[0.24.2] Achievements 1.6.3 - Earn 136 achievements while playing

blizzy78

So, just checked the suggestions.txt again, and I'm surprised that there isn't these 'chevos:

Deep Impact: Send a class E Asteroid into the KSC

Colony Drop: Crash a vessel with over 50 kerbals with a dry mass of over 1000 tons(or something about 10 times as massive as a normal space station, haven't really thought that hard on this) into a atmosphere and lose every kerbal in the crash

Go big or...: Successfully grab a Class E Asteroid and give it a stable orbit around kerbin

Go Home!: Successfully land a ship carrying a Class E Asteroid on Kerbin

Bottle it up, save some for later!: Launch a ship from Kerbin with a Type E Asteroid in tow.

This all assumes that Type E asteroids are the largest, I may have imagined them, just make sure they are all the biggest ones.

Oh, and if possible:

Apollo Style!: Land a vessel on the Mun or Minmus using solely IVA view the whole trip.

Thanks, YX33A! I'll add those to the list.

Deep Impact - I think the name is already in use.

Apollo Style - I'd love to make one where the requirements are quite like the Apollo missions, meaning you need to go up with your full vehicle, then send down a lander, that lander comes up again and docks with the CSM, and then the CSM goes home. The problem here is that this would mean tracking prerequisites over a longer period of time (with potential KSP restarts in between), and with vessel switches to begin with. I'm not saying it's impossible, but hard.

Heres a few achievement suggestions that are due to a fun little bug.

Hard Headed: Have a Kerbal fall from an altitude of over 1000 meters on Kerbin and survive.

Good thing I wore my helmet: Have a Kerbal fall from space to Kerbin and survive.

Pile Driver: Have a Kerbal fall from interplanetary space to Kerbin and survive.

All of these require that the kerbal fall from the distance, so for pile driver, you would have to EVA in interplanetary space to get the achievement. Same with the other two. (in case you are wondering if this is possible, drop a kerbal from high up and turn him upside-down and he will bounce off of his head. Danny2462 Returned from the Mun and bounced off his head. Although it really doesn't matter where you come from thanks to the atmosphere)

No, this could be put under "crew operations" but I find it much more amusing to put in under "ground contact"

Edited by Endersmens

I haven't really seen much about this mod.. but it seems there are much too many achievements..

It's not achievement if it isn't even close to a challenge to get it..at least in my opinion.

Launching, landing, landing again with everybody alive..

I get why they are there, but I probably would easily get annoyed by too many pop ups.. Well but that's just my opinion, if people like it like this it's alright :)

• 3 weeks later...
I found a bug with one of the achievements - it gave me 100 launches when my parachutes opened on a return into Kerbin. I had no-where near that many launches either.

That sounds odd, it just listens for the regular launch events.

That sounds odd, it just listens for the regular launch events.

That's what I would have thought but as soon as the chutes staged up it came. Plus I had no-where near that many launches but with returns together - maybe.

Does it perhaps count every staging event as a launch? It shouldn't, but it sounds like that.

Edit: I've tested with a simple vessel here, just a stack decoupler to break from the tank and engine, and a Mk16 parachute on the pod - it seems to work fine, just one counter on the launches.

Edited by blizzy78

Some suggestions - if you agree with them, we have to come with more funny descriptions:

- SSTGSO (Single Stage to geostationary (6 hours circular) orbit)

- launch from specific Kerbinside launchpad/runway/helipad

- land on specific Kerbinside runway/launchpad (after 10km altitude check of course)

- visit all Kerbinside launch sites with the same vessel (no recoveries, probably difficult implementation)

- complete 10/20/50/100/200/500/1000/2000/5000/10k/20k/50k contracts

- fail 1/5/10/50/100 contracts

- earn 100k/500k/1M/5M/10M/100M/1B/10B/100B funds

- go bankrupt

- scansat - scan 100% low res, hi res, biomes, anomalies of the body X (Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, planets, moons, and the sun)

- tarsier - examine at least 10 bodies (collect science) from the orbit of body X (Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, planets, moons, and the sun)

so far that's it. it's pretty much!!

How about on science mode, achievement reward some science points? Just a thought :)

Good point.

I see that the Achievements plugin still has cheevos for Sentar/PlanetFactory planets - but, didn't that mod die out?

Did it? At least it hasn't been updated for recent KSP versions, I think.

Did it? At least it hasn't been updated for recent KSP versions, I think.

Not positive, but I know it hasn't been updated, and I thought there was something to do with licensing that kept it from being picked-up again. I could just not be aware of it, but I definitely liked that mod when it existed, and have tried to find work on it.

There's PlanetFactory Creator Edition that's being developed now, I think independently of Krag's original, but I don't think it actually has the PF planets, just the ability to make them.

• 4 weeks later...

I got into orbit around the sun, which shows up in my progress tracking:

Sun
{
reached = 25164346.9546743
Orbit
{
completed = 25164346.9546743
vessel
{
name = Duna I
flag = Squad/Flags/ksa
}
}
}

But the achievement failed to fire. I do have an intercept with Duna, which I made before leaving Kerbin's SOI.

Also, why isn't this available in the Space Center?

I got into orbit around the sun, which shows up in my progress tracking:

But the achievement failed to fire.

I'll look into that.

Also, why isn't this available in the Space Center?

Because the space center scene has some technical problems.