[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

V3.2.3 released - see first post for download link

3.2.3 - 18 December 2016
---------------------------

WARNING: This is a craft and save-breaking update; it is recommended you abort / recover existing SDHI craft before installing this update

Changes / Fixes:
 - Compatibility Patch for KSP 1.2.2
 - Fixed USI Life Support MM patch to use NEEDS instead of FOR
 - Added PEBKAC Industries: Launch Escape System compatibility
     - This automates Launch Escape System (LES) and Pod Boost Protective Cover deployment/jettison
	 - Boost Protective Cover will automatically jettison when pod is pointed retrograde
 - Changed LES engines to use ModuleEnginesFX in order for compatibility with PEBKAC support
     - Added custom exhaust plume and smoke effects to LES main engines 

Bugs/Known Issues
 - PEBKAC support does not make use of LES pitch control motor RCS thrusters to actively point pod retrograde during abort
     - Kurld is working on adding this feature to the plugin in a future update

Merry KriSPmas, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

13 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

The functional crew hatch on the LES? It opens, right, or did the Spacedock page lie to me?

The Boost Protective Cover (a fairing covering the Mark1-2 capsule) has a crew hatch on it. The LES sits on top of the BPC.

16 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

The functional crew hatch on the LES? It opens, right,

2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

The Boost Protective Cover (a fairing covering the Mark1-2 capsule) has a crew hatch on it. The LES sits on top of the BPC.

As per @Starwaster's response, the toggleable hatch built into the Boost Protective Cover, and not the LES

or did the Spacedock page lie to me?

I don't host my mods on Spacedock, and never will - I only maintain download locations on CurseForge and GitHub, as well as list it in the CKAN index.

Going back to your original question, @redmonddkgamer:

On 22/02/2017 at 0:54 PM, redmonddkgamer said:

I just want the crew hatch!

I still don't understand what you're asking for here. Did you want to know where the hatch is, or did you want me to take the hatch out of SDHI SMS and put it into a separate mod?

9 hours ago, sumghai said:

As per @Starwaster's response, the toggleable hatch built into the Boost Protective Cover, and not the LES

I don't host my mods on Spacedock, and never will - I only maintain download locations on CurseForge and GitHub, as well as list it in the CKAN index.

Going back to your original question, @redmonddkgamer:

I still don't understand what you're asking for here. Did you want to know where the hatch is, or did you want me to take the hatch out of SDHI SMS and put it into a separate mod?

I just want to know how to add a moving hatch to other parts like the Apollo LES from FASA or the Orion one from ShadowWork's SLS.

4 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

How does the clamp-o-tron parachute docking port work. I tried to dock two identical ones together, failed. On eparachute port and one regular, still failed. Is there some second docking port I don't know about?

The Parachute-equipped Clamp-O-Tron should work as-is.

Can you try reproducing this issue in a separate game install with only stock parts, SDHI SMS and dependencies?

3 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

I just want to know how to add a moving hatch to other parts like the Apollo LES from FASA or the Orion one from ShadowWork's SLS.

You can't.

The hatch and animation is directly integrated into the Boost Protective Cover model, so if you want a similar hatch on the FASA Apollo or ShadowWorks' SLS Orion mods, you will either need to ask their respective mod author to do it for you, or you will need to learn how to make your own mods.

Also, you're continually using the incorrect terminology:

- The Launch Escape System is just the small SRB rocket at the top of the stack that pulls the crew capsule away during abort

- The Boost Protective Cover / Aeroshell is the aerodynamic shroud that protects the crew capsule during atmospheric ascent / abort; this is the part with the hatch

I think what's happening is that some mod authors like to combine both with LES and BPC into one part, and call the result the LES, which I personally think is incorrect.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

19 hours ago, sumghai said:

The Parachute-equipped Clamp-O-Tron should work as-is.

Can you try reproducing this issue in a separate game install with only stock parts, SDHI SMS and dependencies?

You can't.

The hatch and animation is directly integrated into the Boost Protective Cover model, so if you want a similar hatch on the FASA Apollo or ShadowWorks' SLS Orion mods, you will either need to ask their respective mod author to do it for you, or you will need to learn how to make your own mods.

Also, you're continually using the incorrect terminology:

- The Launch Escape System is just the small SRB rocket at the top of the stack that pulls the crew capsule away during abort

- The Boost Protective Cover / Aeroshell is the aerodynamic shroud that protects the crew capsule during atmospheric ascent / abort; this is the part with the hatch

I think what's happening is that some mod authors like to combine both with LES and BPC into one part, and call the result the LES, which I personally think is incorrect.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Thanks for the clarification. Is this TweakScale compatible?

Maybe I'll just call it an LES/PBC.

Edited by redmonddkgamer
Forgot to add something.

On 2/23/2017 at 3:42 PM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

How does the clamp-o-tron parachute docking port work. I tried to dock two identical ones together, failed. On eparachute port and one regular, still failed. Is there some second docking port I don't know about?

I believe you now have to align them more exactly. Maybe that's your issue? Try rolling the active craft until they're perfectly lined up and try again.

6 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I thinK I know what the problem is. The port from this mod appears to look the same as the Ven Stock Revamp XL clamp o tron, something that I haven't unlocked yet in my career. I'll test weather they connect in a sandbox game later.

AFAIK, Ven's revamp mod actually replaces the models of stock parts.  The SDHI ParaDock ClampoTron actually uses the stock model. And Ven's revamp modifies it to add a 'bumper' of some sort, yes? Using the animation module to extend and retract it. That bumper could be interfering with docking, especially if it has animated parts that the SDHI paradock part doesn't handle.

A picture of what the Paradock looks like in your game right now might be helpful.

(the suggestion that the port is not aligned properly is definitely wrong; the SDHI ClampoTron functions as the stock Clampotron and does not rely on alignment)

4 hours ago, Starwaster said:

(the suggestion that the port is not aligned properly is definitely wrong; the SDHI ClampoTron functions as the stock Clampotron and does not rely on alignment)

I haven't played for a few patches, but the last time I did, you had to align the roll of the two ports pretty darn exactly for them to connect. My suggestion was that maybe the problem lay in the user not aligning the roll of the two ports precisely enough. My bad if I didn't express myself clearly.

For instance, the docking ports of the two craft in this shot would not couple until I rolled the active SDHI service module craft 180 degrees and aligned them properly.

E08C9132281D5D7027508328CA4450C79273268E

Edited by Bomoo

11 hours ago, Starwaster said:

AFAIK, Ven's revamp mod actually replaces the models of stock parts.  The SDHI ParaDock ClampoTron actually uses the stock model. And Ven's revamp modifies it to add a 'bumper' of some sort, yes? Using the animation module to extend and retract it. That bumper could be interfering with docking, especially if it has animated parts that the SDHI paradock part doesn't handle.

A picture of what the Paradock looks like in your game right now might be helpful.

Yeah, the SDHI port has a bumper on it that doesn't retrect, because it's put there by Ven Stock Revamp.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2017 at 9:05 AM, sumghai said:

As it stands, the SDHI parachute-equipped Clamp-O-Tron has no restrictions on docking orientation, just like the stock Clamp-O-Tron.

It sounds like another mod is interfering with SDHI SMS.

Belated reply. When I first spotted this change, I tried to figure out which mod it was that was doing it, and was told by various people that it's stock now. I guess they musta been wrong in spite of the internet being such a wealth of perfectly accurate and reliable information. Ah well, not a big deal. The reason I mentioned it was on the off chance the user asking for help had the same mod installed. If not, it's not really very relevant.

• 1 month later...

I can't find a non-parachute IACBM for other craft to dock. Is it compatible with the stock Clamp-O-Tron? If not, is it possible to include a non-parachute version in the SDHI pack instead of having to go through the dev build of FusTek?

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.