[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

Happy Birthdday Ghai.

For your birthday, can you explain why Firespitter is required? The SumDum Sevice Module is one of my must-haves. Is it changing in some more significant way that I can't perceive? Will I still be bale to dock to common docking ports? I also have your pre-release station pack for 0.23 but kind of hate having to always install adapters to go from CBM to standard docking port.

WHAT???

The words 'for your birthday' should precede a gift of some sort....

how about.... For your birthday, you don't have to explain jackstuff to us. Happy birthday! TWEEEEEE! <---- (That's like... one of those party favor horn thingies that untwirls and makes weird noises.)

Thank you very much for this mod. I love it.

I just updated to the new version which requires Firespitter.dll and I have the docking clamp issue. What I mean by that, is the docking clamp that has the built in chutes, now displays as a standard clamp and does not function.

I verified that I have the newest version of Firespitter.dll, RealChutes and DeadlyReentry.

Reverting back to the previous version of SDHI resolves the issue. Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you very much for this mod. I love it.

I just updated to the new version which requires Firespitter.dll and I have the docking clamp issue. What I mean by that, is the docking clamp that has the built in chutes, now displays as a standard clamp and does not function.

I verified that I have the newest version of Firespitter.dll, RealChutes and DeadlyReentry.

Reverting back to the previous version of SDHI resolves the issue. Am I missing something obvious?

I am having the same issue. Couldn't revert as I deleted the old version. ;.;

I am having the same issue. Couldn't revert as I deleted the old version. ;.;

That is because of mistake in cfg after changing mod folder structure in last update.

You need to remove "parts\" from

MODEL {
model = SDHI/Service Module System/[B][s]Parts/[/s][/B]SDHI_ParaDock_1_ClampOTron/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
rotation = 0.0, 180.0, 0.0
}

That is because of mistake in cfg after changing mod folder structure in last update.

You need to remove "parts\" from

MODEL {
model = SDHI/Service Module System/[B][s]Parts/[/s][/B]SDHI_ParaDock_1_ClampOTron/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
rotation = 0.0, 180.0, 0.0
}

Thanks. This has worked to fix the problem.

If I may make a suggestion for a future update...

Now that Firespitter is a required element, and now that frizzank has a crew access tower in testing, could you make the hatch in the boost protective cover open upon right click while on EVA? Perhaps also put a "ladder" in it to allow the crew to access the capsule.

Here's the tower in action, btw:

XuoBsLm.png

Minor hotfix to V1.7 released - see first post for download link

Moved parts into additional Parts/ subdirectory so that the Clamp-O-Tron ParaDock references work properly again.

If I may make a suggestion for a future update...

Now that Firespitter is a required element, and now that frizzank has a crew access tower in testing, could you make the hatch in the boost protective cover open upon right click while on EVA? Perhaps also put a "ladder" in it to allow the crew to access the capsule.

I'll think about it.

Perhaps not quite the intended purpose...

Actually, if you think about it, that's really neat!

I have thought of making some half-length FusTek resupply modules compatible with SDHI, so that people could build cargo ATVs to resupply their stations. The SDHI trunk makes for a really good propulsion stage.

I have thought of making some half-length FusTek resupply modules compatible with SDHI, so that people could build cargo ATVs to resupply their stations. The SDHI trunk makes for a really good propulsion stage.

That would be much appreciated, though I know you already have quite a lot on your plate.

Yesss, that would be excellent. I'd personally love to see a service module fuel tank topped by a simple sloped 2.5m attachment instead of the current avionics ring/decoupler combo (essentially the service module sliced off at the base of the avionics ring, and forming a flat 2.5m attachment surface).

One problem I've run into is that your service module decoupler seems to be specifically tailored for an LV-909, and seems to attach to the 909 and not the service module itself. Would it be possible to have two attachment nodes at the bottom (in the same location) instead of one? Engine snaps to one, and decoupler snaps to the other. Would also remove the need for including a fairingless 909 as part of the mod, and could potentially open it up to being used for things like docking ports. However, clipping issues? Worth investigating?

Yes, please! Half-length FusTek alone would be great! Always adored Kuest Airlock. Especially the Karmony, sometimes it can be a little too long for a hub. Perhaps an adapter between the SDHI trunk and FusTek (possibly give it some purpose other than filler; fuel, RTG, etc...).

Yesss, that would be excellent. I'd personally love to see a service module fuel tank topped by a simple sloped 2.5m attachment instead of the current avionics ring/decoupler combo (essentially the service module sliced off at the base of the avionics ring, and forming a flat 2.5m attachment surface).

One problem I've run into is that your service module decoupler seems to be specifically tailored for an LV-909, and seems to attach to the 909 and not the service module itself. Would it be possible to have two attachment nodes at the bottom (in the same location) instead of one? Engine snaps to one, and decoupler snaps to the other. Would also remove the need for including a fairingless 909 as part of the mod, and could potentially open it up to being used for things like docking ports. However, clipping issues? Worth investigating?

Or, using surface-mounted engines like those found in the AIES pack.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60976-PARTS-A-S-T-R-A-Command-and-Service-modules-SEEKING-TEXTURE-ARTIST

found this particular parts pack that adds a bunch of stock-alike command modules that is designed to be compatible with this Service Module System.. The creator currently needs a texture artist and an IVA, maybe someone would help him, considering there's not alot of command module mods around here. His works are really great.

maybe Sumghai himself can help? :D

Edited by lyndonguitar

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60976-PARTS-A-S-T-R-A-Command-and-Service-modules-SEEKING-TEXTURE-ARTIST

found this particular parts pack that adds a bunch of stock-alike command modules that is designed to be compatible with this Service Module System.. The creator currently needs a texture artist and an IVA, maybe someone would help him, considering there's not alot of command module mods around here. His works are really great.

maybe Sumghai himself can help? :D

He's been so swamped he hasn't been able to work on the things he wanted to do on this pack and you want to hijack him for someone else's stuff? Bad form. No cookie for you.

He's been so swamped he hasn't been able to work on the things he wanted to do on this pack and you want to hijack him for someone else's stuff? Bad form. No cookie for you.

it doesn't hurt to ask, and I wasn't asking him to do it in particular, I was just looking for help for anyone who can, people come here looking for a good service module and capsule system, seeing as the models look great and fits/expands this mod, why not post here? Sumghai himself made an expansion on Fusty's original designs, and now someone is expanding his SDHI designs, I don't see any harm done.

and stop being so negative. PS, That's not even my mod and I don't even know the author.

Edited by lyndonguitar

Sorry to inconvenience anybody but I was curious what these parts were called/found? I been looking around but cant seem to find them.

http://i.imgur.com/MMZ9M3pl.jpg

It's a mod pack called Tri-Hexagonal Structural Struts, THSS.

WARNING: There is a lot of detail in the models rather than the textures, which makes the pack pretty render-intensive and will induce craft lag at much lower part counts than normal.

Also, the long strut on the far right is not part of that pack, it's a KOSMOS girder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.