[WIP] Bavarian Aerospace: Tubes! (update9|20|14)

onkelsiebdruck

No offense, but do you mind if I translate that a bit, for posterity's sake?

It seems like while he enjoys the mod, the textures are too high and would possibly like a lower res texture, perhaps more stock alike. His game crashes even with few mods.

in a release-version yes, but this is still in development and my pngs a very do-it-your-self-shrink-friendly.

Memory-usage will be also more reduced with more texture-sharing and more but smaller texturefiles.

( this forum is horrible slow today)

Please give me the part-name of the one you call "ramp"

updates will take time, my mousehand is not in the best condition, cause i tried to play volleyball after 15 years of absence ... ;-)

Sorry, ramp was the wrong word to use. I am trying to get the tubes to animate and move. Every time I place down a tube (nt-100/10/30 etc) I only get grab and attach as menu options. There are no options to unfold the tube, set the legs, turn said tube, etc. Hope this explains the problem a bit more.

The legs are a different piece entirely. I think it's about the same size as the "5". Rotating is done with hotkeys. b and n, I think (same as KAS). If all you see is grab and attach with the 100/50/10/etc, then everything is working properly.

The legs are a different piece entirely. I think it's about the same size as the "5". Rotating is done with hotkeys. b and n, I think (same as KAS). If all you see is grab and attach with the 100/50/10/etc, then everything is working properly.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was getting the old tube system and the new one confused. Everything works as it should!

i was experiencing the same problems wit kerbals getting stuck that everyone seems to be having, so i decided to change the rescale factor to 1.2, making the tubes a bit bigger. I tried it out, and it turned out that although the kerbals still got stuck, i was able to easily recover them with the RCS pack everytime.

The only problem was that kerbals couldn't seem to enter tubes that had been placed while on EVA, and that the nodes for building tubes in the VAB where a bit behind where they should be.

How is the lag? mostly parts like this lag allot.

And are there also low ress texture versions? to beat the lag? i have a pretty heavy machine,but these kind of structures tend to make the game lag.

Would be nice that it used something like part welding,reducing the part count.

But apart from that,it looks good,cant wait to use it in the game when im back home.

• 2 weeks later...

wait...you can walk inside dat?

edit: after watching your videos.I'm speechless. THIS IS SO F*********** AMAZING! The only mod I will really enjoy and use everytime!

edit2: Looks like the habitation module (or what's that called) just falls into the runway.I also can't find the extendable part (maybe that's not included yet)

Can't wait for full version!

Edited by JiWint

wonderfull! Nice job! Can you make a TAC life support compatibility, airlock and breathable interior? (with food storage module, food production module, air production and recycling module, water module, and mining (on pole of duna for exemple) ? It will be multiwonderfull!!!!

wait...you can walk inside dat?

edit: after watching your videos.I'm speechless. THIS IS SO F*********** AMAZING! The only mod I will really enjoy and use everytime!

edit2: Looks like the habitation module (or what's that called) just falls into the runway.I also can't find the extendable part (maybe that's not included yet)

Can't wait for full version!

If you don't have a pod attached a lot of the parts are just considered debris and KSP planetary surfaces eat debris.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.