[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

Sumghai, I was wondering if you could find a way to make SDHI compatibility packs for different 2.5m capsules, such as the one from Near Future, the one from Lithobrake Technologies, etc. Possibly use a mesh switch on the parts that change?

Edited by FireFaced

5 hours ago, FireFaced said:

Sumghai, I was wondering if you could find a way to make SDHI compatibility packs for different 2.5m capsules, such as the one from Near Future, the one from Lithobrake Technologies, etc. Possibly use a mesh switch on the parts that change?

As per the FAQ in the first post, the answer is no:

Q: Could you make Boost Protective Covers for command pods from other add-ons?

A: Alternative command pods are outside the focus of this add-on, and will not be supported.

I wanted to thank you for this great mod sumghai, SMS makes the experience a lot more compelling in terms of authenticity and gameplay.

22 hours ago, FireFaced said:

You may have attempted this yourself so you probably know it already, but SMS is pretty much compatible with the 2.5m capsule from NF. It's not a perfect fit so you will have to offset the capsule cover a little, but aside from that it works visually and gameplay wise.

On 4/11/2016 at 10:13 AM, SilentWindOfDoom said:

You may have attempted this yourself so you probably know it already, but SMS is pretty much compatible with the 2.5m capsule from NF. It's not a perfect fit so you will have to offset the capsule cover a little, but aside from that it works visually and gameplay wise.

The one from NF needs scaling, not just an offset. @sumghai, I'd be at least pleased if you could give me/us models that can easily be scaled and edited for certain needs so that I could try myself.

21 minutes ago, FireFaced said:

The one from NF needs scaling, not just an offset. @sumghai, I'd be at least pleased if you could give me/us models that can easily be scaled and edited for certain needs so that I could try myself.

You can use taniwha's Blender .mu import/export plugin to reverse-engineer my SDHI parts for this purpose, but I will not provide any additional assistance or support for what you're doing.

Any chance of a version that doesn't require RealChutes/AnimatedDecoupler? AD is broken in 1.1 I believe, so the version you released's decouplers don't function, and I don't like RealChutes very much as not a lot of things are compatible, and I've had experiences where incompatible chutes were full on broken with it installed.

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Any chance of a version that doesn't require RealChutes/AnimatedDecoupler? AD is broken in 1.1 I believe, so the version you released's decouplers don't function, and I don't like RealChutes very much as not a lot of things are compatible, and I've had experiences where incompatible chutes were full on broken with it installed.

SDHI has fallback configs if RealChute is missing. 

Animated Decouplers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmd9uqoq5j7akg9/SDHI-patch-1.1.zip?dl=1

Ignore that it says patch. Just unpack it to GameData. If it wants to overwrite anything then let it. 

On 4/19/2016 at 9:17 PM, sumghai said:

Have you installed Animated Decouplers? It's one of the dependencies clearly listed in the OP.

I have installed the latest version of Animated Decouplers from GitHub, The Service Module, Side Panels and Launch Cover don't have any option to decouple them at all. I'm going to check the Drop Box version.

On 4/19/2016 at 0:27 PM, tmccreight651 said:

Umm, bug report, the side panels dont jettison when you stage them

1 hour ago, GreenGusTech said:

I have installed the latest version of Animated Decouplers from GitHub, The Service Module, Side Panels and Launch Cover don't have any option to decouple them at all. I'm going to check the Drop Box version.

I will confirm that the version of Animated Decouplers that I posted (aka 'the dropbox version') works with the latest build of KSP 1.1

I also confirm that the version of Animated Decouplers built for KSP 1.0.5 will NOT work with KSP 1.1

21 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

I will confirm that the version of Animated Decouplers that I posted (aka 'the dropbox version') works with the latest build of KSP 1.1

I also confirm that the version of Animated Decouplers built for KSP 1.0.5 will NOT work with KSP 1.1

I too can confirm this, thanks for making the clarification :) 

I have just one little problem: side panels explode on decoupling, though up until now they didn't take any solar panels, antennae or RCS thrusters with them. Lowering decoupling force in editor before launch helps to avoid explosions so maybe you could consider lowering default force?

8 hours ago, tmccreight651 said:

So how do i get it to work properly

If you read the preceding posts, you'll have noted that @Starwaster has uploaded a 1.1-compatible prerelease version of AnimatedDecouplers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmd9uqoq5j7akg9/SDHI-patch-1.1.zip?dl=1

He'll put out a full version when he's ready.

7 hours ago, Cuky said:

I have just one little problem: side panels explode on decoupling, though up until now they didn't take any solar panels, antennae or RCS thrusters with them. Lowering decoupling force in editor before launch helps to avoid explosions so maybe you could consider lowering default force?

Likely causes of your issue:

- You are decoupling the side fairings in atmosphere, which you're not supposed to do.

- You have a pre-KSP 1.0.5 craft; the side fairing decoupling behaviour was reworked from v3.1 (KSP 1.0.5) onwards, and the release notes at the time clearly stated it was craft-breaking, so you should rebuild your crafts from scratch

As of this morning, the decoupling behaviour works fine without explosions.

3 hours ago, StevieC said:

CKAN update pull, s'il-vous-plait?

Not until the full release is ready.

V3.1.1 released - see first post for download link

3.1.1 - 23 April 2016
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
 - Compatibility Patch for KSP 1.1
 - Added support for DennyTX's OLDD docking camera plugin to both parachute-equipped docking ports
 - All parts now have search tags
 - Improved heat shield texture and normal map
 - The fairingless LV-909 "Terrier" Liquid Fuel Engine has now been deprecated
     - This is because the stock LV-909 now includes the ability to hide the engine shroud
     - Existing crafts will not break, but users are encouraged to switch over to using the stock engine for new crafts
 - The fuel cell in the Service Module and Avionics Ring can now be toggled using Action Groups
 - The Launch Escape System (LES) has been reassigned to the more sensible Advanced Landing tech tree ndoe
     - This is a Level 6 node, which puts it on par with the other SDHI SMS parts
 - Tweaked the ModuleAnimateGeneric parameters used to prevent the Mk 1-2 Pod Umbilical Port from being toggleable outside VAB/SPH editor scene
     - KSP 1.1 fixed some typos in the parameters used in KSP 1.0.5

Note: Be sure to install the 1.1-prerelease version of @Starwaster's AnimatedDecouplers!

Addendum - I've updated the CKAN listing for SDHI SMS, but it won't show up until AD is officially updated for KSP 1.1, so in the meantime, please update this add-on and all its dependencies manually.

Just now, StevieC said:

'k. FYI, the Docking Port Target addon has changed a bit and may require corresponding tweaks to the parachute-equipped Clamp-o-tron.

That'll have to wait until the next update, whenever that is.

I have too much on my plate right now to follow up on last-minute and short-notice requests.

@StevieC - in the future, please make feature requests on GitHub, and I'll decide if and when they go into future updates.

I'm sorry to sound really short, but it's extremely frustrating to spend weeks developing, testing and documenting an updated release, only for some weird-ass obscure request to throw a spanner in the works.

@stupid_chris - probably not. I have something entirely different in mind for our project.

12 hours ago, sumghai said:

Likely causes of your issue:

- You are decoupling the side fairings in atmosphere, which you're not supposed to do.

- You have a pre-KSP 1.0.5 craft; the side fairing decoupling behaviour was reworked from v3.1 (KSP 1.0.5) onwards, and the release notes at the time clearly stated it was craft-breaking, so you should rebuild your crafts from scratch

As of this morning, the decoupling behaviour works fine without explosions.

I'll check a bit more at my side, but I had them explode at decoupling on launch pad, in atmosphere and in orbit. Since I made a craft from scratch maybe I have accidentally clipped something through them and that is the reason. I'll check again and come with reply if I discover something.

Just as a note: I had them explode on launch pad, in atmosphere, out of atmosphere with engine still firing and out of atmosphere with no thrust from the rocket below.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.