[WIP] Bavarian Aerospace: Tubes! (update9|20|14)

onkelsiebdruck

hmm am i the only one that noticed that the newer tubes are harder to use as parts for space stations while the older parts are easier?

What is your issue ?

I have some issue to connect properly two parts basically so this is what I do:

align the VAB view to make the node you want to connect to on le left or right side, the part vertical face should be straight, take your part, align it to make sure the node is pointing on the right direction, and now the node stack snapping should work as expected.

Really these parts need to be completed, they deserve it !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
An update after a long long time.

First I focus on the very old round tubes. And try a different technical approach on them, that might reduce kerbalpain.

And i have in the first post something different for you...

().()

maxresdefault.jpg

Yay your back, i love the emergency bubble :)

The bubble pod is really sooooooo cute :)

However, there are some problems with it:

1. "Deploy RCS" is currently for aesthetic purpose only as it works in any state ))) In this case don't really get the purpose of engine(which is a MP based one).

2. Two almost similar options: "Control From Here" and "Control from Here". Why 2? :) Any difference?

3. Having RPM initializing error spawned into logs.

4. The CoM is somewhat shifted so the pod is not properly pointed to the ground when falling through atmosphere always trying to roll to a side.

Edited by Horus
upd

The bubble pod is really sooooooo cute :)

However, there are some problems with it:

1. "Deploy RCS" is currently for aesthetic purpose only as it works in any state ))) In this case don't really get the purpose of engine(which is a MP based one).

bound the animation to the RCS function instead of actiongroup....so if you hit r or activate it from iva, it should be fine.

purpose of main-engine-> de-orbiting in less than 5 minutes :D

. Two almost similar options: "Control From Here" and "Control from Here". Why 2? :) Any difference?
no difference in gameplay, same node

It´s a KSP issue, one entry for the vessel, one for the docking-port on the same part...doubt that i could remove one entry.

3. Having RPM initializing error spawned into logs.
yes , but it is nothing you should worry about it...not pretty...but for now we have to live with it.

It´s a KSP issue, one entry for the vessel, one for the docking-port on the same part...doubt that i could remove one entry.

You could make the docking port/hatch a separate part from the pod so it requires being attached in the VAB. I'm not sure how that will affect your spaces file though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.