What do you want to see in .23

I still want my pintles and gudgeons!

- moving parts (hinges and pistons)

With moving parts we could make variable geometry crafts. I imagine a rocket with an interplanetary and a VTOL configuration.

I'd really like to see actuators, i.e. pistons and hinges. This would make rocket designs a lot more flexible.

Edit: whoa, a second too late! But nice to know I'm not the only one ;)

I don't think KSP's physics engine is robust enough for movable hinges. Not enough stiffness. Try using the Damned Robotics (or whatever it's called) mod. All of the hinges are really "bouncy", and there are too many bugs/graphical glitches.

Aliens, weapons, krussians, multiplayer...

courtesy the planned features wiki for ksp, in the NOT HAPPENING section:

Not happening

The following features have been confirmed to not be in the official game (although may be found in mods):

Steam achievements[citation needed]

Autopilot Systems[citation needed]

Weapons or military features[citation needed]

Alien civilizations[citation needed]

Terraforming[citation needed]

Realistically sized celestial bodies [16]

Conversion to a different game engine.[citation needed]

it is, but, we already know or rather have a good guess at what .22 will have, and are starting to speculate at what 2014 will bring us <thats my guess for a .23 release lol>

Yeah you'd definitely be right. It'll be a while. Hoping we get weather, massive optimization and a new sun or something. The sun is in need of an update imho.

The ability to hit a golf ball on the Mun!

This would be awesome!!! You could have a different animation for each planet/moon. For a bad example, you could have a Kerbal be able to make a snowman on Eeloo. That being said, I don't know how important things like this really are at this stage of development. That being said, it would be cool to have a golf animation for every planet where the ball flew farther or shorter dependent on gravity. (Gilly, from a mountain . lol)

Also, lots of people were talking about more iva action. I think it would be amazing to be able to run around the inside of my space stations using centrifugal force like this:

http://youtu.be/oYsKGDJe4zE?t=50s

Again, imo :), squad should concentrate more on vital aspects of the core game and leave most of this kind of thing for beta... or at least smaller updates like Christmas presents.

P.S.

Woods aint got nothing on Shepard. Moreover: money, resources, aerodynamics, new planets, etc. (I'm sure that they are well aware of this though. :sticktongue:)

I'd like an advanced flight planner where I can plan the whole trip using a selected ship which would estimate I can get something somewhere before attempting it using the stages and build :)

I'm a builder more than explorer :P

May be the ability to build a base on a mun/planet also with it's very own VAB.

With the Science now (soon to be) brought in, I think it's been mentioned in the thread, but I'd like a mission designer, so that you can set your goals prior to launch and then ensure you don't forget to do anything on the way.

However, mostly, I just want a new Aerodynamics model and robotics.

I'd like an advanced flight planner where I can plan the whole trip using a selected ship which would estimate I can get something somewhere before attempting it using the stages and build :)

+1 to this.

Working out a flight plan before a mission would be awesome.

There is not a single one of you on this forum that does not use pintles and gudgeons every single day. Many times!

But I do not want them in KSP, they would just add part numbers to existing parts. You want something like damned robotics and rotating docking ports. Stuff like that. We don`t need to model the inside of hinges...

Also, procedural tanks, procedural wings and procedural fairings as stock. Then we just have three parts instead of many many many. Better for memory, better for style, better for ship design, better all round.

Edited by John FX

Some optomization for low end systems.

I think that Mu said you'll get that, he did a major overhaul and they are shipping some of that with .22 and some with .23.

As for me, I want to see more career mode development, specifically missions and money. I would love to see a system where at any given time you have 3-6 mission offers on the table, each with a different cash reward. As you complete them new ones would become available (e.g. Good job landing a probe on the Mun, now put Kerbal on it!). This would preserve the choice in KSP, letting players focus on what they find fun (Interplanetary travel, Mun bases, space stations, exploring Kerbin, etc.). All of these missions would give tangential opportunities for science, so your flights would really start to feel goal-oriented and science wouldn't feel like science for science's sake.

Now i'll start off by saying i don't condone this thread being out there before 0.22 is even out BUT!

with that said and with what i've seen from 0.22, i'd say the budget/money system would be what i'd like to see

but it is out if your a youtuber

Instead of new features, I would like the next update to focus on polish - to improve the overall "look-n-feel" of the game.

One major area (IMO) that has been neglected so far is sound effects. I really wish to see some improvements in that area soon. It would have a huge impact on immersion to have RCS thruster sounds, docking sounds, improved rocket sounds, comm sounds (a la chatterer), rover sounds, etc. Totally ignored so far (but for good reason, that is).

Also, I would like to see some of the placeholder texts to be finalized, and not least to finally get some individuality to kerbal appearance.

Little things, yes, but still very visual (and auditory) reminders that this game is far from finished. Each release should be treated as if it is the last one, so I am hoping these issues can be addressed soon. But in general, anything that can't be done by mods, primarily.

Instead of new features, I would like the next update to focus on polish - to improve the overall "look-n-feel" of the game.

One major area (IMO) that has been neglected so far is sound effects. I really wish to see some improvements in that area soon. It would have a huge impact on immersion to have RCS thruster sounds, docking sounds, improved rocket sounds, comm sounds (a la chatterer), rover sounds, etc. Totally ignored so far (but for good reason, that is).

Also, I would like to see some of the placeholder texts to be finalized, and not least to finally get some individuality to kerbal appearance.

Little things, yes, but still very visual (and auditory) reminders that this game is far from finished. Each release should be treated as if it is the last one, so I am hoping these issues can be addressed soon. But in general, anything that can't be done by mods, primarily.

right now, they need to focus on bigger things than say Sound Effects. What we have now in that department is fine enough for now, and besides, if you want immersion, then technically, all sound SHOULD drop off as we enter the Vacuum of space, as we are looking at our ships and probes from 3rd person and thus, no sound should reach our cameras XD

right now, they need to focus on bigger things than say Sound Effects. What we have now in that department is fine enough for now...
That may be your opinion, but I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree ;-)

No new big things. Finish the incomplete things first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.