[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

the one I had in mind was the one showing all the parts in an exploded view.  Then had all the arrows pointing out what each part was.  it gives a good overview of what is included in the mod and a basic map of how it is all assembled.

5 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

the one I had in mind was the one showing all the parts in an exploded view.  Then had all the arrows pointing out what each part was.  it gives a good overview of what is included in the mod and a basic map of how it is all assembled.

SIb2KCL.png

4 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

This diagram is no longer accurate though.  A third petal was added to the SM fairing.

The diagram is accurate. The third petal is simply not shown, as it would block the view of the engine and/or adaptor.

5 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I'll think about it, but the KSPedia entry for SDHI would essentially be only two pages (the cover and the exploded diagram), so no promises.

32 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

This diagram is no longer accurate though.  A third petal was added to the SM fairing.

26 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

The diagram is accurate. The third petal is simply not shown, as it would block the view of the engine and/or adaptor.

@MaverickSawyer is correct - the third petal was omitted for clarity.

2 hours ago, slyfoxninja said:

Amazingly this mod works fine in 1.3. 

Well it's primarily a parts pack. There's not too many things that are likely to happen to invalidate it, and the worst of those have already happened. The PART config format is pretty much set and not likely to change catastrophically... we did have some collider changes that necessitated reworking of some of the models, and that's behind us now.

There is a plugin which is my responsibility to update and that'll happen sometime over the next few days 

13 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Well it's primarily a parts pack. There's not too many things that are likely to happen to invalidate it, and the worst of those have already happened. The PART config format is pretty much set and not likely to change catastrophically... we did have some collider changes that necessitated reworking of some of the models, and that's behind us now.

There is a plugin which is my responsibility to update and that'll happen sometime over the next few days 

which plugin? the animated decouplers one, or the inflatable flotation skirt one, @Starwaster?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mostlydave said:

I am running 1.3 without animated decouplers and everything works except you cannot detach the pod from the service module.

You really shouldn't be doing that. Starwaster will update the AnimatedDecouplers plugin when he's ready.

I understand you really want to play with SDHI SMS (as evidenced by your prior posts), but trying to run a version of the mod incompatible with the current release, and then reporting problems is not going to make the next release come out any faster.

I don't really care, I've been playing without it. I just wanted to let anyone else that periodically checks in know that the post I originally replied to was incorrect.

If you quote me like that again please include the whole post for the context, the way you quoted me makes it look like I was looking for help with 1.3, which I clearly wasn't.

I was not reporting a problem, so please do not act like I was.

9 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

To be fair English may not be Sumghai's language.  so his misunderstanding your post is only to be expected.

I can assure you I am quite fluent in English, thank you very much.

On 29/5/2017 at 2:17 PM, sumghai said:

I believe @Starwaster is referring to the AnimatedDecouplers plugin.

As mentioned previously, the flotation skirt plugin is on hold while I concentrate on keeping SDHI SMS up-to-date and chip away at FusTek Station Parts.

Do you mean you will discontinue developing the FusTek station? That's too bad :(

43 minutes ago, Carrot said:

Do you mean you will discontinue developing the FusTek station? That's too bad :(

He said 'chip away' which does not mean to discontinue. He probably means by it that he will still work on it occasionally but at a low priority.

V3.2.4 released - see first post for download link

3.2.4 - 18 June 2017
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
 - Compatibility Patch for KSP 1.3
 - Updated various MM patches to use FOR instead of FINAL
 - Added MM patch to hide parachute-equipped IACBM docking port from VAB/SPH editor parts list if FusTek Station Parts is not installed
     - Existing vessels that use the part are not affected
     - FusTek Station Parts development builds also now include a special MM patch with a FOR keyword to automatically re-enable the SDHI IACBM
 - (Pseudo-)Compatibility Patch for Ven's Stock Parts Revamp
     - If Ven's Stock Parts Revamp is installed, the parachute-equipped SDHI Clamp-o-Tron docking port will revert to using the stock Clamp-o-Tron model rather than the revamped model
 - Removed Ship Manifest plugin from list of Supported Third-Party Addons
     - Ship Manifest is still compatible with SDHI SMS, but is not neccessary for Connected Living Spaces-restricted crew transfers

Bugs/Known Issues
 - PEBKAC support does not make use of LES pitch control motor RCS thrusters to actively point pod retrograde during abort
     - Kurld is working on adding this feature to the plugin in a future update

Thanks for your patience, folks.

If you want to support me without paying real money, please download my add-ons from CurseForge - the more downloads I get from there, the more Author Rewards points I can redeem from Curse, which will help me buy bowls of ramen to keep me going during late-night modding sessions :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.