[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

16 minutes ago, Vas said:

I'd rather wait for the author to update it but, I'm not sure if this will happen.

This mod used Vanguard Technologies Plugin  and pretty much that author has stopped on that plugin so it's like use has is or use the plugin posted here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/47765-090-stack-inline-lights-07-update-07042015/&do=findComment&comment=1923147

• 3 months later...

@alexustas Dunno if you still look at this mod or not (considering your previous comments), but @Why485 over at the SurfaceLight mod made a custom plugin so light emissives reflect the color of the actual light being casted. I've been hoping for an official update to this mod as it made lighting up a vessel (and it surrounding area) stupidly easy. It lowered part counts very well.

I'm hoping the plugin Why485 created is the type of functionality you wanted that Vanguard's originally provided.

(In the meantime, perhaps I'll take a crack at trying to integrate a copy of this mod with that plugin... Though I think I need to mod the configs to account for all the changes since 0.90 to 1.0.5: Thermal, nodes, etc. Help from anyone would be nice to have.)

@StahnAileron So what exactly isnt working with this mod? I'm running v0.8 on 1.0.5, and it seems to work fine...??... Although I dont remember if I had to fix the attachment nodes or not... lol

I've even been using them with TweakScale with no issues

Edited by Stone Blue

v0.8 is unofficial, no?

There was a comment earlier about attachment nodes not working. I know 1.0.x revamped the entire node system for consistency. I also know that while the part work fine for the lighting aspect, alexustas wasn't willing to update unless the Vanguard plugin was updated as well.

But if you say v0.8 works well enough, it would save me some work if I actually try to integrate the SurfaceLight plugin. (At this point, I'm considering just doing a generic MM.cfg to replace ALL stock light modules with that plugin). Otherwise, I would just maybe have to balance things like thermal limits. I'd have to look at other parts to get a rough idea what settings to use though (I'm thinking something like 1200 for thermals; v0.7 used old stock-ish numbers like 3400.) They're lights, so they can't be THAT thermally solid. :P

@StahnAileron Actually StackInline lights was the first mod which changed texture emissive color along with the light color and did it since the beginning.

It doesn't need any updates cause it works in any version of KSP. I use the version without the VanguardTech plugin.

QugrxZU.jpg

I also love the BULB mod by @Alshain, which allows to change the light color in flight it goes with StackInlight lights without any conflict. It's not available since Kerbalstuff went down but I have it in my dropbox if you're interested.

Edited by Enceos

Okay, so I decided to do a modded version starting with v0.7. Removed the extra KR light module node and lowered the max temps to be more stock-ish: Docking ports are 2000, plain lights are 1200/skin2000, and the battery lights are left alone at 1700. I may change the Z-400 one to something like 1400/2000 since it's mostly hollow. The 4k battery light I might change to 1700/2000 later on. (I can see the skin being thermally resistant, but not the internals...)

Also created a generic MM.cfg for the SurfaceLight mod (replaces any instance of the stock ModuleLight on parts that have it.) Figured I might as well do that while I'm at all this.

Tested in KSP: lights aren't works as intended (emissives color doesn't match light color) AND there is a broken attachment node: Bottom node is misconfigured. So previous comments (a couple of pages back) are correct.

I'll probably grab v0.8 later for the DDS textures. Maybe that'll help the emissives...? (The surface light mod had an example that had this mod working with it...)

I'd be willing to offer up my changes in a distro to the community, but I'll have to double check the licensing and permissions first. In the mean time, these are just changes I'm doing for myself.

Back to making changes...

EDIT:

So I got it to work. :D

After going back a few pages in this thread and peeking back at the Surface Light thread, I realize I done goofed: Deleting the Vanguard module node altogether removed the emissivename attribute. Fairly obvious this was probably important to the intended purposes of my changes. So I just had to add that back under the basic light module node (which gets swapped via my MM patch anyway.)

Did run into one issue and that was with the docking ports. They didn't change emissive colors like the rest did after the above change. Realized the problem when I thought about the battery lights that DID work: model call order. The batteries called the stack light model first, then the batteries. The docking ports worked the other way: port called first, then light model. I flipped those around and the emissive work as intended.

So yay! Though now I need to check the DP's and see if they function as ports properly. Model call order mattered for the emissives. I'm hoping the same doesn't apply to the docking port functions...

EDIT2:

Last report: Ports still work like they should. I just made a simple rover to test with. It undocked and re-docked with no problems.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to make a Mk2 profile stack-inline light? :wink:

Edited by StahnAileron
Follow-up content + more follow-up

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

@StahnAileron just wondering if you were going to release your above fix?... I'm still on KSP 1.0.5, and will be for at least a couple more months...So 1.0.5 compatible would be awesome... ;)

You mean the fixes to actually get the lights to attach and function properly/as intended? I guess I could since the licensing allows it. However, the way I have the emissives change color is via a generic, all-mod-affecting MM patch that replaces all instance of ModuleLight with the SurfaceLights plug-in. I didn't do individual MM.cfgs for each part. I could provide that as well if you're willing to put up with a dependency and a game-wide MM patch. (Though I know of other mods that have game-wide patches as well. AtomicAge, CryoEngines, and Mk2Expansion have one patch each, with AtomicAge's and Mk2Expansion's actually being redundant.)

I could do individual configs if you like. Small number of parts and the part names share a common string ("SIL02"), so I technically could make a targeted MM config instead of the generic I'm using.

• 2 months later...
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 0:45 PM, StahnAileron said:

You mean the fixes to actually get the lights to attach and function properly/as intended? I guess I could since the licensing allows it. However, the way I have the emissives change color is via a generic, all-mod-affecting MM patch that replaces all instance of ModuleLight with the SurfaceLights plug-in. I didn't do individual MM.cfgs for each part. I could provide that as well if you're willing to put up with a dependency and a game-wide MM patch. (Though I know of other mods that have game-wide patches as well. AtomicAge, CryoEngines, and Mk2Expansion have one patch each, with AtomicAge's and Mk2Expansion's actually being redundant.)

I could do individual configs if you like. Small number of parts and the part names share a common string ("SIL02"), so I technically could make a targeted MM config instead of the generic I'm using.

I dont think any of us who want this mod pseudo-updated so it'd work with the near and current latest versions of KSP without the Vanguard Plugin really care. As long as it works and provides general color-changeable floodlighting that's good enough for me.

• 3 months later...
On ۱۳۹۵/۱/۲۴ ه‍.ش. at 9:15 PM, StahnAileron said:

I would really appreciate if you patch the whole thing and make a downloadable link for 1.2, i think everyone would be happy

10 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

There are 2 plugins that can be used just what one you want ?

lol Don't make my life hell buddy, I'm new to ksp and adding mods to it, don't even know what are those two plugins, name then so that i can search in my mods folder

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

lol Don't make my life hell buddy, I'm new to ksp and adding mods to it, don't even know what are those two plugins, name then so that i can search in my mods folder

lol  a quick test and if you download https://spacedock.info/mod/552/Bulb  

mod it works now no changes needed the docking ports do have a bug where the lights change inside the docking port but not out so guessing the they would have to run them back through unity but they work and the node bug but think there is a patch for that couple pages back

and there is https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/surface-mounted-stock-alike-lights-for-self

this one would have to write a patch or write the cfgs

Patch below no longer needed

Edited by Mecripp2
added link

6 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

ok, right now i have surface lights (the second option) so how to go for this mod now?

I'll let you be guinea pig https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/StackInlineLightsRGB-v0.9B.zip

Fixed nodes textures to DDS changed maxTemp ,bulkheadProfiles , tags

You will need one of this plugins if you have it already your good to go

https://spacedock.info/mod/552/Bulb

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/surface-mounted-stock-alike-lights-for-self

And see now forgot docking ports and thinking of adding some more sizes

All credit to @alexustas

Edited by Mecripp2

I will happily accept the role of the guinea pig and will test what you gave me already and if it was ok, then we can move forward for the rest of what you have in mind. regarding the sizes, why not just add tweak scale? these days it's a pretty much must have thing. is is about dependency or light intensity?

12 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

I will happily accept the role of the guinea pig and will test what you gave me already and if it was ok, then we can move forward for the rest of what you have in mind. regarding the sizes, why not just add tweak scale? these days it's a pretty much must have thing. is is about dependency or light intensity?

I'm on Linux not sure if thats the problem or not but SurfaceLights mod, I can't get them to change colors not even with there parts ? But Bulb works like a charm if you have same problem with surfaceLights  i can see about making them use bulb and then you can just delete there plugin ?

the surface lights works on my side (windows) maybe you should open an issue on their forum?

Umm --> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/StackInlineLightsRGB-v0.9.zip  <-- only has config?

sir today is the first time i found the mod, i had nothing related to it from past :D can you repatch the whole thing and send it? thanks

Edited by Jiraiyah

15 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

the surface lights works on my side (windows) maybe you should open an issue on their forum?

Umm --> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/StackInlineLightsRGB-v0.9.zip  <-- only has config?

sir today is the first time i found the mod, i had nothing related to it from past :D can you repatch the whole thing and send it? thanks

Did it show 2 light buttons ?

6 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

surface lights? no it shows all four and the color change works. but the link you sent has only the configs, no textures, no models no parts :/

Try this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/StackInlineLightsRGB-v0.9B.zip

EDIT- And did ASET parts show 2 light buttons ?

Edited by Mecripp2

oh yah, it shows two lights and apparently both work in vab but in launch only the second one works !

so if i remove bulb section from the part would it fix the issue? although i don't have bulb installed !

2474c5b20bc64ec08a13419976d2086c.png

GOD DAMN I AM IN LOOOOOVE :D never saw a kerbal's face with any other light than white till now :D another question, if i install both bulb and surface light in game, what would happen? would they interfere with each other or not?

Edited by Jiraiyah

7 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

oh yah, it shows two lights and apparently both work in vab but in launch only the second one works !

so if i remove bulb section from the part would it fix the issue? although i don't have bulb installed !

yes where you see

// Bulb plugin 
	//MODULE                              <------------  here you can delete or // them out like
	//{
	//	name = ModuleLight
	//	lightName = SIL0225DCLS
	//	useAnimationDim = true
	//	lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
	//	lightDimSpeed = 2.5
	//	animationName = SIL0225turnON
	//	resourceAmount = 0.0010
	//	useResources = true
	//}

// Surfacelights plugin
        MODULE
        {
	  name = ModuleColoredLensLight
	  lightName = SIL0225DCLS
	  useAnimationDim = true
	  lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
	  lightDimSpeed = 2.5
	  resourceAmount = 0.02
	  animationName = SIL0225turnON
	  useResources = true
	  lightR = 1.0
	  lightG = 0.9
	  lightB = 0.8
        }

hmm i have a better idea, i will add a little MM patch to choose between different settings will give you the result to test by yourself

O~K this may look dirty but I am not pro in MM patches, can you make it cleaner than this? I first remove both modules from all parts then add them back based on the plugin

Spoiler

@PART[dockBRIGHT]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
    !MODULE[ModuleColoredLensLight] {}
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTjr]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTsr]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}
@PART[SIL020625mRGB]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}
@PART[SIL02125mRGB]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGB]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGBbatt300]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGBbatt3K]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}
@PART[SIL02375mRGB]
{
    !MODULE[ModuleLight] {}
}

@PART[dockBRIGHT]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTjr]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTsr]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[SIL020625mRGB]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[SIL02125mRGB]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGB]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGBbatt300]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGBbatt3K]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}
@PART[SIL02375mRGB]:NEEDS[SurfaceLights]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
          lightName = SIL0225DCLS
          useAnimationDim = true
          lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
          lightDimSpeed = 2.5
          resourceAmount = 0.02
          useResources = true
          lightR = 1.0
          lightG = 0.9
          lightB = 0.8
    }
}

@PART[dockBRIGHT]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTjr]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[dockBRIGHTsr]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[SIL020625mRGB]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[SIL02125mRGB]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGB]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGBbatt300]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[SIL0225mRGBbatt3K]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}
@PART[SIL02375mRGB]:NEEDS[BULB]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleLight
        lightName = SIL0225DCLS
        useAnimationDim = true
        lightBrightenSpeed = 2.5
        lightDimSpeed = 2.5
        resourceAmount = 0.0010
        useResources = true
    }
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.