What do you want to see in .23

My first immediate idea was "reentry heat and realistic aerodynamics", but then I noticed I have Deadly Reentry and FAR, so those can wait. They're good enough for the time being.

Same goes for having an awesome docking cam, then I realized I have lazor.

But then it hit me, what this game needs and would not only fit with the general idea they already followed with the plugins, i.e. letting the players create content. A mission/campaign engine.

What I'd envision is something that lets people create missions that have some set goal, a set of rules and requirements that have to be met, along with some rewards. People would now pick and choose missions depending on their skill, their technology level and their preferences and create their own "campaign" so to speak as they play.

Not only would that allow us to make missions, it would allow Squad to only create a basic stock of missions to give everyone a feel for the system, the rest would come by itself, I'm fairly sure. The community is big enough to provide an endless supply of missions for all kinds of tech levels.

Oh, and of course we need MOAR BOOSTERS!

ok, so it really is a bit premature to even be thinking about 0.23 when we don't yet have our mitts on 0.22, but I do have a request for what I'd like to see in 0.23;

No new features!!!

Seriously. I don't want to see a single new thing added to the game in 0.23. I'd like to see existing features being refined, some bugs resolved but mostly some serious attention paid to part loading and memory management.

Wolfedg, that's the as...kerbonaut complex, not science facility.

To be honest, i really would like to see the road map of the game and what kind of things are in the planning board, so to speak.

One thing that annoys me is that we are been treated as final customers that have bought 'ready' game (not that there are of those in the industry...) and are given polished patches. They say in the announcements part that 0.22 is ready and on the playtesters....what, and we are?? Oh yes, FINAL customers...that bought the game in VERY early ALPHA state, although the engine works (to the 32bit limit anyway) and sandbox is quite fun. Thankfully, modders have greatly increased the value of them game, even over to what Squad is doing, which is kinda sad, but part of the life, after all.

I'd like to see the economy system added, long term experiments, mining for resources on other planets/moon to enable you to build some of the more advanced tech in the tree. I'd also like to see some life support systems for kerbalnauts.

I'd like to see the whole of c7s planes overhauled and a new aerodynamic model, and the parts that a relevant from b9 ( wings, engines, intakes, cooling manifolds and railings ) and have them stockified

While more parts is generally cool, It also makes the inventory very cluttered. If they did this I would want some kind of inventory management, or a favorites tab so I wouldnt be digging through hundreds of parts I never use.

I know there are mods for many of these, but I'd like to see them as part of the stock game:

-Better aerodynamics

-Reentry heat/damage and reentry contrails

-Dust getting kicked up when landing, or driving a rover around

-Clouds

-Wind

-IVA crew transfers

-First person view option on EVA

-Radial drogue chutes

-SRB segments

-Mapping (topography and biomes)

-Robotics and tethers

-Docking cam

-Procedural fairings/wings

-More planets/moons

-Volcanism

-A separate part tab for modded parts

-Engines with greater gimbal range

-Wider fuel tanks

-A Kerbal Flight Engineer type display

I would like to see:

1. Better attachments

I do not want to have to strut every part together. Two fuel tanks that are attached should not be flimsy, they should be welded on so strong that it has the structural integrity of a single part.

2. Better Damage

This is simple, it means that if a flammable part is pushed by an engine, it should start smoking (smoke trail) and then explode.

Explosions should also have shockwaves that can damage other craft.

3. Inventory Managment

Subcategories and favorites tabs.

Tweakables. ie. being able to disable things like Gimbal in the VAB

I went over some of the KSP plans, and it said that tweakables will go in about the same time as resource extraction. This allows you, for example, to add alternators to rocket engines or reaction wheels to capsules.

I kinda wished they added the money in 0.22 and the science because then when they add money, I'll most likely start a new save because everything I did prior to x.xx (update with money) was on a magical budget.

I know they won't add planets

One thing I'd like above all others, are better planets. What I mean is like violent storms rage 'dynamically' around Eve and you have to choose your landing zone accordingly, or strong winds on Kerbin that may stop you from launching... And with this, there must be resources.

0.23 - Money and resources.

0.23 Alt - 0.23 - dAA Bonesss aN' RecOurcee UPd8 ·:*:·£ØvÊ

I don't know about the next release; but what I would like soon is:

* Another Kerbal "faction" to compete against.

* Enviornment (Clouds, dust, storms, waves...)

* Random Events from damage to ship to fix to solar flares and such

* Start with general knowledge of planets and getting info on them using telescopes

* Inventory like parts shortages, spikes in fuel costs and materials, cost overruns, and the like

* Asteroids and other planets to actually discover.

* MOAR SCIENCE!!!

* Using base equipment and tweaking power and fuel volume... with higher and lower cost.

* Training Kerbals in specific "jobs" like pilot, rover operator, scientist, etc.

*Of course... pintles and gudgeons

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.