[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

Correction, further research suggests the appropriate value of breakingForce/Torque for 2.5m stack parts is 200.

A factor of 10, that would explain it! I also think it wouldn't hurt to up the crash resistance, I see a lot of 12's. It's not like it's a delicate fuel tank or anything.. it's likely to often be sandwhiched between heavy fuel tanks and thrusters so needs to be built tough. And it does mostly appear to be a ring of metal with the lights tacked on.

Personally I would like pale blue cold color, or the option for pale amber warm light color (mostly white in either case). I would probably never set it to other colors like red but I guess the option is nice. A few preset buttons to click should be good enough, it seems like something you would only set once. Like I would just toggle between amber and blue depending on the looks of things and keep using little nav lights for colors and blinky stuff. It makes a perfect area flood light for lander.

What do you mean by that? The way it currently works it just changes the colour of all lights with a specific name (defined in the config).

Still have to make it work with ModuleLight and ModuleKrAnimation... and I just noticed it doesn't save the colour yet, so I have to fix that as well.

Kreuzung

On the picture you gave, the color of the light changes according to menu parameters, but the texture of the glass itself remains grey, without changing it's color or emissive effects. Is it possible to animate the color together with emissive texture and light color, to get the effect like in the picture below?

CO74bR7.jpg

sPYmfHE.png

I don't take any credit for the window options thing, that was made by Frement

Just a warning, you'll have to rename all GameObjects that use the emissive shader to have the same name (AKA just remove the number at the end of their name). Or merge them into one or whatever. It's just that all lights and all emissives have to have the same name or they will be ignored by my plugin (this is intentional because you could have lights and emissives that serve another purpose in your part).

Now to adjust power consumption based on brightness and add options for flashing lights... Maybe some of you have suggestions as well?

Thank you very much for your help, Kreuzung!

But I have a few questions:

1. How exactly does the colour picker work? Do the values given in the light colour menu directly drive the values of "Emissive Color.r",(g,b,a) of the material assigned to the model? Or does your PartModule somehow mix three separate animations? Similarly, what exactly happens to the light source?

2. So how does it turn on and off?

3. Is it feasible to add three "preset" buttons to quickly select a favourite color from values given in the config file?

Something like this :

Preset1 = 0.1 , 0,2 , 0,8 // R, G, B

Preset2 = 0.8 , 0,2 , 0,1 // R, G, B

Preset3 = 0.1 , 0,8 , 0,2 // R, G, B

to get this:

aVAsTmO.jpg

I anxiously await an opportunity to test this. :)

Mekan1k

Will this, and your other mod, be inserted into the 0.22 tech tree?

to be honest, I have not thought about it yet. but I do not see any problems with this.

the main thing - it is necessary to decide in what place. :)

What are your suggestions?

I'd say somewhere around Advanced and Large Electrics... but unsure about the globe, since it's a rather good part (KAS-enabled, runs for quite long on it's own power, can be placed anywhere to light up everything) it could actually come very late, guess we have to wait for KAS to become integrated into the tree.

Whatever, I haven't actually played through the tech tree, just cheat-unlocked most of it to see where I should place the parachute mod parts... I don't yet have much tech on my main savegame.

I'd say somewhere around Advanced and Large Electrics... but unsure about the globe, since it's a rather good part (KAS-enabled, runs for quite long on it's own power, can be placed anywhere to light up everything) it could actually come very late, guess we have to wait for KAS to become integrated into the tree.

Whatever, I haven't actually played through the tech tree, just cheat-unlocked most of it to see where I should place the parachute mod parts... I don't yet have much tech on my main savegame.

totally agree :)

Mekan1k

at the moment I'm waiting for Kreuzung to finish the module "color chooser". He has almost finished.

When this is done, I will collect a set of different diameters, make models and textures sharing, and will release a full Inline Light kit.

for career mode you may add in config this:

TechRequired = advElectrics

entryCost = 1200

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.