[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

Downloaded the version from Github. I went into the VAB and used the clamp-o-tron docking port and ironically there was no port, just the parachute models. Looked into the config and found the clamp-o-tron's config had a model issue. The model it's trying to reference doesn't exist. It was trying to find "dockPort":

MODEL 
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

While it should be this to show the port model:

MODEL 
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort2/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

Small thing that needs fixing. I hope this will help someone if they have the same issue.

Thanks for the wonderful mod!

Happened when I had an older version. You sure you downloaded the latest?

Yup, just downloaded again from both curse and github; the same issue is present. I don't know why I keep getting the issue with each download, but it seems no one else has because no one has posted having this problem. One thing I can guarantee is it's not a MM config messing with it because I'm looking in the "SDHI_ParaDock_1_ClampOTron" folder in the .zip file.

The arrow is pointing out the zips temporary location and showing it's in its downloaded .zip. The circle is pointing out the main issue.

ZLfeZd8.png?1

This part config is from the fourth one I've downloaded and each have been the same, so something is going wrong somewhere. I'm personally not bothered by it because I knew where to look and how to fix it. I just want to make sure it's fixed for others that just play the game and don't fiddle with part configs.

Hey, I've been avoiding .25 because of the x64 support issues, but I finally bit the bullet and updated, is there a way to make the chutes function without RC? Since Stupidchris is not still not supporting x64?

From the Github release notes:

• Added fallback patch for stock parachute behaviour if RealChute is absent
    • Note: RealChute is still the recommended default
    • Stock parachute behaviour only deploys main chutes, and should only be used in an emergency as it may cause sudden or craft-damaging deacceleration upon deployment

Hope this helped!

will this work automatically or do I need to change something to disable the RC config?

If you look in SDHI folder and in the parts folder and MM_configs folder in there should be a file SDHI_SMS_MMPatch_StockParachuteFallback.cfg so it should happen automatically.

Yup, just downloaded again from both curse and github; the same issue is present. I don't know why I keep getting the issue with each download, but it seems no one else has because no one has posted having this problem. One thing I can guarantee is it's not a MM config messing with it because I'm looking in the "SDHI_ParaDock_1_ClampOTron" folder in the .zip file.

The arrow is pointing out the zips temporary location and showing it's in its downloaded .zip. The circle is pointing out the main issue.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLfeZd8.png?1

This part config is from the fourth one I've downloaded and each have been the same, so something is going wrong somewhere. I'm personally not bothered by it because I knew where to look and how to fix it. I just want to make sure it's fixed for others that just play the game and don't fiddle with part configs.

It's still weird though because mine works perfectly well. Have you tried removing previous version before installing?

It's still weird though because mine works perfectly well. Have you tried removing previous version before installing?

Yup, funny enough I chose this release to completely rebuild my gamedata folder. Just tried again and I still get an archive containing the broken paradock. Oh well, as long as it isn't happening to anyone else and it's a simple and easy fix like this, I'm fine being the odd-one-out. I get to feel special this way :D​

Uhh... Considering that Klockheed Martian has apparently been entirely discontinued, will this get updated to make that not a dependency?

You can use the mod without it, you just won't get the floatie in the editor or when you splashdown. The part that the floatie was incorporated with was the heatshield; if you use DR the ablative shielding on the heatshield will still work as expected. I honestly don't know why he called it a dependency since you never ACTUALLY needed it.

Hope this helps ya out.

Edited by FiiZzioN
Forgot some information.

Downloaded the version from Github. I went into the VAB and used the clamp-o-tron docking port and ironically there was no port, just the parachute models. Looked into the config and found the clamp-o-tron's config had a model issue. The model it's trying to reference doesn't exist. It was trying to find "dockPort":

MODEL 
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

While it should be this to show the port model:

MODEL 
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort2/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

Small thing that needs fixing. I hope this will help someone if they have the same issue.

Thanks for the wonderful mod!

http://i.imgur.com/ZLfeZd8.png?1

Yup, funny enough I chose this release to completely rebuild my gamedata folder. Just tried again and I still get an archive containing the broken paradock. Oh well, as long as it isn't happening to anyone else and it's a simple and easy fix like this, I'm fine being the odd-one-out. I get to feel special this way :D​

In KSP 0.25, a lot of official part folders and names have been changed, and Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model is the correct path for the Clamp-O-Tron docking port model referenced by SDHI SMS V2.3.

Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort2/model is from 0.24.2 and before, so it sounds like you simply patched the game from 0.24.x instead of downloading a fresh copy of KSP 0.25 and starting over from scratch.

In KSP 0.25, a lot of official part folders and names have been changed.

Uhh... Considering that Klockheed Martian has apparently been entirely discontinued, will this get updated to make that not a dependency?
You can use the mod without it, you just won't get the floatie in the editor or when you splashdown. The part that the floatie was incorporated with was the heatshield; if you use DR the ablative shielding on the heatshield will still work as expected. I honestly don't know why he called it a dependency since you never ACTUALLY needed it.

I personally consider the floatation collar an essential feature, and so it counts as a dependency, irrespective of whether or not the Klockheed Martian plugins are being actively maintained.

I simply configured SDHI SMS to degrade gracefully in the unlikely event the plugin is no longer available.

It sounds like you simply patched the game from 0.24.x instead of downloading a fresh copy of KSP 0.25 and starting over from scratch.

In KSP 0.25, a lot of official part folders and names have been changed.

I started from a clean gamedata and forgot to clean install the Squad and NASAmission directories. Well... don't I feel like a dumb*** :blush:.

I personally consider the floatation collar an essential feature, and so it counts as a dependency, irrespective of whether or not the Klockheed Martian plugins are being actively maintained.

I simply configured SDHI SMS to degrade gracefully in the unlikely event the plugin is no longer available.

What I said is just a personal opinion, nothing more. Some may see it as a must-have; I see the feature as an optional bonus with the other great parts. I wasn't knocking the part or plugin, I was just stating that it can be optional. On that note, I don't think I could ever say anything bad about this mod, it's essential for me. Combined with blackheart612's mod, Aerojet Kerbodyne, it becomes even better.

Keep up the awesome work on this and the Fustek station parts. Those parts are another thing on my must-have list. Thanks for making this game even better for myself, and many others. Last thing I need to say is good luck on you Masters, that's simply amazing work!

Edited by FiiZzioN

What do you mean DanielBR401? You need to completely explain what is going on if you want help. If it isn't showing up in sandbox mode, did you install all the dependencies? If it isn't showing up in career mode, did you unlock the proper node or research the part?

Hi, all chutes can by tweaked in RealChute Editor window which is accessible in the VAB through the action group editor panel by selecting chute part except for "clamp-o-tron docking port - parachute version". I looked around in configs, but can't find how to enable customization for this chute. Is that even possible for this kind of "dual purpose" part?

SumGhai disabled that feature for the chutes in this pack to make it more novice friendly, so you can't accidentally reconfigure them, it's the same reason the built in decoupler in the SM is not stagable. You can re-enable the editor by changing a setting in the chute part file.

SumGhai disabled that feature for the chutes in this pack to make it more novice friendly, so you can't accidentally reconfigure them, it's the same reason the built in decoupler in the SM is not stagable. You can re-enable the editor by changing a setting in the chute part file.

Could you maybe post what to change? I can't see any value that would do that in part file. And how to make decoupler stagable would be also great :D These are amazing parts and I can see why make something novice friendly, but I would really appreciate these two features :)

TBH, I haven't messed with the Realchutes stuff in a while, since it's disabled in x64, so I don't remember what to change there, but for the decoupler, look for this code in the service module part config:

name = ModuleAnimatedDecoupler
ejectionForce = 200
explosiveNodeID = top
staged = false
animationName = SDHI_Umbilical

and change "false" to "true"

Thanks for help Capt. Hunt, works great! I also figured out how to enable that RealChute editor if anyone else is interested. You need to add this to that chutes part file:

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

• 3 weeks later...
TBH, I haven't messed with the Realchutes stuff in a while, since it's disabled in x64, so I don't remember what to change there, but for the decoupler, look for this code in the service module part config:

name = ModuleAnimatedDecoupler
ejectionForce = 200
explosiveNodeID = top
staged = false
animationName = SDHI_Umbilical

and change "false" to "true"

I have already tried that, I've also tried to put the decouple on the action groups and tried doing it manually but nothing works...any clues?

I've tried changing the settings of the "ModuleAnimatedDecoupler" to "true" I've tried putting the decouple on the action groups, I've tried and doing it manually but I'm still not getting the service module to decouple. any ideas?

I've noticed something weird, I have animated decouplers installed, but the button to separate the command pod is missing from the SM.
I've tried changing the settings of the "ModuleAnimatedDecoupler" to "true" I've tried putting the decouple on the action groups, I've tried and doing it manually but I'm still not getting the service module to decouple. any ideas?

Why not send me some log files (output_log.txt or player.log depending on OS) so I can take a look

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.