If you could go anywhere in the solar system where would you go?

dharak1

Of course there are a few things like guaranteed return and no radiation. I just thought it would be fun to see where people want to go! I couldn't do a poll because there are hundreds of things in the solar system. I would personally go to Titan.

Io, Triton or Titan. Can't make up my mind. The first two are actually active and something happens there on a daily basis.

Io would be freakishly scary. Huge Jupiter in the sky would be the worst thing. I'm ok with lava, though.

Titan would be cool because of the hydrocarbon oceans, but if I can't deal with Earth's watery oceans, I sure wouldn't go for a swim in fuc*ing petrol under a gloomy orange sky. It's like one of my nightmares.

Swimming on Titan would be the most horrifying things ever to happen. Especially in a spacesuit. Restricted movement slow reactions and the fact if you are alone you would probably drown and sink until you ran out of oxygen. At the bottom of a -270c lake with no waves under a dark orange sky.

Well... it would largely depend on the duration of travel and so.

If it is just for 1 week or so, with near instanteneous travel, I say Enceladus too.

Because gaysers 10x times the size of Everest and Saturn nearby with DEM RINGS.

However if it is for 10 years or something including travel time. Yeah... I think I will pick Hawaii too. :P

To be honest I think this is a good Question. There are many places in the Solar System I would like to go to. Like Titan, Europa, Enceladus, Triton, Miranda, Mars, and my personal favorite Venus. The problem is that there is so much to learn from in our solar system, and just in general cool places and environments.

Io, Triton or Titan. Can't make up my mind. The first two are actually active and something happens there on a daily basis.

Io would be freakishly scary. Huge Jupiter in the sky would be the worst thing. I'm ok with lava, though.

Titan would be cool because of the hydrocarbon oceans, but if I can't deal with Earth's watery oceans, I sure wouldn't go for a swim in fuc*ing petrol under a gloomy orange sky. It's like one of my nightmares.

Io would be great, as I love lava too. But you would be bathed in radiation.

Enceladus would be far better than Europa concerning radiation and ocean access. You would have to drill through a few kilometers of ice on Europa. But, I think it may be a better location in the oceans than on Enceladus.

Edited by mdatspace

1) Diving in Europa's oceans

2) See the geyers on Enceladus

3) Liquid hydrocarbon skiing on Titan

4) Blimp ride on Titan

5) Spelunking on Mars- if you don't know what I'm talking about, see these-

Martian-Cave.jpg

mars-cave.jpg

We've found more than just those, too.

Anyway, those would be on my "bucket list" if we had cheap tourism to the solar system bodies.

All depends on duration.

A few hours? Europa, Io, Near the surface of the sun, Venus, somewhere extreme but since your'e gurenteeing survival... TAKE PICTurES AND UPLOAD ALL THE THINGS! :cool:

If it were long duration. Mars. Definitely mars.

If it were Extremely Long duration: Hawaii :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.