[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

4 hours ago, Souptime said:

When i remove the patch the pod turns invisible, and the SDHI parts look fine on it the only issue is the invisible pod. Maybe a module manager patch could fix this im not good with mods

And i dont have any mods that use stock textures as far as i know

Here's a couple screenshots https://imgur.com/a/QexZBPh

Oh yeah ping @linuxgurugamer

@Souptime, I haven't looked at the code, but from the description, I believe the mod re-patches the Mk1-3 capsule after Restock to put the original Non-restock model in the game.  But if you remove the whitelist, SDHI still removes the Restock model from the part, but the patch in no longer has the original Squad model to replace it with.  That is why it is invisible.  The description of SDHI notes the parts of this mod do not physically fit the Restock model.  If you want this mod plus the Restock, I suggest you create a config file that creates a part using the Restock model, but give it a part name something other than mk1-3pod.

So how do i make that config. Imma name it "MK1-3.5 "Ikarus" Upgraded Command Pod" Cause i cant mod at all.

Description: "Just an upgraded MK1-3 pod for deeper space workings" and by the same manufacturer

same stats and everything just a nicer look

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

https://github.com/sumghai/SDHI_ServiceModuleSystem/pull/130

No more two sets of MechJebLocalSettings in parts.

Good catch, thanks! I'll roll this into the next update.

@Souptime - Please stop pinging me about your patch. As I've said, I neither endorse or disapprove of what you're doing, so you don't need to seek my permission.

V4.0.4 released - see first post for download link

4.0.4 - 11 October 2020
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
 - Compatibility Patch for KSP 1.10.x
 - Fixed MechJeb compatibility patch to prevent duplicate MJ modules or local settings on the Crew Module Adapter

If you want to support me without paying real money, please download my add-ons from CurseForge - the more downloads I get from there, the more Author Rewards points I can redeem from Curse, which will help me buy bowls of ramen to keep me going during late-night modding sessions

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a (hopefully!) simple question, is there anything I can do you enable the SDHI docking port to attach to a Jr port? I'm trying to do an Apollo style mission and dock with LEM  in orbit, but the Apollo style LEM (from KSP expansion) is setup to use the Docking Port Jr, which is obviously no dice with SDHI port. I realize I could remove that part and use a smaller port, but I love the look -  the built in chutes are so much cleaner looking. I tried stacking a Jr. sized port on the SDHI part, and while I can get it to attach and look good visually, it doesn't function in orbit, crafts just bounce off.

Thanks for the great mod all the same!

Edited by Ty89m

On 2/17/2021 at 10:50 AM, mxi_steel said:

is there a way to prevent this mod from reverting my restock capsule? (config file?)

Apologies for the late response!

I suppose you could delete `GameData/SDHI/Service Module System/SDHI_SMS.restockwhitelist`. However, the reason SDHI SMS reverts the ReStock Mk1-3 skin is because the ReStock design clashes with the added SDHI Umbilical port model.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, Ty89m said:

I have a (hopefully!) simple question, is there anything I can do you enable the SDHI docking port to attach to a Jr port? I'm trying to do an Apollo style mission and dock with LEM  in orbit, but the Apollo style LEM (from KSP expansion) is setup to use the Docking Port Jr, which is obviously no dice with SDHI port. I realize I could remove that part and use a smaller port, but I love the look -  the built in chutes are so much cleaner looking. I tried stacking a Jr. sized port on the SDHI part, and while I can get it to attach and look good visually, it doesn't function in orbit, crafts just bounce off.

Thanks for the great mod all the same!

Sorry, I have no plans to support alternative docking port sizes.

Although the game developers retconned the Clamp-O-Tron Jr. as allowing Kerbals to pass through them, I personally think that the Jr.s are too narrow  for a Kerbalnaut and their helmet to pass through comfortably.

• 1 month later...

Goodness me, the revamped Clamp-O-Tron docking port for 1.12 looks absolutely gorgeous! I reckon I should update my own docking port model to match when the update drops:

On 5/21/2021 at 12:00 AM, UomoCapra said:

qbgqnZ4YVfyZSOo2zqogrGXtLGKP1B5CEYj0lYrF

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 7:25 PM, sumghai said:

Goodness me, the revamped Clamp-O-Tron docking port for 1.12 looks absolutely gorgeous! I reckon I should update my own docking port model to match when the update drops:

I sure do hope that you update SDHI for 1.12 sumghai , because it's my 2nd Must have mod for KSP (Mechjeb being the first).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm slowly getting back into the groove of things, so here's what the revised docking port will look like with the new Clamp-O-Tron mesh:

BGDeN4y.png

02uAent.png

Current issues:

• The docking light LED emissive animation seem to be fine in the VAB/SPH, but are running inverted (!) in the flight scene (i.e. LEDs not glowing when the light is on, but start glowing when the light is switched off). I'm at a loss as to why this is the case, considering stock light animations play in the right direction for all scenes.
  • The docking light LEDs need to be animated separately from the docking port window emissives, but ModuleLight and ModuleColorChanger don't play nicely on the same part with multiple independent emissives involved. Luckily, @Nerteahas suggested I could make use of some of his code from his NearFutureUtils' ModuleAdvancedColorChanger, which does seem to work independently of ModuleLight. I'll eventually compile my own plugin to include in SDHI SMS.

So yeah, apologies for the delay, folks, but the KSP 1.12 update process hasn't exactly been smooth sailing.

Edited by sumghai
Fix grammar

• 5 weeks later...

I've said it before, but I'm really happy that you're still working on this nifty little addon. It has transported *so many* kerbals back and forth from space in my games, over many years and game versions - ever since the first version of this addon was released, it has had a prominent place in my fleet of transport vessels.

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.