[0.90] Stack Inline Lights 0.7 [update 07/04/2015]]

alexustas

- Full adjustable color and brightness with Presets saving, BIIIIIIG thanks to Kreuzung for his VNG plugin!!

- Available diameters: 0.62, 1.25, 2,50 and 3,75 m

- Careere Mode now supported

- added two samples of welding Lights with Stock batterys

There is a bug, related to all non-stock lights I have seen in KSP.

B9 does this, your mod does it too.

When you have a light on, and you warp - the light bugs off and starts shining on all surroundings.

Even without warp, if you zoom in on your craft and then put on map view - under certain conditions terrain will shine in the color, chosen by the color picker.

And on top of that - when approaching a planet/moon, at a certain distance, sometimes the color of the light flashes on the surface for a fraction of a second.

It shines on planets, moons you are orbiting, it lights up the insides of the cockpits...

I wonder if this is some oversight from mod creators or just some limitation to Unity/KSP?

I have not made screenshots from your mod, but the issue is the same as in B9, where I have posted, but have not received any answer.

Here's a link:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25241-0-22-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c-New-pods-IVAs-engines-fuselages-structures?p=734764&viewfull=1#post734764

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/25241-0-22-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c-New-pods-IVAs-engines-fuselages-structures?p=735724&viewfull=1#post735724

I wonder if this is some oversight from mod creators or just some limitation to Unity/KSP?

It's a KSP bug and limitations with "Omni" type Light Sources ((

To avoid some of this issue, i must replace One Omni Light Source with 8 (or more) Spotlights, but it would ruin the performance

Edited by alexustas

Hi guys, love these parts, great job!

I seem to have only one little bug, the part menu (where you can select lights on and show settings) and the settings itself are a bit weird.

I need to click almost below the button I want to click, else it wont register..

I love the new lights.. but uh is there a way to disable the right-click menu popup in VAB? I keep accidentally bringing the menu up, and right clicking the part again doesn't make the menu go away, have to click the x. but it's click-thru, so have to scroll off somewhere to find a safe place to click. It's actually really annoying.. the KAS bins are easy enough to miss, but the light ring is a big part the whole diameter of the craft, if i'm zoomed in it's actually pretty tough to right click and not get menu'd in the face!

The presets work really well, I don't think it would be such a big deal to hit those at launch..

Or perhaps there could be a separate icon or button in VAB somewhere to mess with them. Like the modular wings you mouse over the part and hit buttons on the keyboard to activate part adjustment.. there could be a menu button. Just right-click is killing me, need that to be cam adjustment only.

Thanks!

The only problem I have is when I am in VAB. When I hold my right mouse button down to move view around in VAB assembling a rocket, if the cursor comes over the stack inline lights part, the GUI comes up. This happens a lot and I have to click it off every time, which isn't a big deal, but when it happens a lot sometimes I miss the X to close it out and I grab a part. Sometimes even hitting the X is a pain because its right on top of a part and have to move around to finally get it.

Very nice mod. I've never really liked the radial lights, they seem to be a bit big, so these parts are a great idea.

I'm using them in the next part of my Eeloo mission. There are four lights here: two under the rover, one on the little lander on the left, and the big one.

stacklights.jpg~original

I agree that the UI can be a little finicky, but otherwise these parts are great. I like that a battery can be incorporated into the lights as well.

Yeah I am getting use to UI, well better at it, lol.

I think the lights in this mod are awesome. The best so far. I still use aviation lights in conjunction.

Very nice mod. I've never really liked the radial lights, they seem to be a bit big, so these parts are a great idea.

I'm using them in the next part of my Eeloo mission. There are four lights here: two under the rover, one on the little lander on the left, and the big one.

stacklights.jpg~original

I agree that the UI can be a little finicky, but otherwise these parts are great. I like that a battery can be incorporated into the lights as well.

Ok, I will use the light action group key instead of the right mouse button in the next version. That way you can still configure lights in the VAB/SPH but won't accidentally do so all the time.

Any other complaints about the UI?

Is there a way to control the brightness or intensity of the lights? Or control how far the light goes? I wanted to use the rings in a lot of locations on a ship but it ends up washing out all the ship with it's brightness.

I've played with the color sliders but they don't seem to scale back the light's strength

Not at the moment. Sometimes one light can be enough or more then enough.

Is there a way to control the brightness or intensity of the lights? Or control how far the light goes? I wanted to use the rings in a lot of locations on a ship but it ends up washing out all the ship with it's brightness.

I've played with the color sliders but they don't seem to scale back the light's strength

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.