What kind of Hardware do you use to run KSP

acidr4in

Dell Optiplex 745 here. Second-hand when I bought it.

Intel® Core2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz

4GB RAM

No idea what the graphics card is, it;s some weird non-standard sized thing specific to Dells.

Installed KSP on Linux Mint 16, recently upgraded Linux to Linux Mint 17 in-situ (that is, not a clean install) KSp still works fine.

I do run at 1/4 res textures, and have to turn the aerodynamic effects down (so I get a proper fiery glow; if I don;t, all I get is a solid pink mush during reentry), but KSP still plays fine and looks good. Seriously, try turning the textures down for a performance boost and see for yourself - the game might not look as good as it possibly can, but it still looks pretty durned good even with the graphics dialled down!

I'm using a super old Toshiba Satellite A305 (yes, "satellite," of all things).

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00 GHz

4GB RAM

I can't really play without having it on really low graphics, and I'm not getting a new computer for another few years...

Edited by Lhathron the Elf

Cpu : i7 5960Xk @ 3Ghz

Ram :16Gb DDR 4 2800Mhz

Gpu :GTX 690 4Gb DDR5

SSD :crucial 512gb

I have everything set to max, debris to unlimited. I did do a kessler bomb and made it start to stutter a bit but that was thousands of bits scattered!

Edited by Polstar

CPU: i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 at something-something mhz

GPU: Intel 2000 HD Graphics

HDD: 1 TB Whatever-comes-with-a-generic-prebuilt-HP-desktop

Yeah, I have this prebuilt thing :P. It generally runs KSP terribly due to it not having a graphics card at all (only integrated graphics), albeit the CPU power deals quite well with part count. I really want to get a new rig soon, but that's a want, not a need.

CPU: i5 4690k overclocked to 4Ghz

GPU: GT620 (have to massively overclock this to even get half decent frames)

HDD: A singe 1TB one and various ones I find in one desktops

RAM: 8 gigs of standard RAM

Built this all myself, even putting the CPU in... Bricks were shat that day...

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5Ghz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 in 2-way SLI

RAM: 8GB of Corsair Vengeance at 1600Mhz

SSD: Intel 120GB (Don't remember the details)

HDD: 1.5TB of storage disks

All running on a MSI z77a-g45 motherboard.

I built it myself a couple years ago and this baby is still running strong! I'm hoping to upgrade to a mini-ITX rig by the end of this year.

CPU: i5 4690k

GPU: EVGA nvidia GTX 960

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-2133

SSD: Crucial M500 240GB & Crucial 32GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

MB: MSI Z97 Gaming-3

OS: Windows 7 (for gaming), Linux Mint 17 (for KSP) and Debian (for other stuffs)

I can't really play without having it on really low graphics, and I'm not getting a new computer for another few years...

I'm in the same boat. I've been trying to build my own, but I've gone through something like 5 rounds with Newegg about bum parts...

Haven't played KSP in a few months. I finally got fed up with having a yellow timer just from putting a bare Mk1 on the launchpad.

old setup

dell inspiron 560s with a gtx750ti and q8400 cor 2 quad core.

new setup

CPU: i7 4790k 4.7G OC (swiftech H240X cooler)

GPU: gigabyte nvidia GTX 750ti (1300MHz oc)

RAM: 8GB Hyperx savage

SSD: corsair force GS 120 (os) and 240GB

HDD: NA for now

MB: gigabyte z97-UDH5-BK

My new system:

Intel quad i7-3770k

AS Rock Z97 motherboard

intel 730 SSHD

windows 7 pro OS

2TB Western digital HDD

16GB RAM

GEForce 750Ti video card

Razer deathstalker lighted keyboard

taipan mouse

nice lighted case...

Edited by vixr

not anything to brag about, but it works just fine with everything cranked up ^^

Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit

Intel i5-650 dual core 3.2 GHz

Radeon HD 6870

8GB RAM

Some random SSD I found, 128 GB (game installed here) =P

Western Digital HDD, 1 TB (operating system here)

as for peripherals:

-some random Logitech keyboard

-Kensington Ultimate Trackball - don't knock it til you try it! =P

Hi

I am considering buying an Apple MacBook Pro (MD103C/A) - Core i7 2.3 GHz - OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD - 15.4" wide 1440 x 900 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M / Intel HD Graphics 4000

>> will I be able to play KSP in good conditions? Meaning what max number of pieces and detail level before it starts lagging?

Thanks a lot!!

I run that set up, but I upgraded to 8gb ram and a 750gb 7200rpm hybrid drive. Lag is tolerable on 300+ part vehicles and medium graphics settings for me. Fan runs hard and the left side gets hot though.

Middle of the road Toshiba laptop (8 gigs ram, integrated vid card), lots of big nasty mods and zero lag.

This game runs best on linux and in full 64 bit glory!

8 gigs of ram is a lot for this game and linux - if you can use it all.

The 32 bit version limits the application to around 3.7 gigs. I used to crash with over 40% of my memory just sitting there idling.

I installed Ubuntu (I hear lots of folks are big on Mint, as well) and now I don't crash and hardly ever lag, even with crap Intel integrated graphics (HD 4000).

I have a big rig I hardly ever use sitting in my home office. But, I prefer my couch and laptop combo in front of the fireplace over the desk and office combo.

Anyway, most everyone here posted a machine with better specs than mine. But, it doesn't really matter how much gear you have if you have to run it in 32 bits with a 3.7 gig ram limit. All that fancy hardware might as well be a burrito. You can eat a burrito, at least. But, empty ram is just wasted.

In short, it hardly matters how good your gear is if you can't use it to run the application.

And don't get me started about the memory leaks... bad, bad, bad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.