What kind of Hardware do you use to run KSP

acidr4in

Hi, I just wanted to ask a little question what kind of Hardware do you use to run KSP.

I'm really frustrated lately and stopped playing because everything has more than 5 parts doesn't run fluid.

Docking on this is a real pain in the ass.

N7FuOkVh.jpg

If someone has tips to improve the performance you are very welcome to post here.

My Hardware:

• Intel i760
  • Radeon 7870
  • 8 GB RAM
  • SSD

What's an i760...?

i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz

8GB DDR3

GTX 650

Not a great graphics card and I'd like a little more RAM, but KSP doesn't really need either of those.

You want a great processor to run KSP well. I get to about 400 parts before the MET goes yellow and the game slows time down.

6.5 year old iMac. 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB ram. ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with 256 MB. No need to spec the HD, its the usual slow stock Mac option. It will probably barely handle Mavericks OS when that comes out. It sometimes handles KSP well.

Yes, some of you will feel better now with your own rig specs.

Windows 7 (Desktop)

Intel i5-2300 @ 2.80GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5670

6 GB RAM

I can run previous updates with no lag up to 500 parts! However .21 lags nonstop... and it threatens to crash at every moment...

Oh goodie! .22 has 30% performance improvement? Well I guess that's at 50% decrease for me! *goes to cry in a corner*

Edited by RocketPilot573

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz

Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB

I have little to no lag on craft up to about 400 parts, anything more produces pretty savage lag.

However I only play at 1440x900 so i guess the lower resolution helps frame rate a little.

Windows XP desktop

Pentium 4 - 2.80 GHz

1 GB RAM

ATI RADEON X300 128 MiB

from 2005

Can be a bit of a struggle at times, but it's okay if you turn all settings to low and don't have anything else running. Doesn't support the re-entry shader unfortunately, and there are graphical glitches with flags and the settings page, but everything else works and looks fine. It can be a bit of slideshow, so don't look at the ocean (though 0.21 final made planes flyable because the frame rate finally improved).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.