[0.23] World Space 0.5a4

Lovad

Not sure if anyone has done this yet but made your Apollo CSM package shiny! Also fixed parachutes to avoid being flung into outer space when I deploy them lol :D

Also adapted a shiny KW decoupler to use with CSM engine package so it fits on any 2.5m system. This is now the base for my own Apollo programme with the FASA LEM and Bobcats LEV!

That looks great. Is this done with the reflective shader plugin? Ive yet to try it. But whatever you did there.. however you did it.. I want it. Lol.

Would you be willing to share the configs for this. I also tried applying real chutes to this and experienced some very weird behavior with the chutes. They are either permanently deployed or when deployed caused the cm to explode off the map.

Ive been trying to repeat the process with no luck. I tried adding the RealChute module to the Apollo chute and that bugged out and model ( deployed chute in the VAB ) and couldn't click on in in action groups. As for the reflection.. I just cant get it to work at all. I have the plugin via the latest version of FASA. And with some reverse engineering copied the module Frizzank used on the CSM tank to the ApolloCMD pod. No luck there either. Im guessing its a module manager thing?

Well after finally getting to actually fly the CSM I found that its docking port is not compatible with Denny's LEM. There a fix for this?

yes use a stock docking port on dennys lem Lovads CM will dock to it.

yes use a stock docking port on dennys lem Lovads CM will dock to it.

I changed the cfg on Dennys docking cone to match the cfg of a standard port. If I remember right there are three "types" in the cfgs for Jr, standard, and large ports. If they match they'll dock.

I changed the cfg on Dennys docking cone to match the cfg of a standard port. If I remember right there are three "types" in the cfgs for Jr, standard, and large ports. If they match they'll dock.

Did you just change the name of the part?

Did you just change the name of the part?

No, I changed the the type of port inside of the FASA docking cone cfg to be the same as Lovads docking port. It'll say something like type 0 or type 1. Once they match the game will know they are compatible.

One quick note though, when the magnetic attraction between the ports is too high I've been having trouble getting them to dock easily. They just wobble around real fast trying to "click." I use the TweakableEverything mod by toadicus to turn the attraction down to around .2

Hope this helps :)

Lovad can I release an update for your Apollo CSM to give it the shiny texture and fix the parachutes with Real Chutes?

Have you gotten permission for this yet? I really want to get realchutes working with it as now the force of the parachutes opening often snaps them off.

Is this working in .23.5? I need it for going to other planets..... vanilla pats get REALLY annoying and boring. :sticktongue:

EDIT: Downloading now for testing in .23.5. Please don't let this corrupt my game!!! D:

Edited by KyleofKerbin

Any chance that you can make the engines separate parts from the tanks in a future update? having them fixed to the tanks makes adding any sort of other effects like hotrockets impossible because it looks at the tank as a whole as 1 engine rather than 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The nodes on the Apollo parts appear to be misaligned, I can't fully assemble the craft.

Also, when the Kyoko chutes deploy, the craft gets catapaulted onto a solar escape trajectory by some physics glitch.

Is there a fix for these?

EDIT: I can EVA from the Kyoko pod, but I can't get my Kerbals back inside, the hatch appears to be clipped too far inside.

Edited by planeguy868

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.