[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

Yes, i agree with smunisto... Please output more sizes of ring only and up the poly count. These are great... also, how would we change the color ???

ok! ok! ok! you win!:D:D

definitely I'll i will remove the interior details

Hmm, I may have inadvertently started something here... Sorry, Alex. :(

But, even though it is - was - a very nice looking texture on the internal portion of the disc, I think most folks here are right, there's not really much point in that part being so pretty because we won't see it anywhere else other than during construction. I don't know that I'd make it totally hollow, though. Maybe just a solid disc with simplified art representing the batteries and wires and such, with a more basic 'hatch' design in the middle, a la the stock KSP designs you referenced before. I also agree about the poly-count issue, this would look a bit better as a true 'circle'. Or at least with more, smaller flats, I'd say at least double the number of sides.

Anyway, I DL'd the first version you posted, and briefly started up the game last night, but I couldn't find the part in the 'Utility' section, or anywhere else. However, I was very tired, so I may have just plain missed it, or perhaps didn't get it installed in the right folder. Either way, don't worry about it, it looks like you'll be releasing a new and simpler version soon anyway, so I'll just wait for that. :)

Later.

Hey! Interesting! Can you pleaaaaase do something for me! I want to see my orbiting satellites from the surface! Perhaps just a very bright light, or an option to make its brightness depend on the sun exposure, like in the solar panel module. That would be awesome,thanks.

Hey! Interesting! Can you pleaaaaase do something for me! I want to see my orbiting satellites from the surface! Perhaps just a very bright light, or an option to make its brightness depend on the sun exposure, like in the solar panel module. That would be awesome,thanks.

You can't view anything from the surface. All objects further than 2km(or 100km with a mod) are unloaded from memory.

Um... I love the idea, but could you make it have a much smaller RAM footprint?

Really? How much RAM could this part take? At most 3 MB, which you'd be hard pressed to be able to identify the usage of in KSP anyhow.

I really like these parts. I hope that you will have time to create for all different sizes, shapes (some strips would be ultra cool) and method of selecting color(s). Very nice job. Thanks.

Thanks, very soon i complete the Base model (2.5 m) and then I'll develop its modifications.

breakingForce = 20
breakingTorque = 20
crashTolerance = 8

which value is better to set?

crashTolerance determines resistance to impact on this part itself, the current value is fine. breakingForce and breakingTorque determine resistance to bending and forces pushing from the side, these are the ones you want to increase. 50 in each would be my guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.