Journey to Sentar: Other Worlds

Mr Shifty

Will this mod allow us to make our own planets easy?

Also how about neptune analog and uranus analog but no axial tilt

Tell us in the thread when its released. And a few questions is erin the titan analog because it looks like Laythe and in the map view what are those scattered little planets

near eeloo

Because iv been to every single planet and moon I'm bored of Jool I'm dieing for this mod

Also tell him to make a charon analog for eeloo that would make my day

Edited by Dooz

Can't wait for this.

I hope you'll be able to make your own planets too (make copies of existing ones, change mass/radius/SoI etc).

Also if requests are possible, I would love to see a non-spherical planet rotating quickly with a large equatorial bulge like Haumea.

Also if requests are possible, I would love to see a non-spherical planet rotating quickly with a large equatorial bulge like Haumea.

Oh no, you want MESKLIN, from Hal Clement's all-time classic book Mission of Gravity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesklin

For them as can't be bothered to read all that, Mesklin is a rocky planet with a mass of about 17-18 Jupiters, but which spins so fast that it's days are only about 15 minutes long. This makes almost disc-shaped. The high orbital speed of the surface at the equator makes the gravity there only about 3 Gs, whereas it's about 275 Gs near the poles. Methane oceans, highly eccentric orbit. Yummy :)

Edited by Geschosskopf

Omg this is awesome, i though krag had retired completely from ksp and modding. I'm very happy to see that work is still in progress! Awesome mod and when released, i WILL download it. Btw could it be possible to make like a moon that has been hit by another planet and has a huge piece out of it? And if possible, could you consider(if you're even making it) naming it knoef. Keep up the good work guys! I'll be sure to check this tread out more often. Good luck!

Edited by panzerknoef
Spelling error

I can see theres alot of planets he made all these By him self? If its that easy he made a copy and paste code

Yes he made them all by himself, but no it's not copy-pasting nor easy. Making planets requires some real modding skills to do!

Question for the modder, do you make those planets in a 3d design program (like 3ds max) or do you have to design them right into unity or even create them by codes and so on?

Erin looks a bit like a Laythe ripoff i suggest if its a titan analog make the seas eve seas and terrain to a reddish sand with a red atmospheric haze

Titan doesn't have a red atmosphere, more like yellowish and foggy, lakes are liquid methane, no idea what colour that is but a titan-like moon sound awesome to include in the mod and not erin wich does look alot like laythe but is nice aswell

Edited by panzerknoef

Titan doesn't have a red atmosphere, more like yellowish and foggy, lakes are liquid methane, no idea what colour that is but a titan-like moon sound awesome to include in the mod and not erin wich does look alot like laythe but is nice aswell

No no no no no no You Know how Eve is the Venus Analog Its Purple I thought of it being red to make it More KerbalIsh

Yeah that does sound kinda legit but why not greenish! A recent false colour mosaic of titan (http://imgur.com/ULwuiQs) makes it look really awesome!! Something like this would be whicked in my opinion. Red is cool aswell but we already have Duna right. I know jool is green but since landing on it is impossible a rocky planet with greenish atmosphere sound awesome to me! Any thoughts about this?

Update: progress is still being made on the mod. I think we're down to the last couple issues. Sorry it's been so slow folks.

- I don't believe there will be any biomes on the new celestial bodies.

- The planets have all been re-worked since the screenshots upthread were taken, and one or two new ones added.

- All the new planets except one are out past the orbit of Eeloo, so the mod changes the time-warp settings so that each step adds a x10 (no x5 or x50), so you can warp at up to x10,000,000. Otherwise it would take hours at max warp to reach the outer worlds.

- Some of these worlds are going to be very challenging to reach and/or land on. We're really curious to see how the community rises to the challenge.

- Don't expect any environments that are radically different than the stock ones. (Aren't rings enough?) But all of them have either an orbital or landscape feature that makes them unique and interesting. The views, particularly in the Sentar system, can be spectacular.

So we can expect this to go public soon?(I've been waiting since astronautkPhillips was in charge)

I remember back then. Once they gave the project to Kragrethea then people started claiming Kragrethea STOLE the code.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.