[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

SRB means Solid Rocket Booster. What do you mean with Liquid SRB? Did you just mistype or does it actually mean something that I haven't caught?

I guess he means that he can't have a SRB in the size and Form like he wants (for me it seems Ares I style) and therefore recreates the Ares I SRB stage with liquid fuel tanks. So it is liquid fueled "SRB".

I guess he means that he can't have a SRB in the size and Form like he wants (for me it seems Ares I style) and therefore recreates the Ares I SRB stage with liquid fuel tanks. So it is liquid fueled "SRB".

That's exactly what I meant. :)

The stock SRBs are too powerful and burn too fast to be useful, so I tried the advanced SRB mod, but it looked kinda ugly for this rocket. That's when I decided to use LF tanks and engines to get the looks of the Ares I SRB. :P

272705main_aresI_launch_towers_665.jpg

That rocket it by far my most clipping-intensive rocket. Here's some more pics of it (shameless show-off on my part):

X20te5z.png

NLWXTLT.png

AAwEmeJ.png

The orange tank was too big, so it looks like the Ares I-X. :P

Edited by astropapi1

Where did you find that command module? Also are you using procedural fairings?

The CM is Ledenko's Apollo-style capsule. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48867-WIP-Apollo-like-crew-module

A big caveat: you'll need to put a fairly thick 2.5m decoupler between the CM and the SM, or the CM will fit too far into the SM. Try a NovaPunch decoupler. The one I used is from BobCat's Jool V pack and modified to work with 0.2x. The only real limitation to this is that the LES blast cover will not work correctly. It will clip into the CM and not detach as expected.

And yes, I used Procedural Fairings for the interstage skirting.

All told, she's a hodgepodge of a dozen different mods.

EDIT: astropapi1 got me thinking about the Ares configuration, and as I happened to have one of BobCat's Ares SRB's lying about along with a disused orange tank...

49TXmDG.png

p97V0AL.png

c1rKySj.png

Edited by Jack Wolfe
Pictures 'n stuff

The CM is Ledenko's Apollo-style capsule. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48867-WIP-Apollo-like-crew-module

A big caveat: you'll need to put a fairly thick 2.5m decoupler between the CM and the SM, or the CM will fit too far into the SM. Try a NovaPunch decoupler. The one I used is from BobCat's Jool V pack and modified to work with 0.2x. The only real limitation to this is that the LES blast cover will not work correctly. It will clip into the CM and not detach as expected.

And yes, I used Procedural Fairings for the interstage skirting.

All told, she's a hodgepodge of a dozen different mods.

EDIT: astropapi1 got me thinking about the Ares configuration, and as I happened to have one of BobCat's Ares SRB's lying about along with a disused orange tank...

49TXmDG.png

p97V0AL.png

c1rKySj.png

Looks nice :D I'm considering making an Ares I setup myself, but it also would be amazing if you were so kind to share the .craft file (guess I will need Bobcat's American Pack or at least the SRB stage)

That's exactly what I meant. :)

The stock SRBs are too powerful and burn too fast to be useful, so I tried the advanced SRB mod, but it looked kinda ugly for this rocket. That's when I decided to use LF tanks and engines to get the looks of the Ares I SRB. :P

-imgsnip-

The orange tank was too big, so it looks like the Ares I-X. :P

So there WAS a meaning that I didn't get. Nice work, anyway.

So there WAS a meaning that I didn't get. Nice work, anyway.

Thanks! :)

I'd post the .craft file for you guys to take it apart and steal get inspired by my clipping technology, but it uses so many mods I wouldn't dare to count them.

Let's see:

-This mod, obviously.

-KW Rocketry.

-This mod.

-B9 aerospace (for the insivible struts).

-Mechjeb.

-Engineer Redux.

The list goes on forever. :P

Thanks! :)

I'd post the .craft file for you guys to take it apart and steal get inspired by my clipping technology, but it uses so many mods I wouldn't dare to count them.

Let's see:

-This mod, obviously.

-KW Rocketry.

-This mod.

-B9 aerospace (for the insivible struts).

-Mechjeb.

-Engineer Redux.

The list goes on forever. :P

Nevermind XD will do my own setup , with a lot of mods too. ATM I am using the SRB from Bobcat's Ares I but as I am also using Stretchy Tans for the second stage tank (with a cool orange texture xD) and of course this mod: My only problem so far is that I want to use the capsule Jack Wolfe also used up there but due to its form it dont fit under the blast cover and in my opinion it looks better with blast cover but I will find a solution xD

With the LV-909 thats comes in this pack with factory shrouds removed, is that something just aesthetic or was that engine added without shrouds because the shrouds cause some kind of problem?

Just curious, it seems like something I might take out of my mods, the engine that comes with this mod.

With the LV-909 thats comes in this pack with factory shrouds removed, is that something just aesthetic or was that engine added without shrouds because the shrouds cause some kind of problem?

Just curious, it seems like something I might take out of my mods, the engine that comes with this mod.

You don't have to take the engine out - it won't make you save any RAM for other mods, as the engine in this addon references the one in stock KSP, meaning that it doesn't add to the memory load.

I have to tell you at first I was skeptical. After using this wonderful mod, I'm hooked and now use it in all my saves. In combo with the KSPX escape tower cannot be beat!

I TRUELY hope you have some more parts planned, because your great at it. Haven't read the thread but a I would request a similar system for the 1 man pod to make its life a little more useful through the first few nodes of the tech tree.

Anyway thanks for a great mod, you've provided my games with more depth and fun, what more can one ask for.

I found out that the Soyuz launch escape tower from Bobcats Soviet Pack works great along with this. The PunchOut! escape tower from NovaPunch also works quite well, but it can't be used effectively once you are more than 5 kilometers over the surface.

So I checked out the FASA pack, and while it's got some cool parts, it's not exactly what I had in mind.

So again, if your looking to add to the pack, I think it would be really cool to come up with a similar system to fit the small pod, something a little lower in the tech tree maybe.

So I checked out the FASA pack, and while it's got some cool parts, it's not exactly what I had in mind.

So again, if your looking to add to the pack, I think it would be really cool to come up with a similar system to fit the small pod, something a little lower in the tech tree maybe.

I agree. Currently, the small pod isn't really useful, except in the start of the game and for landers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.