[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

I like this lights, but will they get an update for 0.23.5 ?

Maybe with the new stock light controls UI.

And someone tested it already for 0.23.5 ?

I was just testing it and if you don't have the plugin installed or if you remove the ModuleKrLightColor modules from the configs, the lights work with the new stock color tweakables. The stock controls do not work when the module for the old gui is loaded.

I just used a little ModuleManger config to test it out without editing the orginal part files.

@PART[SIL02*]
{
!MODULE[ModuleKrLightColor] {}
}

It may be something to do with node sizes also. Stock KSP has changed the way stacked nodes connect. The larger the node, the tougher the joint.

Edit: oops, I've responded to a very old post. Probably doesn't apply.

I was just testing it and if you don't have the plugin installed or if you remove the ModuleKrLightColor

Yes, this method also works, but you lose the ability to create and save presets, and emissive materials never change depending on light color and intensity, which is just sad :(.

Which is why I recommend using the VNG plugin like in the past.

Alexustas you need to change your stack node sizes to 2 to take advantage of the new connection nodes.

All 2.5m should be 2, 3.75m parts should be 3 and so on.

I've always wondered why these parts were so flimsy in the previous KSP version, and this is why. They're sized like a 1.25m part

Alexustas you need to change your stack node sizes to 2 to take advantage of the new connection nodes.

All 2.5m should be 2, 3.75m parts should be 3 and so on.

I've always wondered why these parts were so flimsy in the previous KSP version, and this is why. They're sized like a 1.25m part

Thanks, I’ll fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

GREAT mod indeed but I've a question: is it possible to make it work with the stock Illuminators MK1 & MK2 ? I'm using this mod a lot because I like my ships to have a kind of "color code" (f.e. blue for science modules, red for docking ports, pale green for satellites and scanners etc). But the fact is that I don't want to use only the ASET Lights Rings but also the Illuminators because of their "spot" capabilities.

For sure I can define them in the VAB but I'd like to have the opportunity to change them after the launch the same way than the ASET parts.

I've been trying a lot to work around with the Module Manager mod (which is a great one too and allows me, with a simple config file, f.e. to share/balance ressources such as Kethane, Ore, Metal and RocketParts coming from the Kethane and Extraplanetary Launchpads respectively in conjunction with the Godspeed Pump mod, which are great too) ... with no success :(

Yes I can have the Color Picker menu etc but that does not impact the light color of the Illuminators. Any clue ?

LKS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I am expecting to make a maintenance update after 0.24 comes out, and after some testing, it can be officially released.

So, what's the word on that update? No pressure, just curious.

EDIT: Oh, just realized. I bet your waiting on Vanguard.

• 2 weeks later...

I love these lights but don't use them on as many crafts / stations as I would like due to brightness. If an update is in the works could I humbly suggest a brightness control... either that or someone tell me I'm an idiot and this is already adjustable :)

Oh, and another thing Alex, stop working on awesome mods like this and ALCOR and PRC so you can get your other AWESOME mod Konquest to release! :wink:

Edited by maxrsp
typo

• 1 month later...
I love these lights but don't use them on as many crafts / stations as I would like due to brightness. If an update is in the works could I humbly suggest a brightness control... either that or someone tell me I'm an idiot and this is already adjustable :)

It's adjustable, but not as a single value. Each of the red, green, and blue sliders control brightness for those colors.

For my space stations I usually set all three colors to about 0.2, and that's pretty good for ambient lighting--just enough so I can see during EVAs, but not so much that it's glaringly bright.

Hey, did anyone make a CLS file for the DockBRIGHT welds? If not, I just did:

@PART[dockBRIGHT]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTjr]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTsr]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

You can grab the file from here. Just drop it anywhere in your GameData folder--I tend to keep it in GameData/ConnectedLivingSpaces/Plugins/ with the others but that's your choice. After that, your DockBRIGHTs will work just like stock ports in CLS.

It's adjustable, but not as a single value. Each of the red, green, and blue sliders control brightness for those colors.

For my space stations I usually set all three colors to about 0.2, and that's pretty good for ambient lighting--just enough so I can see during EVAs, but not so much that it's glaringly bright.

DOH! Thanks!

Ships that have parts attached on either side of the lights oscillate crazily through the light. Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: Found my issue:

I had added tweakscale to them via ModuleManager, and there was a pre-existing node somewhere in an old unnoticed config file that reduced these lights mass. When I tweakscaled a light one size down, its mass dropped below .001, which I know from previous experience makes the physics engine do weird things (I guess masses below that limit get rounded to 0 or something...).

Edited by ABZB

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, did anyone make a CLS file for the DockBRIGHT welds? If not, I just did:

@PART[dockBRIGHT]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTjr]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTsr]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

You can grab the file from here. Just drop it anywhere in your GameData folder--I tend to keep it in GameData/ConnectedLivingSpaces/Plugins/ with the others but that's your choice. After that, your DockBRIGHTs will work just like stock ports in CLS.

Cool! Would you please post this on CLS thread also, to make it possibly shipped with next release of CLS? Good things worth spread should be spread :D

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.