollo CSM package shiny! Also fixed parachutes to avoid being flung into outer space when I deploy them lol :D

Also adapted a shiny KW decoupler to use with CSM engine package so it fits on any 2.5m system. This is now the base for my own Apollo programme with the FASA LEM and Bobcats LEV!

ApolloCSM4_zps40865086.png

ApolloCSM_zps48ae26b0.png

SHINY ENGINE!!!

ApolloCSM2_zps7d0adede.png

ApolloCSM6_zps985715b1.png

LM will, as well as Skylab. Work on the lunar module I have not stopped. Now I have a not enough free time to deal with the mod. As soon as you have more free time certainly will do the lunar module.

LM will, as well as Skylab. Work on the lunar module I have not stopped. Now I have a not enough free time to deal with the mod. As soon as you have more free time certainly will do the lunar module.

This is SO good to hear. This mod is to good to be left half way done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.