What do you want to see in .23

I would like to see resource's with moons, then money and mining. Then missions and more planet's.

I would also like mineing as a sub-tech. Sure you can fly to Jool. But harvesting its atmosphere is a completly less belevent creature!

in order that i would like to see them.

1......More specialized science stuff for things like rovers, stations, bases. because right now there just something you can do but they don't really have a point.

2......Money system I want to buy my rockets not just pull them out of thin air.

3......Resource's comes 3rd because you need money system so you can sell the minerals you mine out of the ground.

if only all my dreams would come true all in one update....if only

Lagrange points.

I imagine they are hard to implement into the current physiks, but Squad has pulled of such amazing stuff... I believe in you, guys. Go for Lagrange points! It's the ultimate space nerd game, you can't ignore Lagrange points. And make them hard to find, its supposed to be a challange to put a vehikle into such a spot. I want to build a KML-2 Station and be proud of it. KSO is no challange anymore, there got to be more suffisticated stuff (I know there is, but still... Lagrange points are awesome).

Oh, and since this is a whishlist: I'd love to see support for 3Dconnexion devices such as the Spacepilot. I mean... its freaking called the Spacepilot, its meant to be.

Here are things I would like to see...

-comets and asteroids

-enhanced IVA

-procedural fairings

-enhanced and more in-depth tutorials for new players

-A second (Saturn style) gas giant with a few moons

-A mission planner

-No more rocket wobble (NASA doesn't have to deal with this problem)

-More secure docking (In real life docking ports on stations and spacecraft don't flex 20 degrees as there securely fixed)

-A launch escape system for the 1 man capsule and the 3 man capsule

TBH ... theirs probably no chance of seeing all of these in one update :( so for me, asteroids, comets and the second gas giant are at the top of my wish-list :)

Edited by kerbonaut101

BIGTIME editor overhaul.

View control improvement within the VAB/SPH, part sorting and category's as well as a part search text field.

Research that adds something in the way of gameplay rather than the go repeat this x zillion times for a few numbers.

A old German game from many years back had research where combining elements randomly would produce different things so no 2 games were the same.

Gameplay perhaps where you do more than just build rockets, upgrading your facilities etc and managing funding as well as missions at the moment research is rather vapid and pointless.

Simply unlocking parts over sandbox isn't exactly adding much in the gameplay dept.

Edited by Hawkstorm

Re-function 'F' key for an SAS for atmospheric flight.

Current SAS is a great auto-trimmer, but flight in atmo needs more. An 'atmo mode assist' needs a Angle-of-Attack/'G' limiter.

The AoA limiter is a no brainer, when a plane exceeds it, it stalls and departs from controlled flight.

The 'G' limiter can be based off this chart:

4_2.jpg

(edited) If KSP doesn't model this stuff all the way accurately, then maybe a 'pitch-limiter', something to limit the amount your control inputs can move the attitude indicator from your velocity indicator, thereby tumbling.

On another note, does anyone know if the landing struts can be lowered or raised incrementally? Or is that impossible to model correctly with the physics system?

Just wondering if it would be possible to add two buttons to a landing strut when you right-click on it, one to raise is incrementally, the other to lower it incrementally. Basically, make base building and planeside docking easier.

Edited by bigbadben

1- Real-time readout for science parts as well as a GUI window for science antennas and other parts. Career mode was programmed and we still have to right click on parts to use their features? Come on. As comparison, this is equivalent of having to EVA and push a button on each part almost.

2- Would be too hard to explain how science and science gathering works while developing the career feature? Sure, we have guys like Scott Manley and others can pick this up right away, do a few runs, then start eating up the tech tree as quickly as possible. But what about the other people that play the game casually? You start with very few parts and that's okay, but the gathering of science is confusing at best. Should I do a report again for this? Will this science gathering overwrite the one I just did a few minutes ago? Which research data will be kept and which will be deleted if I do this or that? At least for me, since I haven't got the hang of it, most of the science in career mode is a guessing game, which forces you to not do as much research as you could, because you're afraid of losing high value data for useless data and so on.

3- IVA and functions for parts. I won't go further than that. Everyone and their mom knows what the parts are and what they should be doing 20 versions ago since they were introduced.

Animals in space and some kind of money system sounds nice. I prefer plants to monkeys. Less problems in zero gravity science stations. Spending money on space stuff and gaining it from doing project for companies, governments, and the Mob would be cool. Industry and resources in space is what I am wishing for.

Edited by Valley

Money system and/or new science modules to do science in space. Make 2 or 3 different ways to make experiments on one device. And, also, I want to see some kind of probe, so I will be able make some unmanned missions before manned ones. Oh, and make clouds on the sky and new buildings! That would be awesome!

I would like to see in 0.23:

Altered diminishing returns from transmitted science results so that you can exhaust what you can learn from transmitted results, but still learn more from recovered experiments. Being able to cap out science in a single trip with just one science module, a solar panel, and a transmitter will make balancing the tech costs wonky because science is so plentiful in that model.

Something to make rovers and space stations play a part in science. I don't like the idea of a science module that just generates science though, so I'm not sure what to do for space stations.

Budget as the next part of career mode.

Things I'd like to see but I think 0.23 is too soon for:

Resources, duh :-)

Improved aerodynamic model, including reentry heat (the model the devs had previously discussed that doesn't involve heat shields is fine, since we're reentering at a third the speed, if not slower).

Rebalanced scaling on the science returns/cost of techs. I'm fine with your first mission unlocking the second tier tech and all three third tier techs if you do a decent orbital mission. Where the current situation goes off the rails is that you can easily continue to pick up a full tier or two of techs per mission as you progress, even when you're on the last tier. It just feels like tech is going to be a non-issue long before you get very far in the solar system. Even if it's just one last, very expensive tier of very nice parts, it would be nice to always have something to look forward to in the tech field, like airbags or skycrane winches. I don't think that now is the time to look at this, because maxing the science for a biome in a single mission needs to be looked at first, and will affect the science returns, which will affect what the reasonable cost of techs should be.

money is a given so are the station parts but what i really want for christmas is the ability to build and fly ships made up of hundreds of parts without my frame rate lagging so much. I know its because the game is running so many physics calculations at once and i accept that and i am more than happy with the game its self, it is brilliant. But that would be my greatest wish. A 500 or 600 part craft flying like a 100 part craft. That and obtainable resources :). You guys are amazing :)

1. Improved terrain detail and graphics. Not just a handmade art pass, get some kind of consistent procedural generation system going to get kerbal-scale detail looking much sharper on the ground, more defined biomes and biome edges (brighter and more cartoony), better mun shadows, hitboxes for terrain scatters, etc. And obviously fix the performance issues that keep the current system from looking like it was made after 2005.

2. More and more interesting "easter eggs"/ sculptures to visit. You must have some ideas kicking around besides 2001: A Space Oddysey references. More scifi references would be cool, original ideas would be even better.

3. Replace the standard skybox with 1x1 sprites at fixed positions (constellations!) against a 100% black backrgound so the sky looks more like a sky and less like a muddy texture

4. Pixel-perfect navball

5. Stock robot arms/hinges/rotors, but let's be real, that one point would be more than enough for a single update. I'd rather see a graphics bump.

Less silly scientific development(simply put some soil to pod to invent a rocket - discovering the deserted airfield's gadgets would be more realistic way) with less morronic tech tree(hypersonic aircraft without landing gear)...

Less insane way of handfling of objects. The flags are generally not so intrested to count them in "flying in progress", they are just simple marks of the landing spots. Stopping to make vanished my dropped supply and reinforcement - because all the debris autotically disappear on soil, except that f*****g launch stability enhancher on the launchpad...

A random system generator. Some tool that creates different planets and moons. No need to be more systems like the Kerbol one, but a different single system would be nice. I`m playing for so many time that it becomes too easy, knowing all gravity's, routes, moons and stuff. I really want to be surprised every "new game".

1a. Biomes on more celestial bodies (which is probably on the board anyway)

1b. More celestial objects (asteroids belts, comets)

2. More science equipment (orbital labs, space telescopes (visible light, infared, xray, etc), magnometers, Geiger counter, etc))

3. Accomplishments/trophy case/space rock display

4. balanced tech tree (just search the forums, there are some great ideas)

5. Better newbie guidance

6. *optional* life support

As I said earlier, I think a budget system is the next big step in KSP. It'll knock out another big chunk of career mode and keep things interesting as the game progresses. They could even incorporate budgets into the difficulty system, where, for example, hard mode gives you the least amount of money available, and easier modes give you more and more cash to work with.

I would personally love to see more science, as well as some fixes with how science points are earned. It seems you can exploit the system a bit now, or so I hear. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I would also love to see that second gas giant with Eeloo as a moon of it. Last I saw, this was planned. I'm being optimistic and hoping the devs are hiding their progress on this :D

Whatever they end up doing will probably be great, as usual, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.