What planet scares you the most?

Astronaut

Mine would probably be Duna because it has a past of aliens and i just feel so alone, that's why i will never go back.

I would like to hear what you think is the creepiest planet (or moon).

This was the creepiest planet until i got the cloud mod, now Eve scares me the most because the clouds are so thick you can't see the surface from orbit and when you do get there the clouds make it dark and space is not visible, it made me feel like i was trapped on a planet that did not want me to leave.

Edited by Astronaut

Tylo. I've yet to build a craft capable of landing there before running out of fuel.

If you're going for unmanned probes you could actually land there with a simple X200-16 fuel tank and four orange radials.

This is the craft I did it with. :)

MBLmXnI.png

This should've been a poll. Anyhow, mine is Eve. Only a fool would send a man to Jool and hope to get him back, but I've never been to Eve (I was more interested in Gilly, so I just did a flyby back in .18.2 after Gilly's collision mesh had been fixed) and I really wouldn't want to get my hopes up for a safe return, only to be stranded. It's the uncertainty that scares me.

KSP isn't exactly Amnesia so none of the planets scare me. But I gotta say I always feel a bit uncomfortable when aerobraking in the Joolian atmosphere. You still have chances of survival when aerobraking too deep into atmospheres of rocky bodies (Kerbin, Duna, Eve, Laythe), but in the case of Jool, it results in a green, suffocating, eerie death.,

Duna isn't really scary in and of itself, but it's thin atmosphere has caused a lot of heartache. I keep forgetting how useless parachutes are and forget to enter shallow enough to bleed off speed to save fuel.

Laythe and its oceans get me as I keep missing land and dropping my kerbals into a watery grave.

How has nobody said Moho? It take a ton of DV to reach, and I don't think burning to death in space because you ran out of DV and got stranded on the day side of Moho would be too fun.

I've given up on Moho for now. I've gotten distracted by kethane and my last Moho attempt ran out of dV just as I established orbit.

If you're going for unmanned probes you could actually land there with a simple X200-16 fuel tank and four orange radials.

This is the craft I did it with. :)

One 48-7S is enough for landing

P3zDx86.png

Manned Tylo lander who can return.

The seat and the two oscar tanks to balance it is dropped after deorbit burn, remember to transfer kerbal to ladder first.

Two droptanks who is dropped 2-3 km above surface, ant an oscar upper stage.

Yes this lander is inpractical small, the ladder don't let you use time warp, and the margins are low, would not have used this design if it was not for my 100 ton grand tour who required me to minimize it a lot.

For an probe landing its an good design. guess you could even replace the landing legs with small wheels and get an probe rover.

But yes Tylo scares me to most, not able to land on it without mechjeb and even this landings has a lot of problems.

Think I used an week testing the Tylo lander.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.