[0.24.2] Achievements 1.6.3 - Earn 136 achievements while playing

blizzy78

Im going to suggest some of these, most may have been suggested im just to lazy to read through 13 pages of stuff right now, take what you will.

PLANETS

That was easy-get yourself in to space/ 10

A little higher- orbit of 200, 000 or more/10

"ITs well... grey.... and bumpy."- get to the muns soi/20

If only I had something to say- land on the mun

Minmulist- get to minmus soi/ 20

Looks like candy!-land on minmus.

"gentleman take a walk"- EVA land on minmus / 40

And it’s out of here! - leave kerbin SOI

don’t need no fancy equipment. - reach duna SOI an dorbit/40

A little Curiosity.-land on duna/50

purple is the new black! - reach eve SOI and orbit/40

H2OOOOOOO?- land in an eve ocean/50

It’s getting hot in here! - perform an aero brake/reentry /10

It’s biggy!-reach jool SOI and orbit/50

my favorite color! - fly through jools atmosphere/100

How in the name of physics?-land on jool

A sister she is-reach lathye orbit

we can breathe here?-land on lethye/150

DAT sun!- land on moho

ANOMALY'S

kerbin

WE actually used this?!-find the MK1 grave

Who put this here?- find the island airport

Kermunists?- find KSC2

Koswell!?- find the UFO on kerbin

The ancients knew - find the pyramids

mun

I wonder if I could fly through this,- find a mun arch.

Neil-who?- find the Neil Armstrong memorial

Journey to the center of the mun!-find a mun hole

not of this kuniverse- find the mun UFO

Love this plugin...can't get enough of achievements.

Small suggestion, may have been mentioned...128 pages is a bit to read through and a quick search for 'plugin' in this thread didn't reveal it being mentioned. I like how you can click on a completed achievement to see who/when it was achieved. Would you be able to add a similar click to the unearned 'non vanilla/other plugin' achievements that says the name of the plugin needed to acquire that particular achievement? Or even put the plugin name in the achievement itself, like *plugin name* or (plugin name). Ultimate, though I'm guessing a bit more work/coding would be to click on the unearned plugins achievement and the little pop-under contains a clickable link to the spaceport or forum thread for said plugin.

Would you be able to add a similar click to the unearned 'non vanilla/other plugin' achievements that says the name of the plugin needed to acquire that particular achievement?

The only plugins where there are achievements for as of now are Kragrathea's Planet Factory and HyperEdit. But yes, I think I will add that should there ever be more achievements for more third-party plugins.

acheives disabled in non career, I don't like losing science because Im d*cking around in sandbox, or is that already a thing?

Achievements are save-based now, is that what you mean?

The 'toast' doesn't seem to be showing up, and i'm not getting the toolbar at all in 0.23

Did you update to 1.5.3? Did you try without other mods? Are there any errors in output_log.txt?

I'm seeing the text of the toast come up, but the gold image that should come with it behind it is not.

My setup:

MAC OS

KSP 0.23

Mods installed:

- Achievements mode 1.5.3

- Visual Enhancements: Clouds & City Lights 5.3

- Kethane 0.82

- Deadly Reentry 4.1

- Ferram Aerospace Research 0.12.3

- Kerbal Engineer 0.6.2.0

- Mission Controller

- PartCatalog 2.3

Edit: I just tried again without any mods and saw the same behavior: text but no gold image

Edited by SuperSeniorComicGuy

An achievement pop-up ruined a Mun landing. Move them somewhere else?

I got a command pod onto the helicopter pad in 8 seconds from launch, and didn't get an achievement. When does the mod start counting? The command pod was on its side, but was still. Does that not count as landing? The text says "Launch a Kerbal." Does that exclude command pods? Should the Kerbal have to go on EVA?

I got a command pod onto the helicopter pad in 8 seconds from launch, and didn't get an achievement. When does the mod start counting? The command pod was on its side, but was still. Does that not count as landing? The text says "Launch a Kerbal." Does that exclude command pods? Should the Kerbal have to go on EVA?

These are the achievement's requirements:

- Edit: The vessel's starting location must be on the launch pad. See below for details.

- The counting uses the "mission elapsed time" from KSP. So this should start counting as soon as you activate the first stage.

- The rotation of the command pod at landing does not matter.

- The vessel needs to be "landed" at the location of the helicopter pad. (Whatever KSP regards as being "landed". The achievement uses the regular vessel situation.)

- The vessel must not move over the surface after landing (< 0.2 m/s is okay.)

- Crew count before liftoff and crew count after landing must be greater than zero.

- The wording "launch a Kerbal" has been chosen carefully. This is the only requirement regarding Kerbals, command pods, or probe cores. There only needs to be a Kerbal on the vessel.

I hope these answer your question. If they don't, please speak up, but please do not post an image or description of your vessel on this thread. I'd like this achievement to stay being some kind of challenge for everyone. (You can send via PM, of course.)

Also I'll check the achievement again to make sure it still works.

Edit: I have tested the achievement very carefully and can confirm that it still works as intended. Please note that the starting location "KSC launch pad" is actually a half-sphere at the launch pad. Everything inside this half-sphere counts as "on the launch pad," whereas everything outside does not. The half-sphere has a radius of 15 m. This means that everything that is more than 15 m above the launch pad's surface will not count. The following picture should explain it:

L2knAIm.png

Edited by blizzy78

Edit: I just tried again without any mods and saw the same behavior: text but no gold image

Please check your installation. The "toast" texture should be under the path GameData/blizzy/Achievements/toast.tga - it is expected to be under that exact path.

Please note that the starting location "KSC launch pad" is actually a half-sphere at the launch pad. Everything inside this half-sphere counts as "on the launch pad," whereas everything outside does not. The half-sphere has a radius of 15 m. This means that everything that is more than 15 m above the launch pad's surface will not count. The following picture should explain it:

http://i.imgur.com/L2knAIm.png

That actually explains everything.

If you made "on the launchpad" mean "within a 15m-wide, VAB-height cylinder," would that make the achievement significantly easier?

BTW, aside from getting frustrated about the meaning of the achievement when it was "obvious" to me that I'd done it, it was a really fun one. I'd welcome more like this.

Is there a lithobraking achievement? It would be great to have one for each celestial body, and might be easy to implement.

If you made "on the launchpad" mean "within a 15m-wide, VAB-height cylinder," would that make the achievement significantly easier?

I'm not sure, I haven't tested that. You would have more freedom in the trajectory you use, of course.

I implemented the "KSC launch pad" location not only for this particular achievement; other achievements do use it as well. More generally, there are two types of locations in the plugin: a circular type and a rectangular type. The circular type is implemented as the half-sphere I mentioned, whereas the rectangular one is actually a cuboid extending out to infinity. That actually doesn't matter very much because I always check for "landed" if necessary.

it was a really fun one. I'd welcome more like this.

Please do keep the suggestions coming :)

Is there a lithobraking achievement? It would be great to have one for each celestial body, and might be easy to implement.

It is, but I think those are not much fun. You'd just end up lowering your periapsis below the ground, activate physics warp and wait. I'm more after the challenging stuff, where you need to keep banging your head against a wall for some time to overcome an obstacle.

Please check your installation. The "toast" texture should be under the path GameData/blizzy/Achievements/toast.tga - it is expected to be under that exact path.

So we need to move packing if it doesnt meet this? Mine looks like this

{ksp root}/GameData/(folder i created for achievements)/Achievements-1.5.3/GameData/blizzy/Achievements

And Im missing the toast and other items with it.

Edit: Seems to be a known issue with lots of mods with the pathing. Mostly just delete the Game Data layer and it will work.

So this will work:

{ksp root}/GameData/(folder i created for achievements)/Achievements-1.5.3/blizzy/Achievements

Edit 2 that doesn't work either. I give up. Is the mod using static pathing? If so thats why its breaking still.

Edited by zapman987
new info

Just copy everything from the GameData\ folder in the download into your GameData\ folder? It isn't hard. That's why the folder in the download is named GameData\ - to give you a hint.

In the end it should look like this in your installation:

MvnSsRF.png

Very nice idea. Not testet yet, but seen the video. I have a few suggestions:

- a small graphical representation for each archivement - like the ribbons someone else has introduced in this forum.

- ribbons for each kerbal (first landing on a celestial body, first landing on Mün/Eve/..., first kerbal in orbitm etc.)

I'm having some issues with Sunburn. I got my closest approach to 100km with no result. Then I got my entire orbit to under 1000km and still no result.

I've checked the achievement, and it is indeed broken. I have fixed it for the next release.

Is there any way to prevent achievements like "We're meant to be together", "Base Builder","Space Dunk" and "Who needs spaceships, anyway?" from triggering when you're utilising the EAS-1 External Command Seat? Just got all four when using the seats to rescue Bill.

Is there any way to prevent achievements like "We're meant to be together", "Base Builder","Space Dunk" and "Who needs spaceships, anyway?" from triggering when you're utilising the EAS-1 External Command Seat? Just got all four when using the seats to rescue Bill.

Oh, that's bad. I think it should be possible to check for the seat when parts are "docked" together.

I have an issue with the "deep impact" achievement:

I landed inside the Northwest Crater at about N 11° 3' 12'' and 22° 37' 59'' and this achievement did not trigger.

Or this not one of Mun's big craters?