Forum feature highlight: the reputation system

KasperVld

• 1 month later...
How many people do I have to spread rep around before I can rep the same again?

Unfortantly Rep is not ernt by Reping others, that would be a silly system :P

How many people do I have to spread rep around before I can rep the same again?

10. :)

Unfortantly Rep is not ernt by Reping others, that would be a silly system :P

He was asking how many people he had to rep before the "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to this user again!" message would go away for a user he wants to give more rep to. :)

You can rep a maximum of 10 times per 24 hours. You only have to spread it around to a few users (3 or 4 IIRC) before being able to rep the same person again.

Wait really? I thought for sure it was 10 for the same user. Hmm. (Plus I tried giving rep to someone after 8 others and it still said I had to spread some..)

Wait really? I thought for sure it was 10 for the same user. Hmm. (Plus I tried giving rep to someone after 8 others and it still said I had to spread some..)

Have to ask a forum admin about that, though Red Iron Crown has the most rep it doesn't mean he knows everything about the system. I think it's closer to six personally :P though I don't hand out rep like candy.

Have to ask a forum admin about that, though Red Iron Crown has the most rep it doesn't mean he knows everything about the system. I think it's closer to six personally :P though I don't hand out rep like candy.

I believe the correct answer is five. Or another way of seeing it: if you look in your 'settings' window it will display the last five posts/people to whom you have given rep. You cannot give any of those people rep again, but I believe you can give it to anyone else (unless you have hit the 24 hour limit)

And I guess I do hand out rep like I hand out candy (Halloween excepted): as a treat to make people happy, but only at appropriate times and for appropriate behaviors, and never so much that it will make someone sick :D

Oh.... OK... I was confused, I thought I got my next bar at 200, but it's not until 250. No wonder I'm still drawing blueprints... lol..

Actually you do get a third bar at 200. It's every 100 points until you get to 500. After that it's every 200 points. :)

Actually you do get a third bar at 200. It's every 100 points until you get to 500. After that it's every 200 points. :)

Oh I see, I didn't read the OP close enough... the bar thing is in hundreds, but the mouse-over comment isn't... confusion solved, thank!

• 1 month later...