[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somehow never saw this part. Decided to fix it for .90 Still works great. Here's how to do it yourself.

Grab the current Vanguard Technologies dll from its thread, link in this mods OP is out of date. Install it.

Next go to this mods folder (...\gamedata\ASET\StackInlineLightsRGB) and edit the following two files (open them with notepad, they're just text files):

part02-250bat3000.cfg change line 17 where it references the battery model to read "model=Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-4kBattery/model"

part02-250bat300.cfg change the 4 lines that reference the battery model to read "model=Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-100Battery/model"

That's it, good to go!

Now pardon me, I have to go stick these on EVERYTHING. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Somehow never saw this part. Decided to fix it for .90 Still works great. Here's how to do it yourself.

Grab the current Vanguard Technologies dll from its thread, link in this mods OP is out of date. Install it.

Next go to this mods folder (...\gamedata\ASET\StackInlineLightsRGB) and edit the following two files (open them with notepad, they're just text files):

part02-250bat3000.cfg change line 17 where it references the battery model to read "model=Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-4kBattery/model"

part02-250bat300.cfg change the 4 lines that reference the battery model to read "model=Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-100Battery/model"

That's it, good to go!

Now pardon me, I have to go stick these on EVERYTHING. :D

The problem with the part is it doesn't work well with stock lights. They use different lighting code. Inline Lights had color changing before Squad did it, but did it differently.

• 2 months later...
Whats wrong with them ?
The problem with the part is it doesn't work well with stock lights. They use different lighting code. Inline Lights had color changing before Squad did it, but did it differently.
I used to use the dockbright parts but the docking port is no longer showing up can anyone assist

Seems like the mod hasn't been updated since 0.24. From the sounds of things it is not set up to use tweakables and some of the parts don't show in the editor. Links are out of date in the OP. A CKAN entry would be nice too.

Now that the author has some spare time it seems as though it may get some love again so I was posting to show them that this mod is still loved and an update would be welcome.

You don't have to use twewakables with the Vanguard plugin there you can change the color in flight will look at the docking ports bet there looking at the wrong path.

EDIT- Here is a fix for the docking ports with lights just renamed the paths https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/ASET_DockingPorts.zip

Edited by Mecripp2

• 2 weeks later...

VGN is required for full functionality

Out of curiosity, what functionality would we be missing if we don't have the VGN plug-in installed? I looked at the CFG file(s) and compared them to the stock spotlights. The module call for basic lights look essentially the same. The only difference I see is the extra call for the VGN plugin module. With 0.90 (and I guess 1.0 soon) offering built-in colored lighting via the right-click tweakables, what's the added benefit of including VGN? (Other than presets, judging from the video. And I guess custom emissives?)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.