[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

A.S.E.T. is proud to present

'Stack Inline Light' with full color and brightness setup and in any sizes!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Career Mode supported.

MUST be installed in <Game>/GameData/ASET/

DOWNLOADS:

Regular version:

Dropbox

Mediafire

Required Vanguard Technologies Plugin v 0.7.2

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25305-0-25-Vanguard-Technologies-EVA-parachutes-23!-24!-25!-%28Dec-30%29

TweakScale version:

Dropbox

Mediafire

Required TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 or later)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234-0-90-TweakScale-Rescale-Everything!-%28v1-50-2014-12-24-10-40-UTC%29

Required Vanguard Technologies Plugin v 0.7.2

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25305-0-25-Vanguard-Technologies-EVA-parachutes-23!-24!-25!-%28Dec-30%29

Thanks to Kreuzung for his help!

Compatible with 0.90

Also,

- included 2 samples of welding with Stock battery banks, FOR "StackInlineLightsRGB-v0.6" ONLY

- Lights, welded with stock Docking Ports, by XanderTek

Javascript is disabled. View full album

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88x31.png

"Stack Inline Light (2.5 m)", "Stack Inline Light_ lw (2.5 m)" & "Stack Inline Lights (RGB)" by Alexustas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, leave your comments and suggestions. It is very important to me.

Edited by alexustas

Yep, downloading this tonight when I get home. :) And about 10 minutes after that I will have 3 other resized parts cloned into the config file, for .625, 1.25, and 3.75 meter stacks. :D

Although, if you had plans to offer the other sizes yourself, I wouldn't have to do that... ;)

This is awesome. It might just be me, but I feel like I can never have enough lighting options. I'd love more sci-fi style lights like this one that are both practical and look amazing.

@Neutrinovore, mind posting the resize numbers so I don't have to do a lot of guesswork and experimentation.....

I should be able to do that, unless the dev or anyone else objects. But unless there's something hinky with the scaling of the stock part, all I plan to do is copy the entire text of the file, from "PART {" all the way through to the final "}", and then paste that text back into the config file 3 more times underneath. Then it should just be a matter of changing the "rescaleFactor" for each separate part. And of course the descriptions, giving correct size info, etc. and changing the weights or whatever else should be different. Sometimes the 'rescaleFactor' can be tricky, though. This is a 2.5m part, so if the file says "rescaleFactor = 1", that's easy enough, you should just need to change that number to ".25, .5, and 1.5", individually for each part, of course. But there are lots of exceptions to that 'rule', so it doesn't always work right on the first try, so if you don't feel confident trying it yourself, you'll just need to hang loose until I can get to it. :)

Anyway, I'm at work so I haven't seen the file or anything yet. :) And I might not even DL it tonight, I'm pretty tired. But if no one else gets to it before I do, yeah, I'll post it here. But only after I've checked to be sure it works myself, you understand. :)

Thanks to all!

In my plans full set of Light: 1,25, 2,5 (already done) and 3,75. But i don't want to use simple rescale trick.

The of inner part (with hatch) should remain unchanged, but Only the outer rings diameter is changing.

Edited by alexustas

Thanks to all!

In my plans full set of Light: 1,25, 2,5 (already done) and 3,75. But i don't want to use simple rescale trick.

The of inner part (with hatch) should remain unchanged, but Only the outer rings diameter is changing.

There you go, the dev himself has plans for the other sizes, so I'll let him provide the parts. :) He's right anyway, they'll look better if designed in their 'native' sizes... Wait, what? There's a HATCH in the center?!? I missed that, I need to go back and look at the pics more closely, lol! :D

Wait, what? There's a HATCH in the center?!? I missed that, I need to go back and look at the pics more closely, lol! :D

that's what I call a "hatch" :confused:

mxoBVtr.jpg

MCCKu9fl.jpg

hatch/gateway/gate/bridge...

it does not KSP HATCH as such. no Airlock capabilities! :D just an element of interior design, nonfunctional. it's INLINE part.

for 1.25m

rescaleFactor = 0.50

for 3.75m

rescaleFactor = 1.48

Lol about the hatch thing, yeah, I didn't recognize it as such when I looked at it. :) And I wasn't expecting any kind of actual 'hatch' or EVA functionality, I just hadn't grokked that that was intended to be a hatch in the middle. It wouldn't matter either way, from the pictures this texture is absolutely gorgeous! I hope it isn't too memory intensive, there's been a big movement in the last weeks to severely shrink RAM footprint without affecting the appearance of parts, so I hope you've implemented that concept.

Anyway, gonna download right now. :)

Oh, BTW, if anyone wants a .625 meter part, it would be rescaleFactor = .25, yes?

Later everyone! :D

Um... I love the idea, but could you make it have a much smaller RAM footprint?

originally it was an empty ring, with no internal parts, but it's too boring (( for me

IpoMdNSl.jpg

I decided to make a more realistic design

I tried to keep a minimum number of parts and polygons as I could, without compromising design

Edited by alexustas

Yet KSP can only utilize up to 3.4-3.7 Gb or RAM.

Minimizing invisible in normal usage components and polygons would greatly help.

I would use it, but I suspect it uses quite much RAM for just the one part, and this is due to the nice, albeit useless, presence of internal components.

Could you release a version of just the ring?

Also how about some different colors? - I guess most advanced users can do that themselves too...but still...

And more importantly - can you present an empty ring version with a little more polygons, the jagged edges when put under another stack part make it kinda unpleasant to look at.

Yet KSP can only utilize up to 3.4-3.7 Gb or RAM.

ooh! Yes! I was wrong :confused::confused:

Minimizing invisible in normal usage components and polygons would greatly help.

I would use it, but I suspect it uses quite much RAM for just the one part, and this is due to the nice, albeit useless, presence of internal components.

Could you release a version of just the ring?

Thank you very much for your help!

I will optimize the model. and most likely i will remove the interior details

I guess most advanced users can do that themselves too...but still...

It will be difficult.

the light source and the color configured in the Unity.

And more importantly - can you present an empty ring version with a little more polygons, the jagged edges when put under another stack part make it kinda unpleasant to look at.

Okey:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.