The changing face of Squad and KSP

stargazer1235

KSP is a maturing game, in a month or so it will be 3 years old, two of those years have been available to the public. It has been six months since the forum blackout and when Damion left the community, now I know that in all that time is expected that people will come and go like Moderators and Devs but I have a recently noticed that there has been some people coming and going without any official annocment from Squad to the community. Novasilisko's account got downgraded to a normal account for many months and just recently Captain Skunky's account got downgraded, all without any annocment. On top of that there are many new faces on the development team as well as the moderation team.

Would be kind of nice to know who we should appreciate for making this great game.

Edited by stargazer1235
Spelt Squad wrong Sorry :-(

I can't argue with that - then again, there will always be turnover, especially in 3 years' time, DOUBLY especially on an indie game where there may be differences of creative vision.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new "who's who", though.

ssshhhhhhh........ please dont interrupt their development time, we dont want them distracted from .22 do we? Why make them announce anything about who works at squad, they have had enough drama I am sure and having to deal with any past drama by announcing it is counter productive. I think they have enough on their plates to worry about at this point. :cool:

ssshhhhhhh........ please dont interrupt their development time, we dont want them distracted from .22 do we? Why make them announce anything about who works at squad, they have had enough drama I am sure and having to deal with any past drama by announcing it is counter productive. I think they have enough on their plates to worry about at this point. :cool:

Ideally that kind of stuff is not handled by the core dev team, but by community management people. Which keep getting fired. :D

It was because of the massive DLC fiasco. I didn't know him, but any fallout from that is unfortunate as always.

Really? I don't recall ever hearing an official reason (and I don't recall DLC/Expansion thing being on him), but I'd like to know why he left, if it's been disclosed and there's an official source.

KSP is a maturing game, in a month or so it will be 3 years old, two of those years have been available to the public. It has been six months since the forum blackout and when Damion left the community, now I know that in all that time is expected that people will come and go like Moderators and Devs but I have a recently noticed that there has been some people coming and going without any official annocment from Squad to the community. Novasilisko's account got downgraded to a normal account for many months and just recently Captain Skunky's account got downgraded, all without any annocment. On top of that there are many new faces on the development team as well as the moderation team.

Would be kind of nice to know who we should appreciate for making this great game.

Squad doesn't usually make detailed announcements regarding changes in staff, because they respect the privacy of their employees. I might make a post about the organisation of the moderation team soon but to my knowledge no-one has been fired from it, though some people left due to various reasons (again, privacy) often leading to them not having the time to moderate anymore or losing interest in moderating. In the case of Nova an announcement was indeed made in HarvesteR's blog post about the developer team. His status is that of developer on leave.

Really? I don't recall ever hearing an official reason (and I don't recall DLC/Expansion thing being on him), but I'd like to know why he left, if it's been disclosed and there's an official source.

At the moment the game isn't even released yet. Squad has no set plans for DLC / expansion packs and discussion about them is futile at the moment.

• 1 month later...
I'm mostly wondering about PD and Skunky... I saw a link someone posted for a vid about PD, but it was blocked from me (And most likely other members). Wanting to know what's going on is sorta one of my weaknesses.. gr...

PD was released from Squad due to some staffing/position changes. The video you saw was probably his YouTube explanation on the situation, which happened around two months or so ago (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong). Why it would be blocked I don't really know. He was respectful of Squad in the video (if my memory serves me correctly), which would give them no reason to hide it.

EDIT: Necro-posting for the win :D

PD was released from Squad due to some staffing/position changes. The video you saw was probably his YouTube explanation on the situation, which happened around two months or so ago (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong). Why it would be blocked I don't really know. He was respectful of Squad in the video (if my memory serves me correctly), which would give them no reason to hide it.

EDIT: Necro-posting for the win :D

He made another video later where he basically said he felt betrayed and lied to. I believe he removed that video a day or two later though.

He also stopped doing let's plays of KSP due to this.

What about Captain Skunky? I havnt seen him around the forums in a little while (maybe not looking in the right places). Where'd he go?

The only thing I know is that he is no longer with the company.. Rumours says it that he was fired as well...

Hey guys, we've had a few changes in the roster as of late. It is company policy and professional courtesy to not disclose this sort of things. The entire active team Squad team will be coming to the Mexico City HQ for Kerbalkon, but the About page on our site is currently accurate on who is and isn't involved in the project. On the particular circumstance of Claira, she is a remarkably helpful part of the team, but her actual working time is limited due to her obligations as a student.

I think thats a very fair point. Its hard to understand that we're not a big club. Squad is a business and we are its customers. I feel very well-treated by Squad and still enjoy my time (read: hours) on the KSP forums, despite the changes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.