[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

V4.0.2 released - see first post for download link

4.0.2 - 15 April 2019
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
 - Compatibility Patch for KSP 1.7.x
 - Updated Service Module engine model, textures and emissive animations to match the new stock O-10 "Puff" rocket engine design

I also updated the FAQ in the first post, with a new entry explaining why I will not provide compatibility with art revamp mods like Ven's Stock Revamp or Nertea's Restock. Thank you for your understanding, folks.

If you want to support me without paying real money, please download my add-ons from CurseForge - the more downloads I get from there, the more Author Rewards points I can redeem from Curse, which will help me buy bowls of ramen to keep me going during late-night modding sessions

@Barzon Kerman - I don't think there's a pressing need to update the screenshots in the OP.

The only change to the SM was the model and textures of the main engine nozzle, and given the lighting of the current screenshots, it's not significantly different enough to warrant new images.

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that it is very hard to set up the abort system, and often the tower fires in jettison mode and not abort mode due to user error. I'm thinking an indicator of which mode is active (or just redo the abort tower to function like a normal PEBKAC part and stage to jettison and an "Abort" action auto-bound to the abort group) could help rectify this.

21 minutes ago, Starboost88 said:

I've noticed that it is very hard to set up the abort system, and often the tower fires in jettison mode and not abort mode due to user error.

There's a step-by-step guide on the GitHub wiki, which explains exactly how to set up the LAS.

I'm thinking an indicator of which mode is active

Not really possible without a bespoke plugin.

(or just redo the abort tower to function like a normal PEBKAC part and stage to jettison and an "Abort" action auto-bound to the abort group) could help rectify this.

The LAS and BPC stage to jettison by default, because that's what supposed to happen during a normal flight. It's not that difficult to then assign the abort engine mode as an action group.

And while SDHI SMS does support PEBKAC, restructuring the LAS and BPC to function identically to the PEBKAC's own reference implementation would make PEBKAC a hard dependency, which I'd rather avoid.

8 hours ago, Russos said:

Without Animated Decouplers does not work correctly in version 1.7 :( Is there a solution or wait for the Animated Decouplers to be updated?

Animated Decouplers are working just fine with the latest KSP. They are unlikely to break unless a KSP update changes the underlying decoupler class in dramatic ways.

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Animated Decouplers are working just fine with the latest KSP. They are unlikely to break unless a KSP update changes the underlying decoupler class in dramatic ways. 

Actually, it works. Apparently the first time something went wrong. Thank!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, WarpSpeed127 said:

Half the sdhi parts don't appear anywhere in my parts list, and I have all the depencies installed? Why is this and how do I fix it?

Which parts exactly don`t appear? Which KSP-Version? Do you have the newest Dependencies? Did you install SDHI correctly?

On 6/1/2019 at 2:44 AM, WarpSpeed127 said:

Half the sdhi parts don't appear anywhere in my parts list, and I have all the depencies installed? Why is this and how do I fix it?

On 6/1/2019 at 6:48 AM, Cheesecake said:

Which parts exactly don`t appear? Which KSP-Version? Do you have the newest Dependencies? Did you install SDHI correctly?

@WarpSpeed127,

In addition to @Cheesecake's questions, are you running a Sandbox, Science or Career savegame?

All parts should be immediately available in Sandbox and Science, while for Career mode you need to research certain technologies to unlock all the parts.

is there are any way to fix little solid rocket escape thruster on the fairing pannel, I trying to make a soyous similar abort procedure:

"Beginning with the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project, the Soyuz spacecraft also has a secondary set of four rocket motors at the top of the fairing that can propel the escape head section away from the rocket during the period between the jettisoning of the SAS at T+115s until fairing deployment at T+157s. In contrast to the SAS these rockets only move the escape head section a small distance away from the rocket, as at these altitudes there is enough time for the landing system to deploy." Wikipedia source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_abort_modes

This system was use during the last October incident.

On 6/4/2019 at 4:25 AM, sumghai said:

@WarpSpeed127,

In addition to @Cheesecake's questions, are you running a Sandbox, Science or Career savegame?

All parts should be immediately available in Sandbox and Science, while for Career mode you need to research certain technologies to unlock all the parts.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:48 PM, Cheesecake said:

Im sorry for bothering you, it turns out I installed the mod incorrectly. I've fixed it now though.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, T4T001N3 said:

I recently saw a youtube video that shows the inflatable flotation collar. Is there any possible way to implement that in 1.7.x?

Probably not.

To cut a long story short, you probably saw one of my old WIP development videos on YouTube with the inflatable flotation collar prototype. I then tested variation third-party plugin options (such as Klockheed Martian Smart Parts and Icecovery's Comfortable Landing), but none of them fit my needs precisely. I also worked with Starwaster briefly on a bespoke inflatables plugin, which for a time took a life of its own and almost became a standalone inflatables mod.

I might revisit the idea sometime in the future, but right now, I can't promise anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Idontevenkno said:

will this work for restock

Unfortunately no.It was one of my favorite mod. I don't use it anymore. but you can do a whitelist in restock to keep the stock command module.:(

Edited by Vince_K

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 8:37 PM, Vince_K said:

Unfortunately no.It was one of my favorite mod. I don't use it anymore. but you can do a whitelist in restock to keep the stock command module.:(

You can actually whitelist the Command Pod and keep the Restock Command Pod as well, instructions on how to do so are on Restocks Wiki on GitHub.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.