[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

That's odd. Do you have HotRockets installed?

No, I don't but the B9 Aerospace pack does but it is only for the parts in that pack.

Also I asked about the parachutes because when I reenter then activate the parachutes at around 6000m (I use DR, which prevents me from deploying it earlier) the gs shoots up, twice when it cuts to the main.

Edited by WDZOrangeJuice

No, I don't but the B9 Aerospace pack does but it is only for the parts in that pack.

Also I asked about the parachutes because when I reenter then activate the parachutes at around 6000m (I use DR, which prevents me from deploying it earlier) the gs shoots up, twice when it cuts to the main.

Download this file and copy it to your DeadlyReentry folder. Overwrite the existing file

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/master/DeadlyReentry/DeadlyReentry-RealChutes.cfg

In 0.90.0 stock reaction wheel part doesn't have sas module build in, sas module is only build in to probe core (excluding stayputnik). SDHI 2.5 service module has build in sas (just like avionics ring), if I understand correctly this is not probe core, so there should be no sas module build in.

Another thing is that SDHI 2.5 service module and avionics ring doesn't want to decouple from staging, it's only working from context menu. I have installed all dependencies.

I recall a version of TweakableEverything caused this issue. Try uninstalling the aforementioned add-on and see if the parachute icons shows up in staging.

OK, I check this, and you are right.

Sorry for my English.

Another thing is that SDHI 2.5 service module and avionics ring doesn't want to decouple from staging, it's only working from context menu. I have installed all dependencies..

That part is by design. Use action groups or the context menu (it's to prevent accidental staging).

In 0.90.0 stock reaction wheel part doesn't have sas module build in, sas module is only build in to probe core (excluding stayputnik). SDHI 2.5 service module has build in sas (just like avionics ring), if I understand correctly this is not probe core, so there should be no sas module build in.

I think I understand what you mean now. That being said, I don't see the harm in leaving the SAS in for the the time being.

Another thing is that SDHI 2.5 service module and avionics ring doesn't want to decouple from staging, it's only working from context menu. I have installed all dependencies.
That part is by design. Use action groups or the context menu (it's to prevent accidental staging).

Kaput is correct. By not allowing the Service Module decoupler to be staged with the spacebar, it acts as a safeguard against accidentally leaving your command pod trapped in orbit with no way to get home. By limiting it to actions groups / context menu options, the system effectively asks the user "Are you sure? Are you REALLY sure you want to do that?"

Edited by sumghai

What does this do?

That's the file that is causing your problems.

The version that I am directing you to download is the version that (barring any more changes) will be in the next update of Deadly Reentry. It makes fewer changes than the older file does. Doesn't touch deployment times and focuses mainly on making predeployment safer by shifting the altitude low enough that the pod should be subsonic.

That's the file that is causing your problems.

The version that I am directing you to download is the version that (barring any more changes) will be in the next update of Deadly Reentry. It makes fewer changes than the older file does. Doesn't touch deployment times and focuses mainly on making predeployment safer by shifting the altitude low enough that the pod should be subsonic.

Okay thanks, but I have a question.

When I did a test on this, the drogue parachutes don't even deploy when I get passed the danger zone (for deploying parachutes).

Sorry if I'm ticking you off in advanced.

Okay thanks, but I have a question.

When I did a test on this, the drogue parachutes don't even deploy when I get passed the danger zone (for deploying parachutes).

Sorry if I'm ticking you off in advanced.

I'm not going to get ticked off for feedback on a file I told you you needed. Not sure why you'd have problems with it though. Is it not deploying at ALL? How far down did you let it go?

I'm not going to get ticked off for feedback on a file I told you you needed. Not sure why you'd have problems with it though. Is it not deploying at ALL? How far down did you let it go?

Sorry for the poor wording, but I meant by 'not deploying' I mean 'they deploy, but they rip off due to Deadly Reentry's danger speed'. At 7,300 m (the predeployment height) I would still be at around ~300-400 m/s.

Sorry for the poor wording, but I meant by 'not deploying' I mean 'they deploy, but they rip off due to Deadly Reentry's danger speed'. At 7,300 m (the predeployment height) I would still be at around ~300-400 m/s.

If you are using FAR - check for the latest version. Also, check node size of a part facing prograde while descending - the lower node value the less drag it produces. You can decelerate by additional drag chutes, deceleration engines, etc.

Is anyone else having a problem with the service module not decoupling?
Did you properly install Animated Decoupler?

And, also, it has to be decoupled either through the context menu (right click the part) or through an action group item. It does not respond to staging.

Is anyone else having a problem with the service module not decoupling?

I am, I have animated decoupler and I am doing it manually. they are seperated into two vehicles but it seems they are still glued to each other. They work at the launchpad(when I abort), but once the protective cover is removed it doesn't work anymore.

any tips?

also, what's with the install/remove umbilical port function? I can't seem to know how these work, pls help

Edited by lyndonguitar

I am, I have animated decoupler and I am doing it manually. they are seperated into two vehicles but it seems they are still glued to each other. They work at the launchpad(when I abort), but once the protective cover is removed it doesn't work anymore.

No idea. Pictures please of post-decoupling? (hmmmm. using KJR? Maybe try uninstalling that)

Wait, make sure that you are attaching it to the right node. If you're using the Avionic's Ring, it's possible to attach just a little too high and it may not detach properly.

also, what's with the install/remove umbilical port function? I can't seem to know how these work, pls help

It's just a greeble. It looks nice.

No idea. Pictures please of post-decoupling? (hmmmm. using KJR? Maybe try uninstalling that)

Wait, make sure that you are attaching it to the right node. If you're using the Avionic's Ring, it's possible to attach just a little too high and it may not detach properly.

Yes I use KJR, I'll try testing without it shortly. Post-decoupling looks exactly like the same, as if it's not decoupled yet. but the cord is open and the vehicles are recognized now as split two entities. (I could switch between them, but they still stick together)

I'm using the one with service module(big one), it works when using launch tower and the cover, but it doesn't work on the decouplers alone. My guess is that it needs a little jolt to be able to decouple properly. Also, I have the heatshield included in the mod between the capsule and the SM

EDIT: It's KJR, I can't live without it though, guess I'll have to land with the SM for now :(

Edited by lyndonguitar

Yeah, I've experienced similar issues with KJR, but I doubt that AnimatedDecouplers is responsible (since it just extends off the stock decoupler behavior).

Starwaster, do you think this may have something to do with NodeResizer?

Yeah, I've experienced similar issues with KJR, but I doubt that AnimatedDecouplers is responsible (since it just extends off the stock decoupler behavior).

Starwaster, do you think this may have something to do with NodeResizer?

I don't think so but I'll look at it to make sure

Edit: Oops, he says it is KJR.

Not sure about not being able to live without it though :P

I mean I've used it, will use it again, but I clean forgot to install it for 0.90 and I am able to get by without it.

Maybe when I start up with RSS again (after my career game) and start doing 10m parts I'll start using KJR again

Edited by Starwaster

Yes I use KJR, I'll try testing without it shortly. Post-decoupling looks exactly like the same, as if it's not decoupled yet. but the cord is open and the vehicles are recognized now as split two entities. (I could switch between them, but they still stick together)

I'm using the one with service module(big one), it works when using launch tower and the cover, but it doesn't work on the decouplers alone. My guess is that it needs a little jolt to be able to decouple properly. Also, I have the heatshield included in the mod between the capsule and the SM

EDIT: It's KJR, I can't live without it though, guess I'll have to land with the SM for now :(

Roll your KJR back to version 2.4.5, it seems to fix the random weirdness with docking and uncoupling for now.

If you are using FAR - check for the latest version. Also, check node size of a part facing prograde while descending - the lower node value the less drag it produces. You can decelerate by additional drag chutes, deceleration engines, etc.

Well, before the 0.90.0 update the parachutes were working fine (basically like a normal parachute with RealChutes installed) but the main parachutes keeps deploying in an instant at 2500 m off the ground.

I don't think so but I'll look at it to make sure

Edit: Oops, he says it is KJR.

Not sure about not being able to live without it though :P

I mean I've used it, will use it again, but I clean forgot to install it for 0.90 and I am able to get by without it.

Maybe when I start up with RSS again (after my career game) and start doing 10m parts I'll start using KJR again

Well, I uninstalled KJR and my crafts instantly started doing wobbly things, cause I don't use struts that much anymore, so I have a big problem with existing ships without KJR

One solution I could come up with is to increase the decoupling force if possible, because using the launch abort system successfully decouples it. my guess it it need's a little push to separate

EDIT: I replaced the heatshield with a 2.5m decoupler from KW Rocketry and it's working perfectly

Edited by lyndonguitar

wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'v been having.

The drogue chute for the IACBM wont deploy resulting in too much G-force when the mains deploy and the whole IACBM falls off causing the capsule to crash into the ground. Im using FAR, deadly re-entry and real chutes if that helps. Its a really good mod but its a shame that I cant use some of the parts.

Thanks

Im having some problems with your mod that aren't in the frequently asked question section of your mod. The drogue chute for the IACBM wont deploy resulting in too much G-force when the mains deploy and the whole IACBM falls of causing the capsule to crash into the ground. Im using FAR and deadly re-entry if that helps. Its a really good mod but its a shame that I cant use some of the parts.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.