[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

hmmm i have a question...

i have animated decouplers installed but the service module doesn't decouple, the option doesn't even show up. oh course i tried remedying this myself by rigging up some self destruct configs but i still need it fixed. i am also at school so i don't have my logs with me

hmmm i have a question...

i have animated decouplers installed but the service module doesn't decouple, the option doesn't even show up. oh course i tried remedying this myself by rigging up some self destruct configs but i still need it fixed. i am also at school so i don't have my logs with me

There's no question anywhere in that post.

Also, need logs. How do you think your problem is going to get fixed without them?

Animated Decoupler is me and I need logs because I have no idea what's happening to you, Hunt or kerbanot without them. (did you see the post directly before yours?)

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to make a shrouded version of the adapter to replicate the Orion in its transfer configuration:

edP9Mxu.jpg

Twvc0NB.png

I don't suppose you have any plans to replicate the interim cryogenic propulsion stage? I know someone was working on it a while ago, but I don't think there's been any progress on that since earlier this year.

I can sort of emulate it with KW Rocketry tanks and a structural adapter, but it just looks kinda weird.

Would it be possible to make a shrouded version of the adapter to replicate the Orion in its transfer configuration:

http://i.imgur.com/edP9Mxu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Twvc0NB.png

I don't suppose you have any plans to replicate the interim cryogenic propulsion stage? I know someone was working on it a while ago, but I don't think there's been any progress on that since earlier this year.

I can sort of emulate it with KW Rocketry tanks and a structural adapter, but it just looks kinda weird.

You can use the Aerojet-Kerbodyne Mod to add more realistic parts like the Orion Service Modules and ICPS.

There's no question anywhere in that post.

Also, need logs. How do you think your problem is going to get fixed without them?

Animated Decoupler is me and I need logs because I have no idea what's happening to you, Hunt or kerbanot without them. (did you see the post directly before yours?)

sorry i overslept and and was still sleep deprived and i already mentioned that i was on a school computer at the time...

although as for now, my normal laptop(using school one) died so i can't really send an output log right now

now fr the question:why won't animated decouplers work even though i have it installed

You can use the Aerojet-Kerbodyne Mod to add more realistic parts like the Orion Service Modules and ICPS.

Looks good. Even though it says it depends on SDHI, it looks more like a replacement for it. No big deal, just more parts to experiment with.

However, one thing I'm really struggling with is trying to include a dish for RemoteTech. The DTS-M1 is too large and prevents placement of RCS blocks on one side of the service module. It looks like Orion has a small dish that extends (flips) up from the underside of the service module. Is there an addon that has a similar part to this?

sorry i overslept and and was still sleep deprived and i already mentioned that i was on a school computer at the time...

although as for now, my normal laptop(using school one) died so i can't really send an output log right now

now fr the question:why won't animated decouplers work even though i have it installed

Sorry but I still have no idea without logs. I'm not a psychic and I can't do remote readings.

However, one thing I'm really struggling with is trying to include a dish for RemoteTech. The DTS-M1 is too large and prevents placement of RCS blocks on one side of the service module. It looks like Orion has a small dish that extends (flips) up from the underside of the service module. Is there an addon that has a similar part to this?
I know the BoxSat mod has a little folding dish and comes with RT support (available as MM cfgs). Not sure what their range is.

I've personally been using the AIES dishes, and they work nicely for me.

nevermind fixed it, can't say how, too embarassing

That's too bad. You should share your newfound knowledge with the other people in this thread who were complaining that it did not work for them.

And what should I tell the next person who complains that it's not working for them? Should I tell them to contact Helix935 for support?

I know the BoxSat mod has a little folding dish and comes with RT support (available as MM cfgs). Not sure what their range is.

Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but I experienced some weird issues after installing BoxSat. Many part icons went missing as well as the background of the part context menu.

In any case, that dish wouldn't really work because it just extends out rather than flipping up.

I guess the DTS isn't too bad, after all I don't really need RCS blocks on all four sides, I can just have two lateral blocks with a linear port on either side.

That's too bad. You should share your newfound knowledge with the other people in this thread who were complaining that it did not work for them.

And what should I tell the next person who complains that it's not working for them? Should I tell them to contact Helix935 for support?

it wasn't a bug but user error in terms of memory and assumptions

Hey Sumghai, I was just thinking that... the Mk1-2 pod doesn't have an Apollo-style SM. The Orion one you have for this is amazing, but I think an Apollo SM would be a nice little treat once you get all of your stuff updated. :wink:

I just stick a mid sized KWR 2.5m tank and the SPS engine from KWR on it.

Edited by Starwaster

Hey Sumghai, I was just thinking that... the Mk1-2 pod doesn't have an Apollo-style SM. The Orion one you have for this is amazing, but I think an Apollo SM would be a nice little treat once you get all of your stuff updated. :wink:

I'm not too keen on an Apollo-style SM, I'm afraid.

Maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but I experienced some weird issues after installing BoxSat. Many part icons went missing as well as the background of the part context menu.

In any case, that dish wouldn't really work because it just extends out rather than flipping up.

I guess the DTS isn't too bad, after all I don't really need RCS blocks on all four sides, I can just have two lateral blocks with a linear port on either side.

AIES Aerospace, while out of date in terms of version number, works well and has a RemoteTech MM fkr the antennaes too. The pack is smartly separated by folder, so all you need to do is download the pack, unzip, delete folders of parts you dont want of need, and boom. Done.

I just stick a mid sized KWR 2.5m tank and the SPS engine from KWR on it.

Same. If you need additional parts like batteries, extra monopropellants or a MechJeb unit and you don't want to attach them to the outside, just grab nothke's 6S Service Compartment Tubes.

AIES Aerospace, while out of date in terms of version number, works well and has a RemoteTech MM fkr the antennaes too. The pack is smartly separated by folder, so all you need to do is download the pack, unzip, delete folders of parts you dont want of need, and boom. Done.

If you and sumghai say so, I'll probably check it out. I just tend to avoid addons that don't explicitly specify latest version support, because wasn't there a significant change to parts configurations in 0.24 or 0.25?

Edited by Bobe

If you and sumghai say so, I'll probably check it out. I just tend to avoid addons that don't explicitly specify latest version support, because wasn't there a significant change to parts configurations in 0.24 or 0.25?

I suspect that due to fixes to scale and rescaleFactor as of 0.25, part scaling and stack nodes for fuel tanks may be affected.

I personally used a heavily stripped-down version of AIES, just the probe cores (for variety), the antennae and science instruments, which haven't been affected by recent updates to the game.

I'm not too keen on an Apollo-style SM, I'm afraid.

Well, I didn't mean a direct Apollo clone, I just meant a bigger/longer SM that's 2.5m throughout.

Basically just something bigger that looks better for longer-distance travel. Perhaps with more fuel and/or life support.

Well, I didn't mean a direct Apollo clone, I just meant a bigger/longer SM that's 2.5m throughout.

Basically just something bigger that looks better for longer-distance travel. Perhaps with more fuel and/or life support.

If you're looking for longer-distance travel, you have two options:

- Build your own custom 2.5m diameter SM by using the provided standalone Avionics Ring, which is also compatible with the SDHI Heatshield / Pod umbilical port

- Build the standard SDHI Orion-like SM, and launch it along with a dedicated interplanetary transfer vehicle / habitat

You can make out of stock parts super easily.

AB5427E7741F42DCF24A53D1259FD0AD39BF385D

Isn't that what this mod was for? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76170-0-23-5-Aerojet-Kerodyne-%28Service-Module-NASA-Extension%29

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.