[WIP] KerbolQuest- Jetpacks Beta

Cheebsta

Weeeeeee... this is fun! Possible bug: the glider seems to react very slowly to control inputs.

That's intended, unless its some sort of input lag

I seem to have a bug with all jetpacks but the Utility one. They all are firing when I launch, and there not on the staging menu.

That's a new one. Have you done any cfg tweaking? Are you sure they aren't on the menu? The vertical pack and rocket pack use the liquid fuel engine icon, the wing and hang glider use a wing icon I believe.

Edited by HoY

That's intended, unless its some sort of input lag

That's a new one. Have you done any cfg tweaking? Are you sure they aren't on the menu? The vertical pack and rocket pack use the liquid fuel engine icon, the wing and hang glider use a wing icon I believe.

No CFG tweaking. Also they are just attached to a pod and decoupler (but they instantly think they are decoupled are something). Only the pod icon shows up.

Uninstall and reinstall the whole thing. Sounds like you have part of it installed in the wrong place. Inside GameData should be the KerbolQuest folder, and inside that should be the jet packs and plugin folders. It's all in its proper place inside the zip in the second post just drag it into the ksp_win folder

Edit;; that steam is the ducted exhaust, which is only made while the jets engine is running, and is activated with the spacebar. Hold the spacebar to use the ducted exhaust system, which lets you kill horizontal speed without leaning the pack retrograde. The wing pack has 2 ducts facing the same direction the kernel is facing, and the rocket pack does it with every axis on the RCS

Edited by HoY

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally got some time to troubleshoot last night. The problem with the jet packs is something to do with the surface attach node decoupler module being incompatible with the Interstellar mod. All the packs work fine with interstellar not installed, and with it installed only the Rocket pack works because its surface attach node is an actual unity defined node for the docking port. There will be a new version posted tonight with surface attach disabled on the remaining 3 packs until Cheebsta returns and can add the nodes in unity.

Again, if you don't have interstellar mod installed the jets and rocket and hand glider are all 0.23 compatible, ill post a separate link in post #2 for people with interstellar installed, until a single version for both can be done properly.

Happy new year everyone :)

http://youtu.be/Aj3J2vm9vug

Update for 0.23 available here: (not updated on spaceport)

KerbolQuest.Jetpack.Beta.0.23.zip

For users with the Interstellar mod installed, use this version (no surface attach node on the 2 Jet packs, only stack nodes)

KerbolQuestKerbolQuest.Jetpack.Beta.0.23.Interstellar Compatible.zip

sweet dude!

• 1 month later...
I made my own jetpack for fun using the plugin from this mod. Does anyone know if there would be any issue if I uploaded my addition as long as I credited the original mod creator?

I think it will be ok :) make sure there's a link to this thread in your readme, and I'd love to see what you've created :)

I have another rocket pack I've been working on but lately I've been bitten by the crypto currency bug and all my time has been going towards that!

Oh no! Coding and I don't get a long very well so hopefully someone could create a plugin like that.

Have to admit, one of my favorite superhero films. Campy but fun. Once I get it all polished, would you maybe like to add it to the pack?

I'll pm you once I'm back from my vacation :)

Also, there's a way to use KAS to make helmets work as it is now. But to hide your EV suit's helmet at the same time you'll need to use our custom seat module in a creative way. I don't have the answer specifically but it might be doable!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Sadly since Razchek has gone the work on the plugin side of this pack hasn't gone any further.

I do hope I am not being difficult, but could you release what was finished, the ability to hold basic items, the earlier jet-pack models, the unfinished control center, Admiral Kerman, the kraken skeleton, these would be real cool to have, I am a very basic programmer and 3d modeler. If possible it would be real cool. You never know, someone else could finish the project :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.