Super-Awesome-Space-Station-Network-Diagram. Because why not?

Nemitis

I just felt like sharing my latest project in KSP. After starting a new game, I decided to set a goal of being able to build giant starships in orbit using the Kethane, Interstellar, and Orbital Construction mods as the main tools of doing so. On top of that, I'm setting up an overly complicated network of space stations, science stations, and transport ships.

Since it started getting so complicated, I created a diagram of my stations and ships to help keep track of everything. I wanted to share it with everyone here to see if anyone has done anything similar and to perhaps give others the idea of starting one for themselves. Because it's super-nerdy and awesome.

It also allows me to keep track of which Kerbals are scientists and which are generic crew which is handy because Kerbals with less stupidity get more science for the Interstellar mod. It's easier than going back to the astronaut complex to check how dumb they are. I can also plan out future stations, like the one shown in orange at Minmus.

If anyone is interested, this was made with an Android app called Smart Diagram (the free version). The ships in the diamond shapes can be moved within the app between stations and moons and planets to help keep track of where everything is currently docked/landed.

Probably impractical, but it looks cool. Just like most of the ships I build in KSP...

jocG5SO.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.