[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

yes, that's one of my essentials for KSP, would you mind telling me where to put the patch, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

yes, that's one of my essentials for KSP, would you mind telling me where to put the patch, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for the now triple post

I do not upgrade this mod because I still wait VanguardTechnologies to upgrade. I’ll update it when it’ll happen. Most likely I’ll make a separate variant of the mod that will work on the stock lightning module and make a CKAN integration.

Edited by alexustas

Works mostly fine for me after a few little tweaks to the plugin :P

Os0AUiPl.png

@alexustas: I think there's something different wrt 0.90 to 1.0 with the lights' culling masks on the parts. If I don't set them to -1 in the plugin module then the lights will not emit onto the world, only on other parts. Setting that to -1 is why Jeb's bombarded with bright colored light in the IVA in my screenshot, I imagine. I know nothing about Unity's layers, so messing with the culling mask was a wild guess and stab in the dark.

Just finished a little plugin to get some glow on with these in 1.0.2, here: https://github.com/6forty/EmissiveLight

Source, license, plugin, all there. Plugin DLL is in the "build" folder. In part configs, just replace ModuleLight with ModuleEmissiveLight, move emissiveName into that module, and remove the ModuleKrLightColor block. Default colors can be set with lightR/lightG/lightB just like the stock ModuleLight parts. Uses stock tweakables ingame to set light colors, and they've been made visible in flight.

Just finished a little plugin to get some glow on with these in 1.0.2, here: https://github.com/6forty/EmissiveLight

Source, license, plugin, all there. Plugin DLL is in the "build" folder. In part configs, just replace ModuleLight with ModuleEmissiveLight, move emissiveName into that module, and remove the ModuleKrLightColor block. Default colors can be set with lightR/lightG/lightB just like the stock ModuleLight parts. Uses stock tweakables ingame to set light colors, and they've been made visible in flight.

I was unable to get any color change with your module. The lights turn on, but stay white no matter what. here is the changes I made to one of the parts. I then dropped you dll into the same folder to keep it all together.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEmissiveLight
emissiveName = SIL0225DCLS
useAnimationDim = true
lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
lightDimSpeed = 2.5
animationName = SIL0225turnON
resourceAmount = 0.0015
useResources = true
}

I was unable to get any color change with your module. The lights turn on, but stay white no matter what. here is the changes I made to one of the parts. I then dropped you dll into the same folder to keep it all together.

MODULE
{
emissiveName = SIL0225DCLS
useAnimationDim = true
lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
lightDimSpeed = 2.5
resourceAmount = 0.0015
useResources = true
}

Was it spamming null reference exceptions to your log? lightName is missing and emissiveName is wrong, so the code probably choked on itself. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some error handling. Try this for the config:

MODULE
{
lightName = SIL0225DCLS
useAnimationDim = true
lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
lightDimSpeed = 2.5
resourceAmount = 0.0015
useResources = true

emissiveName = light_geo
lightR = 0.8
lightG = 0.85
lightB = 1.0
}

All the fields for the original ModuleLight are left in place, only added the bottom four to it.

Thanks for that

The Bulb mod sort of works, but only on the stack rings not the lighted docking ports, but they don't really connect properly anyway

In case anyone tried the Bulb mod and was wondering why the colour don't change, you have to change the colour then save and load it as a preset.

still hoping for an update on this mod to fix the various issues.

• 2 weeks later...
I do not upgrade this mod because I still wait VanguardTechnologies to upgrade. I’ll update it when it’ll happen. Most likely I’ll make a separate variant of the mod that will work on the stock lightning module and make a CKAN integration.

So you mean it "probably" no longer require Vanguard after the update? I'll wait for that : )

I prefer this than slapping tiny radial lights on my craft.

StackInlineLightsRGB v0.8

Textures converted to DDS

So you mean it "probably" no longer require Vanguard after the update? I'll wait for that : )

I prefer this than slapping tiny radial lights on my craft.

I don't know about the Vanguard dependency, but I'm running Stack Inline Lights without that. The parts themselves won't change color, but the lights do. I'm fine with it!

Thank you so much for the effort, Kolago. Have some rep! :)

All the fields for the original ModuleLight are left in place, only added the bottom four to it.

I didn't notice there is a superb workaround for this mod already. Work fine for me. I don't really mind the culling though, looks like all stock lights in 1.0.2 act the same way. Appreciate your great work and also the dll : )

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this going to be CKAN compatible at some point so I can stop manually installing it?

EDIT: It appears this doesn't work in 1.0, the bottom can not connect to anything. So it is an end point connection only, no longer "in line" because even if you flip it, that means only the top (now bottom) can connect and the other side is useless. I'm not sure what's causing this.

Edited by Vas

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎51‎:‎23‎, Vas said:

Is this going to be CKAN compatible at some point so I can stop manually installing it?

EDIT: It appears this doesn't work in 1.0, the bottom can not connect to anything. So it is an end point connection only, no longer "in line" because even if you flip it, that means only the top (now bottom) can connect and the other side is useless. I'm not sure what's causing this.

This is due to a change in the node behavior from .90 to 1.0.x to fix this open the cfg for the affected part and look for the lines:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.442, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.442, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

And change them to:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.442, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.442, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

The highlighted lines are the direction the node is facing. Invert the bottom one by adding a " - " infront of it.

And likewise if the top node has a " - " infront of it remove it. and poof. node's fixed for 1.0.x compatibility

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.