[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

Hi, I really want to use this but when I try to load the loading screen is stuck at the docking ports. I took out all of the mods except the SDHI one. I think it is how I installed it, but I'm not quite sure if I did do it correctly or if I didn't.

You probably have an old version of Real Chutes. Update to the latest.

Edited by sumghai
Fixed quote

I have real chutes latest version and this mods latest version as well but when I put the Docking port with the chutes I can't edit the parachute properties like I could in previous versions. How do I change the properties of the chute on the docking port?

I have real chutes latest version and this mods latest version as well but when I put the Docking port with the chutes I can't edit the parachute properties like I could in previous versions. How do I change the properties of the chute on the docking port?

I think on action groups.

Working as designed. It has been asked and aswered before both in this thread and the RealChutes thread. The parachute parts in this mod are pre-definied and are deliberately not moddable in the RC GUI.

I'm sure you could look into the config and find whatever line defines the behaviour, but currently, it's not a bug, it's a design decision.

Does anyone know how to fix this? The decoupler animation for the service module constantly plays in the VAB. When launching, the game crashes because it is spammed with null reference errors. The Service Module itself is the part to blame, but I have the dependency for the service module installed. I can't launch a ship with the part installed! I have a butt ton of mods so it would be hell to troubleshoot alone..

Output Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm0nj3tiw9fn3mc/output_log.txt

phYJEwq.png

EDIT: I was able to launch a craft, but it fell straight through the rocket!

EDIT 2: Uninstalling TweakScale completely fixed this issue.

Edited by SkyHook

So I have been using this flawlessly for a few weeks. I have been updating everything with no issue. Now that I have the latest update twice now I have gotten the glitch that down't let me recover the vessel or return to the space center. I did not have have this problem yesterday and now today I do. So plus my log is completely spammed with null exceptions so IDK. Like I said everything was working fine and since I updated I now have the issue.

So I have been using this flawlessly for a few weeks. I have been updating everything with no issue. Now that I have the latest update twice now I have gotten the glitch that down't let me recover the vessel or return to the space center. I did not have have this problem yesterday and now today I do. So plus my log is completely spammed with null exceptions so IDK. Like I said everything was working fine and since I updated I now have the issue.

The only changes in this update was a fix to the MM patch.

Have you attempted reverting to an older version? Have you tried a separate game installation with just SDHI + dependencies?

The only changes in this update was a fix to the MM patch.

Have you attempted reverting to an older version? Have you tried a separate game installation with just SDHI + dependencies?

I have not. Like I said It was working perfectly for a long time. I downloaded the recent update and now its happening. I have not changed a thing except for SDHI today. It doesn't happen every time but its happened twice today.

Saying that your log has null ref exceptions doesn't actually tell anyone anything that would help them help you.

You have to provide that log (not ksp.log either, output_log.txt or player.log if Mac or Linux)

Saying that your log has null ref exceptions doesn't actually tell anyone anything that would help them help you.

You have to provide that log (not ksp.log either, output_log.txt or player.log if Mac or Linux)

Your wish is my command https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log

I am playing on a mac sorry to leave that out.

Edited by sp1989

Regardless of what kind of update was done, this simple matter is, don't expect a current saved game to continue to function if you update components...If you really want to find the truth...Start a fresh install, and see what happens, if the NRE's are present with SDHI and dependencies only, then there is a problem somewhere. Otherwise, figure any update is potentially game breaking, and get over it.

Regardless of what kind of update was done, this simple matter is, don't expect a current saved game to continue to function if you update components...If you really want to find the truth...Start a fresh install, and see what happens, if the NRE's are present with SDHI and dependencies only, then there is a problem somewhere. Otherwise, figure any update is potentially game breaking, and get over it.

No No No I get that. I was just reporting a problem I was having.

Otherwise, figure any update is potentially game breaking, and get over it.

As the British might say... I'm gobsmacked at this treatment of someone seeking help. Sorry sp1989, apparently you're not allowed to post any problems. Also you are expected to muddle your own way through any problems you experience regardless of your ability to troubleshoot, or not.. (that's astonished sarcasm btw....)

Your wish is my command https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9pm1i59c04ycoi/Player.log

I am playing on a mac sorry to leave that out.

Looked over your log and I'm having trouble isolating a particular cause as you're experiencing null-ref errors in just about everything, including core game functions (example below)

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()
at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker_CoM.recurseParts (.Part part, UnityEngine.Vector3& CoM, System.Single& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker_CoM.findCenterOfMass (.Part root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker_CoM.UpdatePosition () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's making it hard to lock down a particular cause, let alone one pointing at SDHI or its dependencies as the culprit..

Previous suggestions about reverting to SDHI + dependencies only are not unsound, though if you want to start small I'd try starting the game without TweakScale and see if that stops the errors.

And in spite of its being listed as a dependency, maybe try without the Klockheed Martin plugins too. Maybe you have an issue with that one and either need to ensure that it's updated to the latest version or failing that try reverting to the last version you were using before having problems.

As the British might say... I'm gobsmacked at this treatment of someone seeking help. Sorry sp1989, apparently you're not allowed to post any problems. Also you are expected to muddle your own way through any problems you experience regardless of your ability to troubleshoot, or not.. (that's astonished sarcasm btw....)

Looked over your log and I'm having trouble isolating a particular cause as you're experiencing null-ref errors in just about everything, including core game functions (example below)

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()
at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker_CoM.recurseParts (.Part part, UnityEngine.Vector3& CoM, System.Single& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker_CoM.findCenterOfMass (.Part root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker_CoM.UpdatePosition () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorMarker.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's making it hard to lock down a particular cause, let alone one pointing at SDHI or its dependencies as the culprit..

Previous suggestions about reverting to SDHI + dependencies only are not unsound, though if you want to start small I'd try starting the game without TweakScale and see if that stops the errors.

And in spite of its being listed as a dependency, maybe try without the Klockheed Martin plugins too. Maybe you have an issue with that one and either need to ensure that it's updated to the latest version or failing that try reverting to the last version you were using before having problems.

Wow thank you. Sometimes I wipe out my game data file and do a fresh install anyway and start fresh with a new set of mods. Why would my core game be getting null exceptions? Anyway I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the game tried out SDHI with its dependencies and everything is all right for now. But should I be concerned about getting errors in the core game?

I would not be concerned at all. I believe you are having core issues because your current saved game persistent file differs in some way, shape or form from updated parts that exist when loaded due to the SDHI update. That is the entire reason that when updating anything, don't expect everything to be fine in a current saved game, or better yet, specifically expect that something will break and you will lose some functionality or another. One thing that seemingly everybody at some point forgets is that KSP is a public alpha/beta, and with it so is every other 3rd part mod developed for it. (Can't have main program be alpha/beta, and an add-on be final), yet some people, and I'm specifically saying NOT you 'sp1989', think that everything is unicorns and rainbows, and so on.

This is something that NOBODY wants to hear, and no developer wants to have to say, and there are far too few that will. If an issue exists, start over completely fresh with everything updated. If the problem still exists, then one likely has a bug to report, and a developer a bug to squash. Anything less than a new proper install and people can be led on a goose log chase to find an issue that doesn't truly exist. SP1989, your issue is a prime example. Old install, full of problems, everywhere. New fresh install. No issues at all.

Wow thank you. Sometimes I wipe out my game data file and do a fresh install anyway and start fresh with a new set of mods. Why would my core game be getting null exceptions? Anyway I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the game tried out SDHI with its dependencies and everything is all right for now. But should I be concerned about getting errors in the core game?

you get errors like that when something throws an exception at a bad time when the game is initializing. It interrupts initialization of everything else after that point. Classes don't get properly instanced and then later the game tries to reference them but there's no valid reference. A null reference.

Reinstalling is is one solution but it can mask the problem and prevent you from finding the cause. Not to brag but I've never had to do something that extreme.

i did that and it just animates the umbilical cord coming off and that's it. it is weird.

Logs please. Play, put something up with that part, try decoupling then quit immediately. Then get log and upload to Dropbox or some other hosting service then link here. Output_log.txt or player.log if you're on mac or Linux.

Logs please. Play, put something up with that part, try decoupling then quit immediately. Then get log and upload to Dropbox or some other hosting service then link here. Output_log.txt or player.log if you're on mac or Linux.

I just fixed it...the node on the avionics ring is really tricky so the capsule was attaching to the bottom node instead of the decoupling top node *insert facepalm here* Service module works fine as well.

I just fixed it...the node on the avionics ring is really tricky so the capsule was attaching to the bottom node instead of the decoupling top node *insert facepalm here* Service module works fine as well.

thats why I suggested my node resizer to sumghai awhile back. In the VAB it would have itty bitty nodes that are easier to snap accurately. Then in the world the node resizes so the joint is sturdier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.