Am I the only one who's creeped out by the Mun?

Odo

Kerbals are from duna. Theres a giant kerbal face there :P a pyramid similar to the pyramids found on kerbin. Kerbin's might be the aliens. Itd explain why they are green. Maybe Duna become unhospitable so they came to Kerbin and destroyed all the humans/first kerbals. THats why theres a curiosity rover stuck in the sand on Duna, yet no one launched it. It was the previous race living on Kerbin. Would also explain why theres not many structures or anything, only a few were able to make it to kerbin, and havent begun civilizing the place.

Theories theories lol

3413 AD

The solar system was invaded by massive green creatures, destroying every landmass of humanities home world with their god like weaponry.

Our vast fleets where flies against there giant, apollo like rockets that are miles long.

They also have meters representing miles, or something close.

And jool is green because they tried to destroy it, but failed.

The worst thing about this thread is that I get the feeling that you are giving the devs ideas....

personally I think a slenderman like thing in KSP would be creepy enough to put me off playing. Just one big nope :P

Don't give the devs any ideas.

I find the real moon creepy but i don't find "Mun" creepy, i think it's because Kerbals carry around with them an aura of cuteness that scary things can't affect, in KSP i find the Mun to be silent and desolate but also gently magical, the real moon however i find somewhat scary yes, all the moon conspiracies i've read can't have helped, but from the day i imagined Michael Collins whizzing around the dark-side i've always felt that a strange feeling of panic or terror is never far away from the stillness of the real moon's surface.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm always freaked out when I send something down to 'land on' Jool. Come to think about it, that happens with Kerbol as well. Maybe I'm just afraid of giant planetary bodies?

Yes, i am quoting an old post.

i am exactly the same way.

There's a line in Apollo 18 that got me. One of the astronauts looks through the porthole at the surface, I think it was at night, and comments something like, "...almost feels like something's staring back."

I am kind of creeped by Eve due to it being the Venus equivalent in the game.

And Venus is just uber creepy to me. It's high pressure, high temperature.... I did a lot of research on the Venus landers but eventually quit because they started to creep me out.

I absolutely love Duna and minmus, they are just so colorful. The same with Kerbin. Those three bodies are all I need in KSP (even though I want to get to every body because of the challenge :P)

As the title suggest, am I?

Whenever Im on the mun I feel really lonely and uncomfortable and have a sudden urge to leave asap. :confused:

I dont have any problems with Duna. Unless its night time and Im parked next to the face. :huh:

You know, in general, I don't. Not usually. But today I landed a flight right on the terminator between night and day. I landed my craft unintentionally right on the rim of a crater and half of it (the half opposite of me) was black with shadows.

Did you see Apollo 18? I suddenly felt an intense creep out settle over me. I got my two Kerbals out, planted the flag and set up for immediate departure. Which was delayed when I had one of my Kerbals fly back to the lander and I overshot... and he bounced off the rim of the crater and started skidding towards the shadows.

It would not have taken much at that point to freak me the **** out.

At OP:

I think that feeling is quite normal and common, just the impression triggering it seems to vary a bit from person to person. For me, it´s stars and vast empty spaces. For that reason, i can not make myself stay for long in programs like celestia (esp. when i keep going towards the edge of the milky way or zoom on to a star) and only had a brief look at space engine. And that´s just sitting in front of a screen. I would have never expected such a strong emotional reaction on my part due to this, had i not tried it. It really makes me wonder who had to bear more stress: The guys landing on the moon, or the ones staying in the orbiter, going around the ´dark´ side with no radio contact.

There's a line in Apollo 18 that got me. One of the astronauts looks through the porthole at the surface, I think it was at night, and comments something like, "...almost feels like something's staring back."

Just made this. You can see the quote I'm talking about at 0:54.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hUcTKpl_w

Edited by Dizzle

Kerbin is quite creepy to were are all the kerbals???

I've come to the conclusion that Kerbals aren't native to Kerbin. After all, they have to wear space suits when they go outside even there. Given the costs of space travel, it's therefore not surprising that there aren't many Kerbals on Kerbin.

Kerbin is probably a giant supercomputer trying to figure out why 42 is the ultimate answer. Kerbals appear (probably spawned from the nearby monolith) from time to time as needed by subroutine calls.

I've come to the conclusion that Kerbals aren't native to Kerbin. After all, they have to wear space suits when they go outside even there. Given the costs of space travel, it's therefore not surprising that there aren't many Kerbals on Kerbin.

Kerbin is probably a giant supercomputer trying to figure out why 42 is the ultimate answer. Kerbals appear (probably spawned from the nearby monolith) from time to time as needed by subroutine calls.

They live underground......?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.